Page 7 of 60 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Oh man, Kingdom Come Iris West Kid Flash!

6B1E0430-F470-4625-833F-62C87E2F7DD5_4_5005_c.jpg

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Scott Snyder mentioned he'l post a checklist for Death Metal this week, hope that means the JL crossover he's teased is part of the September solicits https://twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/stat...60177817124867

BANNED

They already have the dark Multiverse and Johns Multiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Scott Snyder mentioned he'l post a checklist for Death Metal this week, hope that means the JL crossover he's teased is part of the September solicits https://twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/stat...60177817124867
    I wonder who will be writing the JL crossover and will it focus on Snyder’s Leaguers?

Spectacular Member

Scott Snyder posted the checklist.

Straight from Scott's Twitter:
    "We have two specials in August alongside DM 3 by insane talent: - "DM: Legends of the Dark Knights" (a guide to all the evil Batmen from BRex to Darkfather...) and "DM: Metalverse Guidebook" (which explores the changed world of DM, from New Apokolips to Starro Canyon).
    Then In September the main series takes ONE MONTH OFF but 3 key specials carry it forward: - DM: Trinity Crisis (DC'S greatest crises revisited with a twist) - DM: Speed Metal (flashes unite) - DM: Multiverse's End (GL's try to save the remaining planets)
    Then in November and December we have some more killer specials AND X-overs planned as we near our giant finale... ...BUT how many we do depends on how you're enjoying the event, what you say you want, all of it. So the last specials and X-overs still secret and TBD
    So ONLY look at this as a CHECKLIST THROUGH OCTOBER. Everything after that when it comes to specials, x-overs is TBD based on you all! Thanks again from everyone involved!
    Also, the specials (Trinity Criss, Guidebook, etc) are all 38 pages each"

Looks like DC wants to wait to see both how their new distributors perform as well as gauging fan interest before going all in on tie-ins. Definitely want to know what the “Last 52” means though

Could I hope "Last 52" might mean visiting the actual Earth-52, the "last" home of those concepts? Maybe, but at the same time its just as likely its a story with the idea of just making sure everyone knows they're stomping on the corpse of everything that had to do with it.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

They should probably combine remaining Earths into one new one. Sans Earth Prime.

Astonishing Member

Phew! Wouldn't be a Scott Snyder story without a quote about how "We don't want you to have to buy a bunch of crossover content" without a couple of dozen one-shots and specials. But at least so far, as of yet, no tie-ins within the pages of other ongoing comic series. Fingers crossed. I mean we all know a lot of these one-shots, in particular any that Snyder actually writes, but probably Tynion, too, aren't really "optional" at all. Or any less optional than the entire story, in which case why you reading it anyway? Hopefully they don't unleash a pre-packaged massive slew the second somebody declares Death Metal to be "fan favorite" or "popular" or "a hit". I thought the Metal specials started out okay but then there's a four-parter that crosses from Nightwing to Teen Titans to Green Arrow to Harley Quinn or whatever. Follow that trail. Then another one, that jumps from Justice League to Green Lantern to Flash and Back. Plus they drop EIGHT kind of irrelevant secret origin comics for each of the one-off gimmick Dark Batmen where writers bend over backwards trying to figure out silly ways that those Batmen came to be. Then out of nowhere a guest-starring Morrison one-shot about Detective Chimp that has a main plot point in it.

Weird stuff, man.

Technically aren't those "TALES OF THE DARK MULTIVERSE" titles that already came out Crossover Content, too? And that "Wally Becomes Doctor Manhattan" series.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

BANNED

Reminds me of Secret Wars 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Reminds me of Secret Wars 2015.
    Given Snyder namedropped Hickman as a source of inspiration for his JL, that’s definitely intentional.

I was tempted to pick up Metal, but I never did as I heard some mixed things... I have liked Snyder historically, esp his Batman.

What did you all think of Metal? Would you recommend, and are you going to check out Death Metal based on your exp with Metal?

Quote Originally Posted by noisebloom View Post
    I was tempted to pick up Metal, but I never did as I heard some mixed things... I have liked Snyder historically, esp his Batman.

What did you all think of Metal? Would you recommend, and are you going to check out Death Metal based on your exp with Metal?
    If you've liked his Batman run (which was awfull), you'll very much enjoy Dark Nights: Metal.
    I think metal was messy. But it's sequels where not that bad (No Justice was so so but must be read to understand what follows):
    - Justice League: No Justice + Justice League by Scott Syner + Justice League: Doom War
    - The Batman Who Laughs + The Infected

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Despite Scott Snyder not mentioning it in his checklist, Justice League will tie into Death Metal in September
    justiceleague53.jpg

JUSTICE LEAGUE #53

written by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON

art by XERMANICO

cover by LIAM SHARP

variant cover by BEN OLIVER

"Doom Metal" part one of five -- the Dark Nights: Death Metal tie-in that will directly impact the finale of that event! Nightwing's on a mission to free the Legion of Doom from Perpetua's clutches. But to do so, he'll need the help of none other than...Lex Luthor?! The surprises are only just beginning, as Nightwing, Lex, and a new Justice League must fight their way through an Earth twisted by the Dark Multiverse. Titans will be tested, hearts will be broken, and blood will be spilled!

Spectacular Member

Makes sense as it was a prelude to Metal before guest writers, hopefully Metal involve crossovers with other ongoing.