Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960 LastLast

Overall I enjoyed this event. It was loud and dumb like everything Snyder has written since Court of Owls. I’m curious to see what the plan is for the Elseworld. Will it be where they place the Future State versions? Are they considering doing a new imprint featuring new young versions of Clark, Bruce and Diana there while they slowly replace the OGs with the FS versions on Earth 0 (glad we’re keeping that number designation by the way)? Or maybe something else entirely. Looks like Hitch was just drawing the epilogue for this, so he wasn’t working on a proper JSA book yet, but maybe that final shot is teasing one to come?

Astonishing Member

Thank God this mess is over.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Thank God this mess is over.

oh, so You're one of those " do something different" then they do and you're like " what the heck , why did they do this"

They already did this. Down to the cheesy rock party at the end.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Overall I enjoyed this event. It was loud and dumb like everything Snyder has written since Court of Owls. I’m curious to see what the plan is for the Elseworld. Will it be where they place the Future State versions? Are they considering doing a new imprint featuring new young versions of Clark, Bruce and Diana there while they slowly replace the OGs with the FS versions on Earth 0 (glad we’re keeping that number designation by the way)? Or maybe something else entirely. Looks like Hitch was just drawing the epilogue for this, so he wasn’t working on a proper JSA book yet, but maybe that final shot is teasing one to come?
    Yeah I agree, Snyder has been a writer I like just because how crazy he can get in his stories. I hope the whole Omniverse idea leads to good stories, I mean if you have just an infinite number of multiverses and an infinite number of earths there should be a number of stories you can tell. Personally I hope they do a digital series or something to continue the future state universe, it could be fun it’s own right.

Also disappointed about the Hitch thing but I hope that ending with the JSA means they have stuff in store with them.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

What a disappointment of "WW event". Scraps from the Bat table and shuffled off as her 80th anniversary starts.

At least the stupid blue highlights are gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    oh, so You're one of those " do something different" then they do and you're like " what the heck , why did they do this"
    How is "big line-wide event comic that alters current continuity" different?
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Edit: double post.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    How is "big line-wide event comic that alters current continuity" different?
    Well, that part has been made before. Crisis are that. Starting from Crisis in Infinite Earths.

But I guess they were talking about the craziness and multiverse elements. Which aren't new either.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-05-2021 at 09:22 AM.

BANNED

Well, it was pretty solid ending.

I think Snyder might want to go back to his root in Mystery and Horror, those he can build up pretty well,
    the big battle might not be his cup of tea,
    I mean I liked Wonder Woman One Million vs Batman Who Laughs, but we could use some more epic moments.
    Like that COIE cover of every hero charging at Anti-Monitor or Final Crisis Multiversal Supermen attacking Mandrakk
    or Multiversity heroes attacking the Gentry.
    You know, a splash page or two that make you wanna make it a poster or something.

Overall, some ideas are pretty cool, some are pretty dumb, but somewhat enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    They already did this. Down to the cheesy rock party at the end.
    I remember a lot of cheesy endings to crisis events
    this one had the most cheese possible

I can already see DC doing this type of rinse and repeat storytelling 5 years down the line at the next crisis

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Death Metal #7 has dropped and with it comes the Infinite Frontier of the Omniverse:

"All of us are brought back where we were before Batman Who Laughs attack"

Omg lol so that's how they explain the discrepancy of events that's going on in other books, why it seems that other books can run on its own unconcerned about this end of the world

Also that's why Tom Taylor said Dick and Babs wedding in Metal an alternate universe

By the way is that Talia or Xanadu? So everyone in that room are the only who know about this?

I'm just here for the lore

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    "All of us are brought back where we were before Batman Who Laughs attack"

Omg lol so that's how they explain the discrepancy of events that's going on in other books, why it seems that other books can run on its own unconcerned about this end of the world

Also that's why Tom Taylor said Dick and Babs wedding in Metal an alternate universe

By the way is that Talia or Xanadu? So everyone in that room are the only who know about this?

I'm just here for the lore
    Talia. The JL and Legion of Doom are apparently going to team up which I expect will be completely dropped and ignored by Bendis (honestly for the better what a dumb idea).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Talia. The JL and Legion of Doom are apparently going to team up which I expect will be completely dropped and ignored by Bendis (honestly for the better what a dumb idea).
    I will forever blame the Legion of Doom for the drop in quality for Action Comics, such nonsense!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    No, Metal and Death Metal were incoherent garbage that pretended to be deep. Both story arcs will get praised by the 'dark and edgy= good and mature crowd' but they weren't very good.

I have no problem with DC doing new things, but if your going to do something new, do it right.