Page 36 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    You know WW is leading the resistance against BWL and perpetua
    This is the closest she's going to get to being a main character in an event book. I mean even Batman has basically taken a backseat this crisis and the main villain is basically his dark multiverse counterpart

Of course I guess the concept of the dark multiverse and the last 2 events from Snyder have been peppered with Bat themes but imo that's no different than Morrison doing a League of Superman or introducing multiple heroic versions of Superman because one isn't enough.
    At least now I can say there is a clear divide over Batman's popularity because any time DC notes how important the character is in universe or does anything outside of Gotham its a bad thing but let them do that same thing with Superman or Wonder Woman and you have "the best thing ever"

Imo now that I think about it the last 3 events up until Metal had nothing to do with Batman and could basically have the same story without his involvement. This is the same type of story because Bruce is doing a lot of nothing in this but people are still saying its his story.
    If we're talking Final Crisis, Superman got his own important side story but he didn't take over the whole event.

An event where the main thing anyone talked about was still Batman shooting Darkseid. And it also helps that Morrison is a better writer than Snyder, plus Superman and Wonder Woman are designed to be at the center of all these larger than life things. Batman doing it just comes across as epically stupid. It's outside his wheelhouse and the genres and tropes that make him appealing.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 09-08-2020 at 11:47 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Speaking of memes,how come this event doesn't have many? This event or story should be a meme factory.It's so stupid that i am actually enjoying it.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-08-2020 at 11:56 AM.

I don’t really mind Batman being at the center of these events. Dude is DC’s biggest seller, it’s hollow to pretend he’s not the sun around which the rest of DC orbits. But if you’re going to market something as related to WW, there should be more WW lore and characters showing up here. Circe was a major part of Tynion’s JLD, yet I doubt she’ll be involved with this at all. I just think Snyder could’ve used more of her lore, especially given both Batman and Superman’s lore is featured pretty heavily here. Solaris is referenced on the world map for Rao’s sake, you could at least sneak a mention of what Steve Trevor or Cheetah or whoever is up to.
    Last edited by Vordan; 09-08-2020 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I don’t really mind Batman being at the center of these events. Dude is DC’s biggest seller, it’s hollow to pretend he’s not the sun around which the rest of DC orbits. But if you’re going to market something as related to WW, there should be more WW lore and characters showing up here. Circe was a major part of Tynion’s JLD, yet I doubt she’ll be involved with this at all. I just think Snyder could’ve used more of her lore, especially given both Batman and Superman’s lore is featured pretty heavily here. Solaris is referenced on the world map for Rao’s sake, you could at least sneak a mention of what Steve Trevor or Cheetah or whoever is up to.
    Be careful what you wish for, I could see it now battrevor falling deeply in love with wonder woman. Then we will have this epic romantic drama with the three of them. Only to realise, that only batman is ww one true love. Cut to the goof-i mean the "dark" multiverse. Behold the new "central figure" of the event. The daughter of ww and bruce wayne.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-08-2020 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Ok, name one evil Superman that was actually dominant son of gun that beats everyone takes over the dc landscape?

This is superman.

One looks like king and the other looks more like roadkill.One gets beaten by an oldman butler. The other takes over the multiverse and changes everything into its vision.Moreover, i would love to have an evil superman for one issue let alone a decade that could do anything remotely close to what bwl does over the course of this.
    Yeah I guess that period of time where superboy prime was ripping everyone apart and couldn't be stopped just wasn't the same

Damn all you guys have to complain about is injustice and superman was the guy to take down the evil regime
    Its like bizzaro world with some of you

BANNED

Yeah I guess that period of time where superboy prime was ripping everyone apart and couldn't be stopped just wasn't the same

Damn all you guys have to complain about is injustice and superman was the guy to take down the evil regime
    superboy prime was a universal threat, compared to a multiversal is how he compares an insect to a god. For any comic fan it is easy to show an evil superman being beaten by batman, turning batman into the hero of history, shows an evil batman being beaten by superman, turning superman into the great hero.
    shows a series of games in which batman is evil and superman the hero
    Last edited by NaVi; 09-08-2020 at 12:57 PM.

Astonishing Member

100 more evil versions of Batman just from this event. Superman could be evil for the next decade and he could never match that
    I would think WW fans would actually appreciate her being the main hero in a story but again I have to remind myself a lot of people discount anything that features Batman in any way shape or form. DC and Bat shilling go hand in hand after all

Maybe being the villain is even more important

Next Crisis WW and Superman get to be villains and everything will be about how terrible and nightmarish their lore is
    Then after that do Green Lantern and Flash and then maybe Aquaman
    yeah, 100 more characters/ideas that will probably join 100,000 characters/ideas on the shelf in DC's limbo...probably not to be seen again.

what a waste.

You know what this has been bugging me all day so I want to talk about it.

spoilers:
    Did Darkseid grow hair and tusks?!? Is that what I’m looking at? And remember this is apparently main universe Darkseid who went into the Dark Multiverse version of Final Crisis so that’s weird given how he normally looks
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

By the way the video titles not a joke, be wary
    Last edited by sifighter; 09-08-2020 at 06:09 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

By the way the video titles not a joke, be wary
    Can you give a rundown on the spoiler?

Seriously, why the hell wasnt this just Death Metal #4?

This whole series has been so odd. It’s this mix of dark/depressing and parody. One page has worlds being destroyed and people being ripped apart and the next reads like a Naked Gun movie. Overall I found Trinity Crisis way more enjoyable than the previous DM issues.

this obsession with all things Batman at DC reminds me of the Simpsons Treehouse of Horror where Homer is tortured in hell. The demon shoves a room full of donuts down his throat to drive him crazy but he ends up just wanting more. That’s basically how comic book fans are with Batman. Snyder is shoving Batman content down people’s throats, seemingly in an intentionally comedic amount, and they just kick their little legs and say “more”.

You know what this has been bugging me all day so I want to talk about it.

spoilers:
    Did Darkseid grow hair and tusks?!? Is that what I’m looking at? And remember this is apparently main universe Darkseid who went into the Dark Multiverse version of Final Crisis so that’s weird given how he normally looks
    end of spoilers
    In Final Crisis, Darkseid took over the body of Dan Turpin. That could explain the hair. The other additions I have no idea.

Please god let the new hierarchy mercy kill this continuity.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Can you give a rundown on the spoiler?
    First this is an interview before Trinity Crisis release but I’ll see what I can do. Remember these are spoilers
    spoilers:

-Speed Metal will apparently have all the flashes in it being chased by an army of Black Flashes and Wally will be the one who comes up with the solution to stay away from Darkest Knight.

-Death Metal #4 will have a recap for those who didn’t read Trinity Crisis, Sgt. Rock of course.

-Says that just as Trinity Crisis is important to the main event, so is Speed Metal and Multiverses End.

-Apparently main universe versions of characters are on the antennas that the Green Lanterns are taking down in Multiverses End, including Lois Lane.

-Apparently the final battle of the event is issues 5,6, & 7

-Wonder Woman realizes her plan is wrong and that she can’t just erase a reality she doesn’t like, she has to accept it faults and all. Something about connecting to all their iterations because you have to accept it all, which includes apparently seeing the original version of Wonder Woman

-Scott wants the toys all in place, apparently not looking to get rid of characters like Batman and Wonder Woman. Apparently doesn’t want to sell what comes next with gimmicks but good stories.

-All heroes and villains fighting “the last 52”, which I think was the name of one of the rumored one-shots

-Asked about the Bathattan name thing

end of spoilers
    Words to live by.

Riiight, a guy meant to be silverage superman in powerlevel with control of a child. Yeah! He isn't supposed to be killing a bunch of fodder characters. Yeah! None of the characters that were killed meant anything. Superboy prime didn't kill batman,aquaman, shazam, womderwoman... Etc stand triumphantly.That would have been atleast understandable. Moreover, superman isn't human. Never was, never will be. He can do whatever the eff he feels like. He can jump to mars, be raised by gorillas, be working class guy and an invincible strongman vigilante from space at the sametime. Superman is built to have certain level of absurd in him. Just look at the glasses persona. He can kill a godzilla and have trouble killing a mosquito.

Oh! Wow! What an honor. After using superman and perverting the character(not only superman But also, lois. That's the bigger crime. Using the character as mere plot device to get beaten to death. Killing joke has nothing on the ****) as an antagonist for the precious perfect batman to beatup. They gave some form of heroic moment. Ofcourse, that didn't matter anyway. Because batman beats superman himself "cause he's batgod" and gets a new side kick "supergirl".

Superman hasn't been treated as a good protagonist or antagonist since goldenage and silverage. He is treated as the goody twoshoes support character for the main guy(batman) to build off on and worse get to beat on when he turns on you as his "best friend". Blah! People actually think kindness and sunshine is all that should be coming from superman. That's the level of nonsense superman has been changed into and subjected to. So, it's not about batman. It's entirely about the champion of the depression era.Good or bad, the guy should be effing dangerous with a personality that isn't reminiscent of a dad or jesus.The white wolf should have fangs and noble intentions.

Heck! I would even take the treatment of blackadam in the promo for an evil superman. Not the **** being served.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-08-2020 at 09:38 PM.

First this is an interview before Trinity Crisis release but I’ll see what I can do. Remember these are spoilers
    spoilers:

-Speed Metal will apparently have all the flashes in it being chased by an army of Black Flashes and Wally will be the one who comes up with the solution to stay away from Darkest Knight.

-Death Metal #4 will have a recap for those who didn’t read Trinity Crisis, Sgt. Rock of course.

-Says that just as Trinity Crisis is important to the main event, so is Speed Metal and Multiverses End.

-Apparently main universe versions of characters are on the antennas that the Green Lanterns are taking down in Multiverses End, including Lois Lane.

-Apparently the final battle of the event is issues 5,6, & 7

-Wonder Woman realizes her plan is wrong and that she can’t just erase a reality she doesn’t like, she has to accept it faults and all. Something about connecting to all their iterations because you have to accept it all, which includes apparently seeing the original version of Wonder Woman

-Scott wants the toys all in place, apparently not looking to get rid of characters like Batman and Wonder Woman. Apparently doesn’t want to sell what comes next with gimmicks but good stories.

-All heroes and villains fighting “the last 52”, which I think was the name of one of the rumored one-shots

-Asked about the Bathattan name thing

end of spoilers
    Thank you kindly.

I suppose technically this is a ten issue event? I was planning on skipping some of these but I guess that's not an option.

Despite that fact that I hate all the Batman stuff, I am enjoying the story for what it is so I guess we'll see how this goes.