Page 39 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Streaky could be an ocelot.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Have you seen Henry Cavill’s American Akita Kal?

Kal is basically New 52 Krypto, that dog is a freaking monster. They bred Akitas to fight bears and I would be a-ok with Krypto having a “Hulk” form where he looks more like that.
    We would've definitely gotten this if they ever introduced DCEU Krypto.

Now that I think about it...kind of like how Krypto looks on Titans?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Again, I just don't see it. But it's cool that's how you relate to Superman in a mythic kind of way .
    That's because with comicscode and later iterations. Superman as a concept was really cut in half. If you don't see moses if not the gladiators in superman then there is really something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    That's because with comicscode and later iterations. Superman as a concept was really cut in half. If you don't see moses if not the gladiators in superman then there is really something wrong.
    I like to think his concept evolved like other heroes' did, personally. He's a very layered character that can represent a variety of different things.

Well from Fandome we learned one thing about Multiverse's End

spoilers:
    Owlman is apparently super unhappy about the multiverse being taken over by evil Batmen.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Well from Fandome we learned one thing about Multiverse's End

spoilers:
    Owlman is apparently super unhappy about the multiverse being taken over by evil Batmen.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, because that's his job .

Yeah, because that's his job .
    Lol that’s literally what Tynion said. Owlman is supposed to be the “Evil Batman” but now that there are actual evil Bruce Wayne Batmen running around he’s redundant.

I like to think his concept evolved like other heroes' did, personally. He's a very layered character that can represent a variety of different things.
    Personally don't like the jesus-esque savior figure. It's boring. I don't think it's layered at all. It's actually the reverse. See, a orphan child with unadulterated kindness and openness becoming messianic figure has some great significance to it.i mean, Children are so vulnerable in general. Yet, so strong in other ways. I am talking about captain marvel. But, a grown ass man playing the dumb naive savior is grating. Put back the characters as they were supposed to be.
    The champion - superman
    The savior- captain marvel.

Astonishing Member

There is not one specific way Superman is "supposed" to be. There are hundreds of different ways you could reasonably write Superman. He can and has been a savior and to pretend that's not part of his character, history, and some of his absolute best stories -- to act like that's just not the way he's supposed to be -- is removing a very important dimension from the character.

Heck, I think you got things reversed. Billy literally IS a champion, at least in the way it seems you are describing it. Someone chosen to fight for others. His powers are granted, not innate, after all. Whereas Superman's kind of heavy-handed religious allegories in many stories certainly makes savior one of his roles. He has others and it's fine to not want him always typecasted, but Superman very certainly is also a savior as well as whatever you seem to think he should be.

You yourself have said Moses multiple times...the literal Messiah.
    Last edited by Dred; 09-12-2020 at 05:01 PM.

Superman, as originally created by Siegal & Schuster, is a sci-fi update of the Moses legend likely combined with the Golem of Prague legend. The Last Son of a Dying Planet sent off to a remote planet is just a Gernesback update of Moses in the bulrushs and a lot of those early stories carry the firecracker spirit of the story of the Exodus. That's also where the Golem of Prague comes in, with an invincible and almost cruel super strong protector of the weak making those who would subjugate those beneath them's life hell. It's not especially supririsng that two Jewish-Americans on the verge of WWII would create such a character. Heck, the name Siegal gave him- Kal-L- is literally a name for the Abrahamic God.

Apparently Snyder said BWLs is going to continue past Death Metal which doesn’t surprise me lmao. I heard Snyder compared him to Harley and Venom which honestly is pretty accurate. Both of those characters have solid hate bases as well but they sell just like BWLs does. I’d keep him contained to the Batman side of things for a while though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    There is not one specific way Superman is "supposed" to be. There are hundreds of different ways you could reasonably write Superman. He can and has been a savior and to pretend that's not part of his character, history, and some of his absolute best stories -- to act like that's just not the way he's supposed to be -- is removing a very important dimension from the character.

Heck, I think you got things reversed. Billy literally IS a champion, at least in the way it seems you are describing it. Someone chosen to fight for others. His powers are granted, not innate, after all. Whereas Superman's kind of heavy-handed religious allegories in many stories certainly makes savior one of his roles. He has others and it's fine to not want him always typecasted, but Superman very certainly is also a savior as well as whatever you seem to think he should be.

I mean, if you claim Moses to be Messiah, then so was any other jewish king.
    David, Soloman, they are also Messiah in the literal sense.
    But if you are talking about the savior in the prophecy, then I don't think Moses is the Messiah.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Apparently Snyder said BWLs is going to continue past Death Metal which doesn’t surprise me lmao. I heard Snyder compared him to Harley and Venom which honestly is pretty accurate. Both of those characters have solid hate bases as well but they sell just like BWLs does. I’d keep him contained to the Batman side of things for a while though.
    Hahaha, no way BWL will be in the Batman side of things. At best he will be JL or Multiverse tier Villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post

Every iterations of superman is linked to and is lose adaptation of the original siegel and shuster superman. So, saying they don't matter and have no say is kind of ridiculous . Moses is not a messiah. He is a prophet. There is big difference. The difference that makes up a champion and a savior. Superman's job was to take his people to freedom, not to save them from themselves by being an example. Superman became messiah figure when jesus iconography was introduced to the mythos.A champion is someone that fights for a cause, ideals he believes in. He is not out there to be a moral paragon that other should follow for better and moral life.Superman could never be that he has fair bit of dickishness to him. He does what's right, that might not be good many a times. If you don't think so,then you aren't really familiar with the character at its core. Billy isn't about bullying back. Billy isn't about showing off. Superman would do these things, for others and on rare occasions for himself.Superman was meant to be an idealist,never the rule book clinging boyscout . He wasn't meant to be a paragon virtues. The only paragon type thing about superman is that he doesn't fight for glory nor vengeance.

Superman has more in common with spartacus, fenrir, moses.. Etc. He is the working class man fighting for ideals with pen, paper, a strongman suit and natural abilities he honed through relentless pushing .Billy on the other hand is a child that was given his abilities because his virtues. He is pure to the core of his being. So, it's natural for people to see a savior in marvel.

This is what billy does in the first issue even after getting his ability. He does what's good. He goes through the proper channel. He decides to jump in only after exhausting it.

Superman on the other hand bullied a guy who was trying force himself on lois and smashed his car. Its not exactly good, but is it right? I believe so. Superman needs to act. That's what he is.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-13-2020 at 01:05 AM.

Alright so I just read part 1 of Doom Metal (Justice League #53) and I don’t want to spoil it for anyone I feel I should say this after last weeks Trinity Crisis. This is not immediately essential like Trinity Crisis is, it may turn out to be essential to the overall plot when it’s done in November but this specific issue will not immediately lead into Death Metal #4 next month like Trinity Crisis did and as such you can probably choose to skip over it for now. I felt that was important to let people know.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.