Superhero universes tend to gloss over legal stuff, leaving us to think about them ourselves. What are things you wonder?

For me, I wonder how laws work in regards to families, the weird kind only possible in such settings. I was looking into the Summers-Grey family again and good lord would this be a legal nightmare.

• For one, Cable is Cyclops’ son, but was raised in an alternate future and is decades older than him. How is that recognized in legal terms and rights?
  • For that matter where does cloning factor into this? Would Cable be related to Jean Grey through his birth mom Madelyne Pryor, her being Jean’s clone? What does that make Jean anyways?
  • Also, I do wonder about Rachel Summers and Nate Grey, who are both children of Scott and Jean but from alternate universes. Would they be recognized as being legally their kids? What about to each other, and Cable?
  • Don’t forget that Cable adopted a daughter named Hope and raised her to a young adult in the future before returning to the present. Cable, again, is Scott’s son... does that mean Scott is one of the world’s youngest grandpas?

And this is just scratching the surface because there’s also the lost brother Vulcan who was raised by aliens and married one, and Cable also has a clone named Stryfe...

But anyways it kind of makes you think. Superhero universes tend not to get into law too much because technically superheroes themselves should be illegal and it would be a mess to figure out, but it is amusing to consider. And this is just one example I can give.

What are things you wonder? Discuss.