Page 46 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

The tie-ins are basically required at this point. The last issue of Death Metal barely makes any sense without Trinity Crisis and has Sgt. Rock give you an info dump at the start because of how necessary it is. You could skip the Robin King issue but Trinity Crisis, Rise of the New God, and that Superboy Prime vs. Darkest Knight tie in Snyder and Johns are doing all seem like required reading to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The tie-ins are basically required at this point. The last issue of Death Metal barely makes any sense without Trinity Crisis and has Sgt. Rock give you an info dump at the start because of how necessary it is. You could skip the Robin King issue but Trinity Crisis, Rise of the New God, and that Superboy Prime vs. Darkest Knight tie in Snyder and Johns are doing all seem like required reading to me.
    I wouldn’t count out Speed Metal or Multiverse’s end. Speed Metal is how the Mobius Chair shows up and allows for Darkest Knight to get the power he needs (he even smirked about it which I didn’t like) while Multiverses end Succeeds at taking down the towers necessary to weaken Perpetua for this upcoming fight. If you really think about it all Wonder Woman’s plan has done is make Darkest Knight/BWL incredibly more power and severely weaken Perpetua as he’s about to get into a fight with her for control of the multiverse....I know Wonder Woman fans are going to hate that I said that but looking at it all she played into his hands

1. She killed him which let him put his brain in the Bathattan body
    2. She collected crisis energy that ultimately he absorbed
    3. She sent Wally on a trip to get the very thing he rigged to get the energy in him
    4. The Green Lanterns and the multiverse heroes destroyed the towers collecting energy that Perpetua was feeding on
    5. Nightwing and his team in Justice League are taking out the chair she uses to siphon or absorb that energy (I never really understood what the chair did honestly).

In conclusion: BWL/Darkest Night has only become more powerful and Perpetua has only grown weaker throughout the event. Something tells me he’s winning hands down.
    Last edited by sifighter; 10-24-2020 at 07:16 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I wouldn’t count out Speed Metal or Multiverse’s end. Speed Metal is how the Mobius Chair shows up and allows for Darkest Knight to get the power he needs (he even smirked about it which I didn’t like) while Multiverses end Succeeds at taking down the towers necessary to weaken Perpetua for this upcoming fight. If you really think about it all Wonder Woman’s plan has done is make Darkest Knight/BWL incredibly more power and severely weaken Perpetua as he’s about to get into a fight with her for control of the multiverse....I know Wonder Woman fans are going to hate that I said that but looking at it all she played into his hands

3. She sent Wally on a trip to get the very thing he rigged to get the energy in him
    4. The Green Lanterns and the multiverse heroes destroyed the towers collecting energy that Perpetua was feeding on
    5. Nightwing and his team in Justice League are taking out the chair she uses to siphon or absorb that energy (I never really understood what the chair did honestly).

In conclusion: BWL/Darkest Night has only become more powerful and Perpetua has only grown weaker throughout the event. Something tells me he’s winning hands down.
    At this point it’s pretty damn clear BWLs will be the final boss not Perpetua, which kinda feels like a waste given Snyder’s JL was entirely about Lex and Perpetua both of whom ended up being sidelined in this event.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

What a great Wonder Woman story this has ended up being.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, pretty incompetent when it gets laid out like that. But I really do love the blue hair!

I saw through that line even in the development stage. The fact it was a Metal sequel told the whole story that it was a bullshit line. By its very conception Metal is the most Bat-verse-based tale that's ever been. A sequel to it would have to be the same, logically. It was pretty transparent to see all along that they were just going to make her a POV hero within the Bat-event and say it was about her. That's not to say Bruce is the star either, though. If anything this story is about The Batman Who Laughs. He's the star.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I saw through that line even in the development stage. The fact it was a Metal sequel told the whole story that it was a bullshit line. By its very conception Metal is the most Bat-verse-based tale that's ever been. A sequel to it would have to be the same, logically. It was pretty transparent to see all along that they were just going to make her a POV hero within the Bat-event and say it was about her. That's not to say Bruce is the star either, though. If anything this story is about The Batman Who Laughs. He's the star.
    Yep. And honestly...is anyone really surprised?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I've skipped most of the tie-in issues and I've been able to follow the story thus far, but I agree that the tie-ins you mentioned definitely make the story better.

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    Yeah, pretty incompetent when it gets laid out like that. But I really do love the blue hair!
    Honestly, they're kind of reaching the point for me some Hal Jordan fans feel about his grey temples.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Yep. And honestly...is anyone really surprised?
    Like I said earlier, no WW'84 originally supposed to originally be released this year and I'd doubt we'd have even gotten that line.

Ok so...I’m not sure what just happened in Rise of the New God but somehow I got a feeling this might actually get crazier. Because the Perpetua vs Darkest Knight fight is going on, but it’s actually kind of in the background of the issues main story oddly enough.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    superman is a god, batman an insect, but every time they fight superman sees his power, intelligence and ability reduced almost to 0, batman sees his stats multiplied by 1000, I hope for once it is the other way around, that batman becomes a pathetic idiot and smarter and more skilled superman. Anyway this is a useless debate, we all know that Batman always wins, after all DC Comics is a lie, his real name is Batman Comics.
    Apparently you missed the part where batgod has become a reality and Superman just a has-been tick who licks Batman's shoes.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

The last issue just a meh. Feels like this issue whole purpose was trying to introduce a new character who seems to be the one doing "lets reboot DC again" busboy.
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop1998 View Post
    The last issue just a meh. Feels like this issue whole purpose was trying to introduce a new character who seems to be the one doing "lets reboot DC again" busboy.
    I got the impression that he's going to be a villain of the next crisis event(sooner or later another one's coming) or plot twist villain.

Astonishing Member

Even with the tie ins Death Metal is an incoherent, edgy nonsensical mess.

BANNED

reading the comments, it seems that many like this event. I understand that Batman fans like it, it is an event that reorganizes the entire DC creation, so that everything, without exception, is Batman. but that ww or superman fans like you is something that surprises me. Especially ww fans, they cried when doomsday clock (a story that was advertised as a comic, a superman story) focused on superman, but now that a comic, which is advertised as the WW story, revolves entirely around batman , they seem very happy.