Page 5 of 60 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, Zdarsky is the biggest surprise to me.
    Not Garth Ennis on both a Superhero Story and an Event Tiein?
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Prime was straight up confirmed for Young Justice by the Artist. Johns himself had said that Prime will "probably" appear in an Event soon
    Yeah that’s why I’m intrigued on the whole big Superboy Prime return, I’m not a huge fan of the character but I did like him as a villain in Infinite Crisis, Sinestro Corps War, and Legion of three worlds.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Hey with recent interviews I got to ask one thing, anyone find it weird that John Stewart has not been mentioned at all. They only recently mentioned what’s been going on with Aquaman and only recently talked up Martian Manhunter and Hawkgirl but no John Stewart.

Honestly besides the Black Lantern ring that Batman is getting we haven’t actually heard anything about the Lantern Corps.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Hey with recent interviews I got to ask one thing, anyone find it weird that John Stewart has not been mentioned at all. They only recently mentioned what’s been going on with Aquaman and only recently talked up Martian Manhunter and Hawkgirl but no John Stewart.

Honestly besides the Black Lantern ring that Batman is getting we haven’t actually heard anything about the Lantern Corps.
    I noticed that too. Unfortunately, Snyder didn’t do much with Stewart in his JL run either, so he might not do anything with him here as well. Hopefully I’m wrong and Stewart will play a role, either in the main book or the tie-ins.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I noticed that too. Unfortunately, Snyder didn’t do much with Stewart in his JL run either, so he might not do anything with him here as well. Hopefully I’m wrong and Stewart will play a role, either in the main book or the tie-ins.
    Yeah hopefully we see him in the guidebook at least, I’d like to assume that all seven of the main Justice League team will have something to do in Death Metal.
    Words to live by.

Yeah hopefully we see him in the guidebook at least, I’d like to assume that all seven of the main Justice League team will have something to do in Death Metal.
    He used them in the first "Metal":
    Dark-Nights-Metal-1-Justice-League-by-Greg-Capullo.jpg

It all seems pretty interesting but I still wish DC would have let The Batman Who Laughs stay hidden for like a year before this instead of being freaking everywhere.

Cool to see Warren Ellis taking part in the. They really should just give him the keys to the DCU and get the hell out of his way.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It all seems pretty interesting but I still wish DC would have let The Batman Who Laughs stay hidden for like a year before this instead of being freaking everywhere.

Cool to see Warren Ellis taking part in the. They really should just give him the keys to the DCU and get the hell out of his way.
    Unfortunately he’s made the jump to non-comics media that every writer who doesn’t want to starve usually ends up making. He’s got Castelvania and other TV projects in the works, so other than the occasional side project like The Wild Storm and Batman’s Grave, we just aren’t getting that much from him anymore.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I was shocked to read that while Metal is obviously a Batman-centric story, Snyder's Justice League was supposedly a Superman-centric story (it wasn't), with Death Metal meant to be a Wonder Woman-centric story (overflowing with Batmen, of course).

We get it, Snyder, you really love Batman. He's cool. I get it, but please stop trying to convince us that you are somehow not writing another story that is all about Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I was shocked to read that while Metal is obviously a Batman-centric story, Snyder's Justice League was supposedly a Superman-centric story (it wasn't), with Death Metal meant to be a Wonder Woman-centric story (overflowing with Batmen, of course).

We get it, Snyder, you really love Batman. He's cool. I get it, but please stop trying to convince us that you are somehow not writing another story that is all about Batman.
    Honestly, that's why I'm not too interested in this. Just Batman, batman, Batman. That's all these previews are telling me.

BANNED

Where’s the recent interview from?

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Where’s the recent interview from?
    From the main CBR site itself yesterday

https://www.cbr.com/scott-snyder-dar...s-death-metal/
    Words to live by.

From the main CBR site itself yesterday

https://www.cbr.com/scott-snyder-dar...s-death-metal/
    I know in that interview, he says you can come into this thing fresh without following eg Justice League or whatever, but I imagine it would be pretty confusing. Does anyone have a recommended reading list to get up to date with the various threads that will be closed out in Death Metal? Sorry if this has been asked and answered already, as I haven't read through the entire thread.

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    I know in that interview, he says you can come into this thing fresh without following eg Justice League or whatever, but I imagine it would be pretty confusing. Does anyone have a recommended reading list to get up to date with the various threads that will be closed out in Death Metal? Sorry if this has been asked and answered already, as I haven't read through the entire thread.
    I can help with that

1. Dark Nights Metal, it’s pretty much where everything got started. that will reference Snyder’s batman run but he tells you what you need to know from it.
    2. No Justice, that sets up the main Justice League run after Metal
    3. Obviously the main Justice League series, that leads directly into Death Metal
    4. The Batman who laughs miniseries, it shows you what happens after his escape and then sets up for the next story I’m about to list.
    5. Williamson’s Batman/Superman vol 1. That sets up Batman who laughs plan and gathers the infected superheroes that he collects and will use throughout Hell Arisen and supposedly Death Metal.
    6. Hell Arisen. This is directly after Justice League and Batman/Superman, it is the big finish that directly leads into Death Metal starring Lex Luthor vs Batman who laughs.

Side note: those series are more directly linked, however there are some series on the fringe that look to impact the story.
    -Doomsday Clock is clearly referenced even in the interview
    -Flash Forward, because that’s where we get the big status quo change for Wally West who will be in Death Metal and will have new powers from that series as well.
    Last edited by sifighter; 05-15-2020 at 04:06 PM.
    Words to live by.

I can help with that

1. Dark Nights Metal, it’s pretty much where everything got started. that will reference Snyder’s batman run but he tells you what you need to know from it.
    2. No Justice, that sets up the main Justice League run after Metal
    3. Obviously the main Justice League series, that leads directly into Death Metal
    4. The Batman who laughs miniseries, it shows you what happens after his escape and then sets up for the next story I’m about to list.
    5. Williamson’s Batman/Superman vol 1. That sets up Batman who laughs plan and gathers the infected superheroes that he collects and will use throughout Hell Arisen and supposedly Death Metal.
    6. Hell Arisen. This is directly after Justice League and Batman/Superman, it is the big finish that directly leads into Death Metal starring Lex Luthor vs Batman who laughs.

Side note: those series are more directly linked, however there are some series on the fringe that look to impact the story.
    -Doomsday Clock is clearly referenced even in the interview
    -Flash Forward, because that’s where we get the big status quo change for Wally West who will be in Death Metal and will have new powers from that series as well.
    Thanks, that's fantastic information. I've only read Metal and the main JL title so I guess I have some catching up to do. Hopefully there's a relevant Comixology sale soon.