Page 33 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Is there any point to this story. At all?

Major Batwanking seems to be the point. With some sort of allusion to trying to fix continuity problems but we all know nothing will be fixed.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I’m just here to have a good time, so far not disappointed.

Edit: you know what I thought about it, that’s not a good explanation on my part. See here’s the thing I’m enjoying it because I’m honestly not taking it seriously. To me it feels as times as though it’s an absurd comedy with its wide variety of ridiculous Batmen, oddball frantic story that is so huge in scope it’s ridiculous, and just fun/eccentric story telling moments like Lobo, the invisible chainsaw of truth, the Trinity Rocket, and etc. It feels tongue in cheek to me so for that I’m having a good time and not really worrying about what this will mean for the dc universe.

Not to mention it has a lot of characters I generally really like playing a part in it. Wally West has his big role to play, the JSA are around, Nightwing is going to be with Starfire and Cyborg, John Stewart and the Green Lantern corps are abound, I’ve seen preview art of characters like Duke Thomas/The Signal.

So in essence I’m having fun because it’s kind of silly and entertaining and characters that I like are apart of it. That’s pretty much what I got.
    Last edited by sifighter; 09-06-2020 at 12:16 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

Edit: you know what I thought about it, that’s not a good explanation on my part. See here’s the thing I’m enjoying it because I’m honestly not taking it seriously. To me it feels as times as though it’s an absurd comedy with its wide variety of ridiculous Batmen, oddball frantic story that is so huge in scope it’s ridiculous, and just fun/eccentric story telling moments like Lobo, the invisible chainsaw of truth, the Trinity Rocket, and etc. It feels tongue in cheek to me so for that I’m having a good time and not really worrying about what this will mean for the dc universe.

Not to mention it has a lot of characters I generally really like playing a part in it. Wally West has his big role to play, the JSA are around, Nightwing is going to be with Starfire and Cyborg, John Stewart and the Green Lantern corps are abound, I’ve seen preview art of characters like Duke Thomas/The Signal.

So in essence I’m having fun because it’s kind of silly and entertaining and characters that I like are apart of it. That’s pretty much what I got.
    Basically where I am too. If Snyder hadn’t hyped it up as a WW event I wouldn’t have any qualms about enjoying it like Metal. As it is though he needs to justify why he picked WW over Batman as the supposed “lead”.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Basically where I am too. If Snyder hadn’t hyped it up as a WW event I wouldn’t have any qualms about enjoying it like Metal. As it is though he needs to justify why he picked WW over Batman as the supposed “lead”.
    To be honest, I'm tempted to think it was just so it didn't seem like he was overdoing it on the Batman stuff (even though he still is).

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

I'm in the same boat. The entire story is so ridiculous and over the top, it's practically a parody of the oversaturation of Batman at this point.

What annoys me is Snyder's laughable attempts to claim this is a Wonder Woman story, when he clearly only knows how to write about Batman.

If you ignore Snyder's interviews, the story works just fine as a silly romp as told by a ADHD kid to a bunch of potheads while they take a long road trip in an old banged up van adorned with some kickass album art.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I'm in the same boat. The entire story is so ridiculous and over the top, it's practically a parody of the oversaturation of Batman at this point.

What annoys me is Snyder's laughable attempts to claim this is a Wonder Woman story, when he clearly only knows how to write about Batman.

If you ignore Snyder's interviews, the story works just fine as a silly romp as told by a ADHD kid to a bunch of potheads while they take a long road trip in an old banged up van adorned with some kickass album art.
    See for me with the whole “Wonder Woman” event thing it’s all really in what you interpret that to mean. Personally I agree, this is not a Wonder Woman event. It is a DC universe event that is themed around past events and Batmen with Wonder Woman serving as the lead Protagonist, rallying the other heroes. Because if someone was to say to me this was a Batman event I would disagree and say that’s Joker War because to me a character specific event only focuses and shows that character and his or her supporting cast or mythos. Like if we were to look for a Wonder Woman event I would point to Witching Hour, as it focuses on Diana, her Greek mythos, and her villain Circe.

But yeah as I said, I view it as a DC Universe event that’s story is steeped with past stories and Batmen with Diana in a leading role
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest, I'm tempted to think it was just so it didn't seem like he was overdoing it on the Batman stuff (even though he still is).
    Even his next DC projects will involve Batman and Gotham. Scott my man it’s ok to admit you only care about Batman. We’re not blind we can see how little an interest you take in anything outside the Batverse. Just don’t try to pull a fast one on us . I enjoyed Metal! I’m enjoying Death Metal! The Evil Batmen are fun to me, and they don’t feel overused since Scott Snyder is the only one using them.

So let me get this straight, this is comic book version of Micheal bay's transformers with batmen? Is that it?

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    So let me get this straight, this is comic book version of Micheal bay's transformers with batmen? Is that it?
    ...Maybe the later Bay movies.

Not enough racist stereotypes.

No, it’s not that bad. I’d almost say it’s like the mystery science theater watching Dark Nights Metal or maybe more Sharknado.
    Words to live by.

BANNED

I think that's really summing this event.

Mighty Member

Is there any point to this story. At all?
    It's a Wonder Woman event, cough Batman event in very obvious disguise cough.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    It's a Wonder Woman event, cough Batman event in very obvious disguise cough.
    Be that as a may. Be it, Batman or wonder woman event,the story needs to have a point. Shouldn't it? What's snyder trying to say here? DC has a thing for batman and its gone wayyyyyy past the limit? I mean, i don't think that's what the intent is.Maybe, i am wrong.