Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
And isn't that entire attitude just...not good?

I'm white, so I really don't know how it feels to be a person of color who is faced with profound discrimination on a regular basis. And my comparing flatscan to the n-word was taking it a little far, but at the same time...

I'm a woman and how would you feel if I said that all men were awful, disgusting pigs who need to be treated with caution and general disdain?
Hmmm let’s see.

Woman says all men are pigs.

Men routinely stalk, murder, abuse, etc etc women.

Which one is worse to you? One is a simple way to address the patriarchy and sustained misogyny thru the inaction of many men. The other is a system that repeatedly crushes anyone who isn’t benefiting from the system. I’m not gonna rage out because someone said “all men are pigs” because that’s childish as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
Or, or. We're just calling out a shitty attitude?

I'm disabled mate; I've been privy to my own share of people calling me "retard" and worse in the most casual way. They said they meant well but I still said "Fuck you" because, yeah, it was shitty of them to do. They weren't just insulting me, they were insulting an entire group. The usage of the word carried negative connotations; it was always meant as an insult even as a joke. It was wrong just like this is.
Once again, the R slur isn’t comparable to “flatscan.” You’re taking a slur for marginalized groups and saying it’s comparable to this insult meant for privileged groups.