Page 37 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Riiight, a guy meant to be silverage superman in powerlevel with control of a child. Yeah! He isn't supposed to be killing a bunch of fodder characters. Yeah! None of the characters that were killed meant anything. Superboy prime didn't kill batman,aquaman, shazam, womderwoman... Etc stand triumphantly.That would have been atleast understandable. Moreover, superman isn't human. Never was, never will be. He can do whatever the eff he feels like. He can jump to mars, be raised by gorillas, be working class guy and an invincible strongman vigilante from space at the sametime. Superman is built to have certain level of absurd in him. Just look at the glasses persona. He can kill a godzilla and have trouble killing a mosquito.

Oh! Wow! What an honor. After using superman and perverting the character(not only superman But also, lois. That's the bigger crime. Using the character as mere plot device to get beaten to death. Killing joke has nothing on the shit) as an antagonist for the precious perfect batman to beatup. They gave some form of heroic moment. Ofcourse, that didn't matter anyway. Because batman beats superman himself "cause he's batgod" and gets a new side kick "supergirl".

Superman hasn't been treated as a good protagonist or antagonist since goldenage and silverage. He is treated as the goody twoshoes support character for the main guy(batman) to build off on and worse get to beat on when he turns on you as his "best friend". Blah! People actually think kindness and sunshine is all that should be coming from superman. That's the level of nonsense superman has been changed into and subjected to. So, it's not about batman. It's entirely about the champion of the depression era.Good or bad, the guy should be effing dangerous with a personality that isn't reminiscent of a dad or jesus.The white wolf should have fangs.

Heck! I would even take the treatment of blackadam in the promo for an evil superman. Not the shit being served.
    My friend, you can't say it better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I just can't wait for this event to end once and for all. I just grew tired of it after issue 2, which is record for me.
    the best thing about it has been coming here to discuss just how bad it is. The funny thing is that if Snyder knew how to write an ending, he could pull of a seriously incredible meta ending...

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    You know WW is leading the resistance against BWL and perpetua
    This is the closest she's going to get to being a main character in an event book. I mean even Batman has basically taken a backseat this crisis and the main villain is basically his dark multiverse counterpart

Of course I guess the concept of the dark multiverse and the last 2 events from Snyder have been peppered with Bat themes but imo that's no different than Morrison doing a League of Superman or introducing multiple heroic versions of Superman because one isn't enough.
    At least now I can say there is a clear divide over Batman's popularity because any time DC notes how important the character is in universe or does anything outside of Gotham its a bad thing but let them do that same thing with Superman or Wonder Woman and you have "the best thing ever"

Imo now that I think about it the last 3 events up until Metal had nothing to do with Batman and could basically have the same story without his involvement. This is the same type of story because Bruce is doing a lot of nothing in this but people are still saying its his story.
    the Official Name of the Event is 'Dark Nights - Death Metal' - and Snyder and Capullo are 1,000,000,000% known best for their work Together on Batman. The ONLY reason why Snyder is getting dragged thru the coals on this is that HE stated it was a WW event. If he had said nothing, i bet we would be talking about how it seems like Batman has checked out and she is leading and how cool that is...but by emphasizing that it was more a WW Event than a Batman one, when in Actuality he meant that WW would be Leading the Heroes, he screwed himself over Exponentially and rather than just coping to that, we tend to hear defenses for him while it sounds like he still hasn't corrected what he meant...unless he actually does Believe THIS is what a WW Event would look like that is. If that is the case, then Snyder really SHOULD never leave Gotham honestly...

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    superboy prime was a universal threat, compared to a multiversal
    According to the DC Universe, without Superboy Prime the Multiverse would never have existed again. Meaning, as a Universal Threat, he was a Threat to All Life in Existence Period at that time. Sorry, I have hated his tantrums as much as everyone else, but he is def in the same league as BWL since he helped to Re-Create the circumstances for his existence.

And I believe Batman isn't cool with Comic Book People like us because we have seen glimpses of the Diamond when it was polished, and the glare caused the masses to look away. Now that it has been dulled, others can see it, but that luster is gone.
    Last edited by gambit2051; 09-08-2020 at 11:36 PM.
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

BANNED

According to the DC Universe, without Superboy Prime the Multiverse would never have existed again. Meaning, as a Universal Threat, he was a Threat to All Life in Existence Period at that time. Sorry, I have hated his tantrums as much as everyone else, but he is def in the same league as BWL since he helped to Re-Create the circumstances for his existence.

And I believe Batman isn't cool with Comic Book People like us because we have seen glimpses of the Diamond when it was polished, and the glare caused the masses to look away. Now that it has been dulled, others can see it, but that luster is gone.[/QUOTE]

dc can say what you want, but superboy prime was a universal threat, the reason it seemed like a greater threat is because it was used, it was someone else's weapon, batman a multiversal threat that plays with everyone, superboy prime a universal threat who is another's slave.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Thank you kindly.

I suppose technically this is a ten issue event? I was planning on skipping some of these but I guess that's not an option.

Despite that fact that I hate all the Batman stuff, I am enjoying the story for what it is so I guess we'll see how this goes.
    I mean, we also have to wonder how important the other one-shots may be....though then again the dc universe brought to you by Lobo and the story of the Robin king might now be that important.

However after the interview I think we might want to pay attention to the rumored last 52 one-shot
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean, we also have to wonder how important the other one-shots may be....though then again the dc universe brought to you by Lobo and the story of the Robin king might now be that important.

However after the interview I think we might want to pay attention to the rumored last 52 one-shot
    I was hoping to skip out on all the other one-shots after September and save money as I have way too much going on in October and the first two one-shots were not close to necessary. I still don't get the feeling the rest of them will be as important but I don't want to take the chance either.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I was hoping to skip out on all the other one-shots after September and save money as I have way too much going on in October and the first two one-shots were not close to necessary. I still don't get the feeling the rest of them will be as important but I don't want to take the chance either.
    I mean according to Snyder there will be a recap come issue 4 of Death Metal, why don’t you wait a month and see if it’s sufficient on explaining what happened. If not see if you can save some money aside to pick up the one-shots then to fill in the blanks.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Riiight, a guy meant to be silverage superman in powerlevel with control of a child. Yeah! He isn't supposed to be killing a bunch of fodder characters. Yeah! None of the characters that were killed meant anything. Superboy prime didn't kill batman,aquaman, shazam, womderwoman... Etc stand triumphantly.That would have been atleast understandable. Moreover, superman isn't human. Never was, never will be. He can do whatever the eff he feels like. He can jump to mars, be raised by gorillas, be working class guy and an invincible strongman vigilante from space at the sametime. Superman is built to have certain level of absurd in him. Just look at the glasses persona. He can kill a godzilla and have trouble killing a mosquito.

Oh! Wow! What an honor. After using superman and perverting the character(not only superman But also, lois. That's the bigger crime. Using the character as mere plot device to get beaten to death. Killing joke has nothing on the shit) as an antagonist for the precious perfect batman to beatup. They gave some form of heroic moment. Ofcourse, that didn't matter anyway. Because batman beats superman himself "cause he's batgod" and gets a new side kick "supergirl".

Superman hasn't been treated as a good protagonist or antagonist since goldenage and silverage. He is treated as the goody twoshoes support character for the main guy(batman) to build off on and worse get to beat on when he turns on you as his "best friend". Blah! People actually think kindness and sunshine is all that should be coming from superman. That's the level of nonsense superman has been changed into and subjected to. So, it's not about batman. It's entirely about the champion of the depression era.Good or bad, the guy should be effing dangerous with a personality that isn't reminiscent of a dad or jesus.The white wolf should have fangs and noble intentions.

Heck! I would even take the treatment of blackadam in the promo for an evil superman. Not the shit being served.
    Not my favorite images of New 52 Krypto.

Extraordinary Member

I mean according to Snyder there will be a recap come issue 4 of Death Metal, why don’t you wait a month and see if it’s sufficient on explaining what happened. If not see if you can save some money aside to pick up the one-shots then to fill in the blanks.
    I did not mean money was an issue, it is just more of a principle of paying $6 for fluff, the bigger problem would be my shop not having any shelf copies after the fact. I liked this issue so if there are more like it I feel like it adds to the enjoyment of the story. It is pretty much all I have on my plate for DC once Joker War finishes.

I’m surprised they would go with a dark multiverse version of the story that introduced the Dark Multiverse, that seems odd. Not surprised by Crisis, interesting to see a Wonder Woman story.

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/09/10/dc...december-2020/
    Words to live by.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not my favorite images of New 52 Krypto.
    You can't have well rounded layered character with being cutesy and good boy all the time. But, then there is nothing wrong with that

I’m surprised they would go with a dark multiverse version of the story that introduced the Dark Multiverse, that seems odd. Not surprised by Crisis, interesting to see a Wonder Woman story.

I'm more surprised by how fast it was created, but it makes sense. The Dark Multiverse react to the fears and emotions of the normal Multiverse. So Metal had to have generated a lot of fears. It's only logical that an echo of it was formed in the Dark Multiverse, in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I'm more surprised by how fast it was created, but it makes sense. The Dark Multiverse react to the fears and emotions of the normal Multiverse. So Metal had to have generated a lot of fears. It's only logical that an echo of it was formed in the Dark Multiverse, in the end.
    No I get that it’s just I’m thinking about Barbatos, who was a kind of ruler of the dark multiverse has another version of himself within the Dark Multiverse apparently.

Then again given what we saw in Trinity crisis with him perhaps ruler is not exactly an accurate term.
    Words to live by.

On one hand, Evil Wonder Woman cliche but on the other one an alternate universe where she isn’t arm candy for Bats or Supes.

No I get that it’s just I’m thinking about Barbatos, who was a kind of ruler of the dark multiverse has another version of himself within the Dark Multiverse apparently.

Then again given what we saw in Trinity crisis with him perhaps ruler is not exactly an accurate term.
    Well, he was chained at the end of the first Metal event. And I think it was implied he's just a servant of the World Forger who went rogue. I guess his power is greatly beneath those of the Monitor, Anti-Monitor and World Forger in the end. And since even the former two can have echos in the Dark, I guess it works ?

You can't have well rounded layered character with being cutesy and good boy all the time. But, then there is nothing wrong with that

Classic Krypto had his moments too .