Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Dammit, Marvel, stop making interesting X-Men books! I need money for food!

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I hope they don't get mad at Logan if (when) he tries to gut Omega Red. He's a walking biological weapon in a place full or children and civilians. You can't let him in so freely w/o taking precautions.
    Look they let Sinister roam around free on an island with all different kinds of mutant DNA right for the picking. I doubt they really care about Omega Red

Percy read the issue where Punisher steamrolls Wolverine lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    Hope the book doesn't focus on X-Force too much or the not-so-distant past.
    I have not much problem with X-Force getting involve unless Percy changes his narrative from Logan to someone else.

The first few pages seemed like he was getting amnesic and it's almost like Return of Wolverine.

This is looking good, Percy got my interest with X-force

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Dammit, Marvel, stop making interesting X-Men books! I need money for food!
    Same. I finally thought I was going to quit. And HoX happens.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Percy seems to love killing mutants.

Looks amazing, Kubert really is one of the best Wolverine artists ever. Curious as to how/why Logan killed half of X-Force. Well QQ I suppose I can understand lol.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Fantastic Member

Andy Kubert back on Wolverine + 2020 digital colors is almost poetic!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Honestly I am having a little deja vu from Return of Wolverine after reading this preview. I hope I am wrong.
    You mean a good issue 1 that snowballs into a planet-sized ****-ball?

I hope not.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Look they let Sinister roam around free on an island with all different kinds of mutant DNA right for the picking. I doubt they really care about Omega Red
    Well he emitts poisonous spores and this is not conscious. They should at least give him some tech to contain it before letting him walk around the island.

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    I have not much problem with X-Force getting involve unless Percy changes his narrative from Logan to someone else.

The first few pages seemed like he was getting amnesic and it's almost like Return of Wolverine.
    It does reminds me of the beginning of Wolverine #98 especially with Logan awakening in the middle of a carnage where several of his friends are dead and believing he's the one who did it:

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Well he emitts poisonous spores and this is not conscious. They should at least give him some tech to contain it before letting him walk around the island.
    If I'm not mistaken, Omega Red's condition was stabilized in the Wolverine Origins series when he finally recovered the C-Synthesizer. After his resurrection in X-Men Gold, he had to feed on people's life force to stay alive at first until Magik was forced to stabilize his condition once and for all, I don't remember if he had any problem with his powers during the recent Weapon X series though especially when it comes to his death spores. I remember that he has been able to use them at will in the past.

With that said, when it comes to the relationship between the C-Synthesizer, the carbonadium's radioactivity inside Omega Red's body and his death factor, things have been really contradictory through the years to the point I'm not even sure what's true and false anymore lol.

What's more worrying about Omega Red is the fact that he's a damn psychopath and a serial killer who kidnapped and killed several young girls before being turned into a super-soldier. Thinking about it, I do wonder if Banshee will show up especially after what Percy said about Omega Red and what's going to be his role in this story.

The last time I read Omega Red on Weapon X, he was no different than Template or Selene, he just needed to absorb vital energy to survive.

And that in Krakoa is not a problem. If he is not accepted, it will be for other reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The last time I read Omega Red on Weapon X, he was no different than Template or Selene, he just needed to absorb vital energy to survive.

And that in Krakoa is not a problem. If he is not accepted, it will be for other reasons.
    It's been a while since I read this series, but didn't he absorb the life force of those prisoners just to get strong enough to escape? I thought the reason was because his body was infected with nanobots which made him weaker which is why he was forced to steal a lot of life force.
    Last edited by Hush; 02-13-2020 at 05:13 PM.

BANNED

The thing is that this type of concept has been written more than enough number of times and over the last few years it failed to achieve some decent story.

Wolverine #98 is really a good story but most of it's concept came after it's premise i.e Cyber. Wolverine was about to become another Apocalypse lab rat on 100th issue therefore it worked out pretty well during those times.

Return Of Wolverine did tried to do something similar but it failed because of the lack of originality and solid premise which could have easily be adaptated if HOW was more charcter driven story.

Now they are trying something similar AGAIN. I will not be surprised if it fails. I really hope I am wrong. I just didn't wanted to read this way again