Page 35 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Alfred Boxes....
    Wait until you see Kull and the Pearl in this issue.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post

Wasn't dc trying to be dark, gritty, serious story tellers with modern comics?Well, so much for that argument.
    I feel like there would be a better image example of this than Itachi's death, but that's just me...

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like there would be a better image example of this than Itachi's death, but that's just me...

Just give rights of naruto franchise charcters to snyder and itachi can finally get his wish. We will get batachi.

You know WW is leading the resistance against BWL and perpetua
    This is the closest she's going to get to being a main character in an event book. I mean even Batman has basically taken a backseat this crisis and the main villain is basically his dark multiverse counterpart

Of course I guess the concept of the dark multiverse and the last 2 events from Snyder have been peppered with Bat themes but imo that's no different than Morrison doing a League of Superman or introducing multiple heroic versions of Superman because one isn't enough.
    At least now I can say there is a clear divide over Batman's popularity because any time DC notes how important the character is in universe or does anything outside of Gotham its a bad thing but let them do that same thing with Superman or Wonder Woman and you have "the best thing ever"

Imo now that I think about it the last 3 events up until Metal had nothing to do with Batman and could basically have the same story without his involvement. This is the same type of story because Bruce is doing a lot of nothing in this but people are still saying its his story.

So I’m going to write a review for Trinity Crisis, but I won’t do full spoilers since 1. I don’t have time and 2. It’s relatively early.

I will say this because it’s important, this is not a collection of interesting stories or introducing new Batmen. If you are following the main event story you shouldn’t skip this issue, not because it’s the best ever written but because with Death Metal taking the month off the tie-ins are picking up the story slack. If this didn’t say Trinity Crisis on it I don’t think I could blame you for thinking it’s issue 4 as it follows the main cast of heroes we’ve been following (including Jarro) as well as a big part of the events plot, mainly getting the Crisis Energy. In fact I may have spoiled it in this thread earlier but it actually has a huge reveal at the end that will no doubt impact the main event.

Other then that we get to see some more evil Batmen or related characters, one I Kind of found funny just on Batman’s reaction. Besides that this issue gave me something that I’m kind of glad we got, which is Robin King actually doing something. Dude been talked about as if he’s this ultimate little terror but he’s honestly not done much before now besides brag about his utility belt that can kill any hero, so nice to see him actually use it.

It’s an 8/10, Manapul does a great job on art and Snyder does his writing well enough, though the fact this will probably be a little required reading does lose some points with me though I shouldn’t be too surprised at that part.
    Last edited by sifighter; 09-08-2020 at 09:59 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    You know WW is leading the resistance against BWL and perpetua
    This is the closest she's going to get to being a main character in an event book. I mean even Batman has basically taken a backseat this crisis and the main villain is basically his dark multiverse counterpart
    I really hope that's not true.

And the main villain basically being Batman doesn't count :P?

Scraps from the Bat table is apparently being generous.

So you consider being the villain of a story an important use of a character?

Mind you I consider BWL not a reflection of Bruce but more of Joker but still why would Bruce get credit for that?
    No knock on Snyder either since he's making Batman the villain? and Wonder the main hero?

I don't see how that reflects well on a character compared to being the main hero but if that's the new goal post then we all need to reevaluate complaining about evil Superman or other heroes
    Last edited by Nite-Wing; 09-08-2020 at 10:29 AM.

So you consider being the villain of a story important?
    Not that I even consider BWL a reflection of Bruce but more of Joker but still why would Bruce get credit for that?
    No knock on Snyder either since he's making Batman the villain?

I don't see how that reflects well on a character compared to being the main hero but if that's the new goal post then we all need to reevaluate complaining about evil Superman or other heroes
    Of course I think the villain is important to the story. I think the BWL is more Joker than Batman (which is why I still don't get why he's so popular) but he's still basically a Batman at the end of the day, and Snyder loves portraying Batman in different ways.

Considering the amount of content with prominent evil Batman vs evil Superman, I don't think there's a need to move the goal posts. If there was more equality in the treatment of Batman versus other characters, it wouldn't be as much of an issue.

Of course I guess the concept of the dark multiverse and the last 2 events from Snyder have been peppered with Bat themes but imo that's no different than Morrison doing a League of Superman or introducing multiple heroic versions of Superman because one isn't enough.
    Riiiiiggt, having multiversal counterparts = turning every character both good and bad into yourself.Batman is basically ego the planet.

On side note which is kinda related,@bold it wasn't enough that's why we have the "superheroes" now . It's kinda sad though. It gave a real beating to the diversity of ideas in american comics industry as whole. Superman basically took apart all the pulp fiction characters in a way and ended them by being so dominant a force. The beginning of the Superman was the end of that era.Now,it looks like superman himself is being taken apart. I wonder what new will rise from the ashes.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So I’m going to write a review for Trinity Crisis, but I won’t do full spoilers since 1. I don’t have time and 2. It’s relatively early.

I will say this because it’s important, this is not a collection of interesting stories or introducing new Batmen. If you are following the main event story you shouldn’t skip this issue, not because it’s the best ever written but because with Death Metal taking the month off the tie-ins are picking up the story slack. If this didn’t say Trinity Crisis on it I don’t think I could blame you for thinking it’s issue 4 as it follows the main cast of heroes we’ve been following (including Jarro) as well as a big part of the events plot, mainly getting the Crisis Energy. In fact I may have spoiled it in this thread earlier but it actually has a huge reveal at the end that will no doubt impact the main event.

Other then that we get to see some more evil Batmen or related characters, one I Kind of found funny just on Batman’s reaction. Besides that this issue gave me something that I’m kind of glad we got, which is Robin King actually doing something. Dude been talked about as if he’s this ultimate little terror but he’s honestly not done much before now besides brag about his utility belt that can kill any hero, so nice to see him actually use it.

It’s an 8/10, Manapul does a great job on art and Snyder does his writing well enough, though the fact this will probably be a little required reading does lose some points with me though I shouldn’t be too surprised at that part.
    Yeah this issue was basically straight up an ordinary issue of Death Metal. The next issue of DM is going to have to do some awkward recapping to tell everyone what happened here because Trinity Crisis is basically mandatory for the main plot.

Of course I think the villain is important to the story. I think the BWL is more Joker than Batman (which is why I still don't get why he's so popular) but he's still basically a Batman at the end of the day, and Snyder loves portraying Batman in different ways.

Considering the amount of content with prominent evil Batman vs evil Superman, I don't think there's a need to move the goal posts. If there was more equality in the treatment of Batman versus other characters, it wouldn't be as much of an issue.
    100 more evil versions of Batman just from this event. Superman could be evil for the next decade and he could never match that
    I would think WW fans would actually appreciate her being the main hero in a story but again I have to remind myself a lot of people discount anything that features Batman in any way shape or form. DC and Bat shilling go hand in hand after all

Maybe being the villain is even more important

Next Crisis WW and Superman get to be villains and everything will be about how terrible and nightmarish their lore is
    Then after that do Green Lantern and Flash
    and then maybe Aquaman

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah this issue was basically straight up an ordinary issue of Death Metal. The next issue of DM is going to have to do some awkward recapping to tell everyone what happened here because Trinity Crisis is basically mandatory for the main plot.
    And that’s not even taking into account what Multiverse’s End, Speed Metal, or the Justice League “Doom Metal” are going to do.
    Words to live by.

100 more evil versions of Batman just from this event. Superman could be evil for the next decade and he could never match that
    Ok, name one evil Superman that was actually dominant son of gun that beats everyone takes over the dc landscape?

This is superman.

One looks like king and the other looks more like roadkill.One gets beaten by an oldman butler. The other takes over the multiverse and changes everything into its vision.Moreover, i would love to have an evil superman for one issue let alone a decade that could do anything remotely close to what bwl does over the course of this.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-08-2020 at 11:31 AM.

I would think WW fans would actually appreciate her being the main hero in a story but again I have to remind myself a lot of people discount anything that features Batman in any way shape or form. DC and Bat shilling go hand in hand after all

Maybe being the villain is even more important

Next Crisis WW and Superman get to be villains and everything will be about how terrible and nightmarish their lore is
    Then after that do Green Lantern and Flash
    and then maybe Aquaman
    It wouldn't be Batman without some overcompensating .

I guess we need to wait for all these evil Batman's to get a big media push aside from all their figures and toys.

I think WW fans would love her to be a main hero but would rather it be treated as a Wonder Woman story and not a DCU story with a lot of Batman that Wonder Woman just happens to be the lead character in.