Page 34 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Be that as a may. Be it, Batman or wonder woman event,the story needs to have a point. Shouldn't it? What's snyder trying to say here? DC has a thing for batman and its gone wayyyyyy past the limit? I mean, i don't think that's what the intent is.Maybe, i am wrong.
    What Snyder wanted to say is, say what you want about Batman, but he sold like no other characters in DC, bar none. Heck, even the biggest DC movie hit in recent time need Batman to have an event. You can't refute it now, so you better suck it up and bask in the glorious darkness of Batman.

I guess Snyder is trying to say something about the grand, cosmic, epic of the DCU and it's continuity and all the heroes and villains that make it up...just through a lot of Batman's.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess Snyder is trying to say something about the grand, cosmic, epic of the DCU and it's continuity and all the heroes and villains that make it up...just through a lot of Batman's.
    But then the question is why Batman? (Please read it in Drax's voice).

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    But then the question is why Batman? (Please read it in Drax's voice).
    I'll give you one better, when is batman?

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I'll give you one better, when is batman?
    Same Bat-Time .

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Scott Snyder appeared on the absolute comics podcast on twitch today and as usual, spoiled a few things about the future of the book and a upcoming DC book he's working on.

spoilers:
    -The scene with the justice league's hands moving towards the light with Hal Jordan is not a reference to the end of Snyder's JL run, but the original Rebirth pomo.
    -The final crisis mention in issue 3 is a continuity error that'll be fixed in trade. James Tynion and his editor warned Scott, he just forgot to rewrite the scene.
    -This is a big spoiler, Scott didn't mean to say it...the superboy prime we see in death metal is actually the original one and not just a dark multiverse version. He has a big role and appears in issue 4
    -Duke Thomas narrarates the upcoming robin king special. Snyder is also working on a unanounced book with another writer starring Duke.
    end of spoilers
    Can you link to this podcast? I listened to episode 30 and I didn't hear Snyder talk about any of this when he was on.

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    Can you link to this podcast? I listened to episode 30 and I didn't hear Snyder talk about any of this when he was on.
    I don’t think you are going to need that link to prove it. be warned don’t read the spoilers if you don’t want to be spoiled from today’s comics

spoilers:
    It’s the real Superboy prime alright, and it’s the real Darkseid and Anti-monitor. By the end of Trinity Crisis we learn one pretty big thing, Darkest Knight saw this coming so he sent the real versions of Prime, Darkseid, and the Anti-monitor into the dark multiverse versions of their events (Infinite Crisis, Final Crisis, and Crisis on Infinite Earths) to change the endings of their story so that they can’t collect crisis energy in worlds where the villains won the crisis.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Lol, so they've just became Batman Who Laughs henchmen, really?

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Lol, so they've just became Batman Who Laughs henchmen, really?
    spoilers:
    I can’t say for the rest of them but honestly I like the idea that Darkseid chose to just go take over the world of Final Crisis then somehow Batman who laughs beat Darkseid and replaced him with the Darkfather/Batseid.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    spoilers:
    I can’t say for the rest of them but honestly I like the idea that Darkseid chose to just go take over the world of Final Crisis then somehow Batman who laughs beat Darkseid and replaced him with the Darkfather/Batseid.
    end of spoilers
    How does that even work with the events of JLO ?

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    JLO is Pre-Death Metal. It's why Vic and Starfire are in the Doom Metal tiein to the event hanging out with Nightwing
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    spoilers:
    I’m not sure, that may depend on the final issue of Odyssey (especially since Starfire and Cyborg will be in Justice League and Jessica is I think in Multiverses End) but all I know is that Prime just flat out said for clarity, yes Darkest Knight saw this was going to happen so he sent them to those worlds to rewrite the ending. Anti-monitor gets a world where Anti-matter is all that’s left, Darkseid gets a world where he rules over anti-life controlled minions and rocking some tusks, and Prime won out Infinite Crisis.
    end of spoilers
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Basically Batman is the greatest villain and the greatest hero. the rest of DC are his robins. And those who say that all this is because batman sells, I do not remember that in the 80s superman was a multiversal threat and that another superman was the hero. But let's say it's a new DC policy, given that the highest grossing movie in the current DC universe is Aquaman, it means that in JL 2, Aquaman will be the leader, the strategist, the one who saves others, the one who defeats the villain, everyone else including Batman will be his helpers.

Alfred Boxes....

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Alfred Boxes....

Wasn't dc trying to be dark, gritty, serious story tellers with modern comics?Well, so much for that argument.