Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

unnamed.jpg

Always loved the look of these two.

I wouldn't mind if the costumes (source of power) were taken from them and given to two heroic characters like Poltergeist and Link.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Favouritest of ALL
    Storm by Paul Smith 01.jpg

Second Bestest
    Storm by Asrar 09.jpg

the Thirdest
    Storm by Asrar 06.jpg
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Im kind of a hardcore pro sleeve flared look for Mockingbird.

Beyond versions of the original look, I appreciate Lopez's modernization of it because he gave concession to the loose sleeves.

But props to Luciano Vecchio for his version of the most recent Mockingbird costume which I've never cared for...

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    1. T'Challa's Black Panther: Man Without Fear look:

I'm surprised this look never showed up in the actual comic, only to be used on the covers. Aside from the more classic stuff and MCU looks it's my favourite Black Panther costume. Sells him well as an African warrior king. The one thing I would get rid of are those awful looking kneeplates. Kinda like this

2. Silver Surfer:

Don't think his look has ever been reinvented, and why should it? Classic, iconic and simple silhouette, and immediately connotes power and otherworldly-ness (is that a word?) yet still looking human. Kinda like Norrin himself.

3. Nova:

I have no idea which era of Marvel this look comes from, and I've never read any Nova comics. Yet I absolutely adore this look. Looking through Rider's other costumes, this is the best I personally think he's looked.

Also if anyone could recommend some Nova comics I'd totally like that.

That version of Rich/Nova's costume comes from Annihilation (2007) and its been his main uniform pretty much ever since. If you want to find more about Nova- visit Nova Prime Page - you'll find everying you want there. If you want to read more abour Nova - you can read online The Origin of Richard Rider - then go from Annihilation, then the following Nova Vol.4 run.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Agreed. Classic is irreplaceable.
    However, throughout the years, Alex has gone through several updates.
    And out of all of them, my favorite would be...

Jeff Matsuda

This is a bit of a cheat since it's more of a character design than a costume but I am going to consider the silver "coating" as clothing.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/93/46/64/9...37981c201f.jpg
    Agreed. Even when becoming the (future) Protector of the Universe,
    those Quantum Bands couldn't ruin Norrin's radically cool look:

This costume is so good, it basically does not change. Or any change they make is only temporary.

http://www.rogueprincesssquadron.com...alan-davis.jpg
    Agree about the changes being temporary. But among those many changes, my favorite will always be...

Carlos Pacheco

Like the 70s version of Captain Britain's costume more than the updated one:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20130227005300

And you get a better feel for it with the statue.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/87/9e/cf/8...53f710f7ca.jpg
    Agreed. Alan Davis really made it look good (IMHO):

The classic Cloak&Dagger design has the strength of bold simplicity. It’s so versatile that even when the colors are “inverted” the characters’ looks still work.

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

I always loved the character designs for the Immortal Weapons, specifically The Price of Orphans aka the Green Mist of death and the Bride of 9 Spiders...

BFD787C6-A6D5-4E9A-934C-3FC506C1503A.jpg

AD7B0A9A-F620-44AA-9B83-0125EF73957D.jpg

...as for the love shown for the alternate Captain Britain costume, I don’t get it! I’ll chalk it up to different strokes and what not but I much prefer the helmeted version of Captain Britain!

56B9A53E-832B-4E51-BA07-46344CEF6DD7.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    2. Silver Surfer:

Don't think his look has ever been reinvented, and why should it? Classic, iconic and simple silhouette, and immediately connotes power and otherworldly-ness (is that a word?) yet still looking human. Kinda like Norrin himself.

Ughhh... can't agree with that one. I've always considered Silver Surfer to be the laziest most boring 'non-costume' I've ever seen. I'm not usually a fan of Kirby's art... but i almost always love his DESIGNS... but the Surfer? He looks exactly like a blank template I used for years to create costumes... just left blank.

There are some artists that can really go overboard making him look shiny... but his base design is just...non-existant.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

“Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post

All of these are GREAT, but that Jean Grey Phoenix is MAGNIFICENT!!

Critique for Marvel Cinematic Universe costumes.

Dead on with the criticism of all the looks clearly being from the same house style (no offense intended to Andy Park et al)

But...
    Captain America?
    Gamora?
    Last edited by Thirteen; 05-16-2020 at 04:17 PM.

On the MARVEL FAMILY front...
    I wish they’d gone with the natural hair instead of the wig but still the best for Monica Rambeau. No trenchcoat. Headband optional.
    I hate that the natural hair and trench coat became code for “Angry Black Woman”, if ever there was a character conceived to be the opposite, Twas Monica.

Again with the MARVEL FAMILY....

While my preference for gloves and boots is variable from long to short, I am steadfast with liking short to medium hair. and PLEASE no 3D Star of Hala.

Last edited by Thirteen; 05-20-2020 at 04:15 AM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    On the MARVEL FAMILY front...
    I wish they’d gone with the natural hair instead of the wig but still the best for Monica Rambeau. No trenchcoat. Headband optional.
    I hate that the natural hair and trench coat became code for “Angry Black Woman”, if ever there was a character conceived to be the opposite, Twas Monica.
    I want them to reverse course on Monica's depowering. I liked that she was a being of energy who could physically have any appearance that she wanted. I'm also not a fan of the trench coat. Not only is it a dated look, but it makes no sense to cover her up, essentially de-emphasizing the beauty of her natural figure. Speaking of which, Monica was created to be a healthy woman of color with curves, not a skinny European runway model. They need to put a little meat back on her bones. More Serena Williams, less Charlize Theron.