Page 38 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Classic Krypto had his moments too
    Classic krypto was abit too tame. Even in the postcrisis story where he took on the atlas.

i like krypto being a giant white wolf, he sort of became Clark's spirit animal and guide.

Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-11-2020 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Classic krypto was abit too tame. Even in the postcrisis story where he took on the atlas.

i like krypto being a giant white wolf, he sort of became Clark's spirit animal and guide.
    He doesn't look tame there to me, and there have been a few times when he's cut loose.

I liked New 52 Krypto, I just didn't see the need to make him a giant white wolf other than the New 52 being the New 52.

He doesn't look tame there to me, and there have been a few times when he's cut loose.

I liked New 52 Krypto, I just didn't see the need to make him a giant white wolf other than the New 52 being the New 52.
    It connects to the fenrir beast allegory on some level(a wolf breaking chains and swallowing the sun whole) . Superman isn't a domesticated dog. He is wild white wolf, always was and should stay that way.For that krypto being the white wolf is perfect.Moreover, that was a bit too tame for me.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-11-2020 at 08:56 AM.

Mighty Member

I always saw post-"FlashPoint" Krypto as a white husky or shepherd. Regardless, Krypto works better as an indeterminate breed. (Vaguely beagle, maybe some pit bull.)

-------------------
    Picked up "Trinity Crisis". It nicely encapsulates everything wrong with DC for the last decade. It tries to push the word "Crisis" as having any meaning, in the middle of yet another reboot event.

At this point, DC has been in a state of near constant rebooting for 15 years, with the events blurring and over-lapping to the point that there is no status quo (or direction) to change. And, DC has retroactively stripped any significance from previously defining events.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

It connects to the fenrir beast allegory on some level(a wolf breaking chains and swallowing the sun whole) . Superman isn't a domesticated dog. He is wild white wolf, always was and should stay that way.For that krypto being the white wolf is perfect.Moreover, that was a bit too tame for me.
    I don't view Superman as a wolf in a general sense so I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree there.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I’m surprised they would go with a dark multiverse version of the story that introduced the Dark Multiverse, that seems odd. Not surprised by Crisis, interesting to see a Wonder Woman story.

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/09/10/dc...december-2020/
    When will they just Officially bring back Elseworlds???

Why do they have to keep on changing their 'What If' title line???

Marvel has literally used 'What If' as the title for their alt story ideas for decades now. Why DC feels like they have to keep changing the title line...well, thats why they are DC sadly enough...
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

I don't view Superman as a wolf in a general sense so I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree there.
    Fenrir allegory fits wayyy better than cough! Cough! Jesus nonsense. He is a working class man treated like a beast and chained by the corrupt state(Odin, romans and Ramesses ) . Superman is fenrir, moses, spartacus... Etc. This will always be superman's true origin. Unlike black adam though superman is the hero metropolis needed.

Sure enough people have tamed that origin of superman. But, he will always be the strongman from space who fights for the weak by bullying their bullies.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-11-2020 at 10:20 AM.

Fenrir allegory fits wayyy better than cough! Cough! Jesus nonsense. He is a working class man treated like a beast and chained by the corrupt state(Odin, romans and Ramesses ) . Superman is fenrir, moses, spartacus... Etc. This will always be superman's true origin. Unlike black adam though superman is the hero metropolis needed.

Sure enough people have tamed that origin of superman. But, he will always be the strongman from space who fights for the weak by bullying their bullies.
    Again, I just don't see it. But it's cool that's how you relate to Superman in a mythic kind of way .

To me direwolf Krypto was the best Krypto ever to be put to page. I mean, I dug his look but it wasn't just that, it was the origin. Modernized to perfection. Sci-fi in his creation, believable (within the context) means for him to join Kal on Earth outside of just another rocket, and just touching as all hell. They could have just used the retriever for that and it'd have worked, but the direwolf worked too.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    To me direwolf Krypto was the best Krypto ever to be put to page. I mean, I dug his look but it wasn't just that, it was the origin. Modernized to perfection. Sci-fi in his creation, believable (within the context) means for him to join Kal on Earth outside of just another rocket, and just touching as all hell. They could have just used the retriever for that and it'd have worked, but the direwolf worked too.
    I thought his first appearance (albeit off-panel) was a pretty sweet moment in Secret Origins as well.

The direwolf thing just felt like another instance of the New 52 overdoing things to be more extreme in a physical or conceptual sense. They didn't really write him that differently from normal Krypto, but it just didn't do it for me.

I guess I didn't feel that way because he still looked like a canine. Really to me he just looked like a big husky most of the time. My only prerequisite is that he's a doggie. But I get what you're saying, I feel you.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I guess I didn't feel that way because he still looked like a canine. Really to me he just looked like a big husky most of the time. My only prerequisite is that he's a doggie. But I get what you're saying, I feel you.
    In the grand scheme of things he was basically the same dog, so I think it comes down to just aesthetic taste.

In the grand scheme of things he was basically the same dog, so I think it comes down to just aesthetic taste.
    Have you seen Henry Cavill’s American Akita Kal?

Kal is basically New 52 Krypto, that dog is a freaking monster. They bred Akitas to fight bears and I would be a-ok with Krypto having a “Hulk” form where he looks more like that.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

New 52 direwolf Krypto reminds me of Morrison's other work, Klaus, and for that reason he is best doggie in my heart.

...should Streaky be a battle cat?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    New 52 direwolf Krypto reminds me of Morrison's other work, Klaus, and for that reason he is best doggie in my heart.

...should Streaky be a battle cat?
    Think Billy already claimed that.