Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Best hand-to-hand combatants in Marvel?

Pretty simple, really. Who are the most skilled combatants in hand-to-hand combat within the Marvel Universe? Who are the characters who know martial arts, and know it well, that they can dominate opponents, even ones stronger than them, with their skill and expertise?

For the record, this refers to actual skill, not just people who have super strength and get by because they can hit super hard. Hulk may be a destructive force of nature, but few would call him a skilled martial artist.

Anyways, the ones that come to mind:

Shang-Chi
    Iron Fist
    Captain America
    Taskmaster
    X-23
    Cable
    Daredevil
    Elektra
    Karnak
    Cyclops
    Black Widow
    Hawkeye
    Mockingbird

Who else is of note?

Taskmaster?

Mantis is pretty good.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Black Panther,Deadpool and Wolverine are on that list. Wolverine has an asterisk they make Wolverine fight like Berserker but on occasions he shown fighting use skill and not the fact he has damage soak and a lot the time it is against top level Marvel guys like Iron Fist or Daredevil.

Shang Chi

Black Panther

Elektra

Daredevil

Iron Fist

Black Widow

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

If you're the type of person that considers wrestling not only a sport, but a form of martial arts, then you have to add Hercules somewhere on the list. His prodigious strength tends to blind people to the fact that he was also one of the most technically skilled wrestlers, pugilists, archers, strategists of any age.

Add Midnight Sun to the list, the adopted son of Fu Manchu and brother to Shang Chi.

Add Shang Chi's chief rival, The Cat, to the list.

Add Kwannon (Revanche) to the list, and I suppose by virtue of her possessing her mind and body at one point, Betsy Braddock (Psylocke).

And if we're not limiting this to humans only, add Champion, the Elder of the Universe to the list. The whole Infinity gem story lines all derailed this character. Before he ever wielded the Power Gem, he was completely undefeated for millions, if not billions of years. These days, though, writers treat him like a 'roided out jock, instead of the warrior that spent eons mastering several diverse fighting styles across multiple worlds, multiple star systems.

Another person who is often written as a slightly better than above average fighter is Ororo Munroe.

Shadowcat (Kitty Pryde) should be somewhere on this list, too. She owes her martial arts mastery to the legendary Ogun Ryu. It is the same Ogun who also taught Wolverine. (And yes, you can add Ogun to the list. He's dead, but his spirit lives on.)

Has anyone mentioned Moon Dragon yet? Don't let those big beautiful eyes and bald head fool you. She's much, much more than a telepath/tk threat.

There are others, but I'll leave it there for now. I'm sure the community will help round out the full list in no time.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 02-13-2020 at 05:32 AM.

I'd add Spider-Woman since she's trained by Taskmaster.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

BANNED

Wasn't Gamora the only character in Marvel to be confirmed to know all existing forms of H2H combat in the universe? I am pretty sure i read that somewhere.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Wasn't Gamora the only character in Marvel to be confirmed to know all existing forms of H2H combat in the universe? I am pretty sure i read that somewhere.
    I recall reading something similar, although there's clearly hyperbole there, since I highly doubt that someone as relatively young as Gamora could have really encountered every living species in existence. Honestly, I don't think any being short of Eternity and Death could possibly be aware of every existing life form. But you're right that Gamora is often billed as one of the top 3-4 combatants in the known universe. I've really only seen her consistently matched by Maxam. But that was decades ago.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 02-13-2020 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    No Gamora doesn't
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Categ...orms_of_combat

Shang Chi, Wolverine and Taskmaster do, along with a few other C listers.

Karnak

Red Guardian

Written at her best, its Mantis. Hand to hand she's battled Thor and Thanos. She's got the best feats, with Gamora probably a close second.

No powers?

Shang Chi and Natasha.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Cap, it's been stated as such.

Moondragon

Mantis

Black Widow

3 of the best!