Page 8 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Shouldn't every ongoing have an issue related to Death Metal? Event changes the universe for a while, this should affect everyone, in theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Shouldn't every ongoing have an issue related to Death Metal? Event changes the universe for a while, this should affect everyone, in theory.
    In theory that would make sense, but in practice fans hate it when the stories they are reading are interrupted by stories they may have no interest in. Like I would personally love to see how Young Justice are holding up in a continuity changing event when their lives are effected by continuity changes, but not everyone wants that.

Not to mention then it brings into question how important those ongoings are to the main story and if they need to read them which then bring questions of money. I personally will be buying the main events and one-shots(especially Speed Metal) but I don’t want to have to read 10 other books for a whole picture.

Again, good in theory bad in practice.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I won't be reading Metal but do read several ongoing. Don't read many Marvel books because of events.

Well thanks to some links from Reddit I now know that DC on its website put the lettered preview to the first issue of Death Metal. I’ll post the link here and follow it up with pages.

https://www.dccomics.com/comics/dark...-death-metal-1
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Last edited by sifighter; 06-12-2020 at 07:39 PM.
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Earth Prime looks like Battleworld.

A new guide for dark knights death metal!!

https://www.cbr.com/dark-nights-death-metal-guide/

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    A new guide for dark knights death metal!!

https://www.cbr.com/dark-nights-death-metal-guide/
    This guide is uncomplete and missing a massing chunk of what Death Metal is !
    Death Metal is not only a sequel to Dark Nights: Metal.
    In between lots of things happen ! Such as Batman Who Laughts, No Justice, The Infected, Doom War, ... how are these events not mentionned !
    Don't follow this guide.

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    In between lots of things happen ! Such as Batman Who Laughts, No Justice, The Infected, Doom War, ... how are these events not mentionned !
    Don't follow this guide.
    Yeah I can’t help but agree, if you really want a guide I think it would look more like this

-Optional: Snyder’s Batman run
    1. Dark Nights Metal-where it begins
    2. No Justice-Set up for Justice League
    3. Justice League-Where he sets up Doom War and it’s ending which leads to Death Metal
    -optional-Justice League Odyssey and Justice League Dark, side books that come out of No Justice not sure how much they will play into it but can’t be too careful, plus Dark is really good.
    4. Batman who laughs Mini-series- sets up Infected story line and follows what BWLs does next
    5. Batman/Superman-the infected/Secret Six storyline does play into BWLs storyline and is involved in the story in another series
    6. Flash Forward- to explain Doctor Manhattan Wally West and how he fights the dark multiverse
    7. Hell Arisen- Right after the Justice League ending and is the lead up to Death Metal by showing BWL fight Luthor.
    Words to live by.

All this bat stuff is making me reconsider if I want to read this. It's a bit too much.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah I can’t help but agree, if you really want a guide I think it would look more like this

-Optional: Snyder’s Batman run
    1. Dark Nights Metal-where it begins
    2. No Justice-Set up for Justice League
    3. Justice League-Where he sets up Doom War and it’s ending which leads to Death Metal
    -optional-Justice League Odyssey and Justice League Dark, side books that come out of No Justice not sure how much they will play into it but can’t be too careful, plus Dark is really good.
    4. Batman who laughs Mini-series- sets up Infected story line and follows what BWLs does next
    5. Batman/Superman-the infected/Secret Six storyline does play into BWLs storyline and is involved in the story in another series
    6. Flash Forward- to explain Doctor Manhattan Wally West and how he fights the dark multiverse
    7. Hell Arisen- Right after the Justice League ending and is the lead up to Death Metal by showing BWL fight Luthor.
    Almost - Before Dark Nights: Metal you have
    - Dark Days: The Road to Metal

You also have 2 Dark Nights: Metal spin-offs
    - Dark Nights: Metal—Dark Knights Rising
    - Dark Nights: Metal—The Resistance

Along side Batman/Superman: The infected, you also have:
    - Year of the Vilains
    - Supergirl annual #2
    - The Infected: King Shazam + The Infected: Scarab + The Infected: Deathbringer + The Infected: The Commissioner

Have fun.

Why the need for the "Dark Nights" prefix?

It's clunky, it's not cool, it doesn't serve any real purpose.

I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post

I don't get it.
    It takes place across multiple nights ?

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post

I don't get it.
    First, I find it cooler than would be only "Metal".
    Second, I think that using too simple names is bad, because it would get harder and harder in time to find evnt names.

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    Don't follow this guide.

No dude, it's a guide for what's coming out this summer/fall