Default Gorilla Grodd vs Xemnu the Titan

Gorilla Grodd vs Xemnu the Titan

* Grodd gets both post-crisis and current version feats.

* 616 version of Xemnu

Standard arena match.

Well Xemnu should stomp the post-crisis version. His strength, durability, and telepathy was on a whole 'nother level beyond Grodd.

Current version, I'm not super familiar with; I last heard mention of him having The Still Force, which I assume is like an anti-Speed Force?

If so, then he may be too much for Xemnu to handle.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Huh, it's not often I'm like "Who?"

But... Xemnu the who now?

He’s a large, white, furry, psychic brick from the Marvel Universe, IIRC. Has tangled with She-Hulk among others.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Huh, it's not often I'm like "Who?"

But... Xemnu the who now?
    You know Xemnu the Living Hulk? Founding Avengers?helped found the Defenders? Had that children's TV show in the 70s.

Remember?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I see what you did, there. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Xemnu is powerful. IIRC he mind-controlled every kid on the planet by hacking television transmissions. Another time, he mind-controlled an entire town. He can do mental illusions, turn into gaseous form, and has the knowledge to build a spaceship capable of interstellar travel. He also built a Groot bot. He looks strong, but I don't of any strength feats. He is very durable. One time Hulk was holding Xemnu down while repeatedly punching Xemnu in the face, and Xemnu just looked angry about it. However, I think Grodd is smarter and has actual strength feats. More importantly, post-52 Grodd had (has?) superhuman speed. I think Xemnu could beat post-Crisis Grodd, but not current Grodd.

Xemnu has high-level psionis and incredible-almost-Hulk strength. I believe he wins.

Xemnu just got his arm torn off without missing a beat. Also he hypnotized/mesmerized/telepathically manipulated the entire planet again.

IIRC, Xemnu was somewhat a match physically for Hulk way back in early issues of Defenders, but that didnt last very long. He also mind controlled Hulk for a limited time before Hulk broke free because Hulk did his thing and became angrier. Oddly, Xemnu has always been touted as this psionic titan, purportedly controlling billions at a time...just struggling to recall him doing anything on that level. I dont see him, feats wise, as an Xavier or Heather Douglass.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Oddly, Xemnu has always been touted as this psionic titan, purportedly controlling billions at a time...just struggling to recall him doing anything on that level. I dont see him, feats wise, as an Xavier or Heather Douglass.
    Xemnu, back when he called himself 'Hulk,' uses his mental powers to control everyone on Earth:

UpKwz4W.jpg

I thought, perhaps mistakenly, that Grodd might have equivalent telepathic feats. They seemed evenly matched. Both have strength, telepathy, telekinesis, really smart brains and, y'know, fur. So let the fur fly....
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 02-13-2020 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    Xemnu, back when he called himself 'Hulk,' uses his mental powers to control everyone on Earth:

UpKwz4W.jpg

I thought, perhaps mistakenly, that Grodd might have equivalent telepathic feats. They seemed evenly matched. Both have strength, telepathy, telekinesis, really smart brains and, y'know, fur. So let the fur fly....
    Nice. So the whole planet was under his control. That is indeed upper level stuff.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Nice. So the whole planet was under his control. That is indeed upper level stuff.
    Dude's pretty dang potent. Additionally he's capable of old school "super-hypnotism" in the vein of the Shadow as well as more modern psychic stuff. So, in theory, he should have ways around a lot of psychic defenses.

Yup, I don't lie, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    You know Xemnu the Living Hulk? Founding Avengers?helped found the Defenders? Had that children's TV show in the 70s.

Remember?
    I c what u did thar
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie