Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 440
  1. #91
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    529

    Default

    look krakoa has created their own Alpha primitives

  2. #92

    Default

    "Flatscans"

    Casual racism against an entire people with barely a reprimand; exactly the kind of attitudes I knew were just going to bud. Small town mentality. Glad I dropped this one.

  3. #93
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    look krakoa has created their own Alpha primitives
    That's not concerning.

    Also, those mutant kids basically using the n-word and nonone really cares.

  4. #94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    That's not concerning.

    Also, those mutant kids basically using the n-word and nonone really cares.
    Right? I remember when people were calling me crazy for reading this whole thing as a straight "Us vs Them" and how "No, of course mutants won't hate humans." But fuckin' look at that.

  5. #95
    Cosmic Sandwich Metal Sphere's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    look krakoa has created their own Alpha primitives
    Pfft, those are most definitely NOT Alpha primitives or analogs to them.

    Seriously though, this is fascinating: Seeing not cooperation, trust and understanding taught to young mutants but leverage and scheming taught as the way to secure peace. Also, it is eyebrow raising that we've gone from children using "human" to describe the residents of the outside world to "flatscans". It's interesting to see what sprouts from these seeds in the future.

  6. #96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    Pfft, those are most definitely NOT Alpha primitives or analogs to them.

    Seriously though, this is fascinating: Seeing not cooperation, trust and understanding taught to young mutants but leverage and scheming taught as the way to secure peace. Also, it is eyebrow raising that we've gone from children using "human" to describe the residents of the outside world to "flatscans". It's interesting to see what sprouts from these seeds in the future.
    Told ya so.

    I've seen these kinds of mentalities bud in real life; it's because, having never interacted with people of a different race/religion/ect they view others as sort of 'abstract'--yeah, these people exist, but they aren't here part of 'my' life and, thus, there's no empathy. There's no 'connection' as opposed to someone who, say, does have a friend or relative or is part of a differing group, if that makes sense? It's like a web; you have one friend who you see being hurt by something and, y'know, you become angry because you love 'em. That isn't happening here on Krakoa; humans are basically being painted as just this 'other' entity; it's free game for generalisations to foster.

    Basically; nothing good is gonna come from this. It's just gonna lead to more animosity, more wedges being driven between people, rinse and repeat.

  7. #97
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,072

    Default

    And again, sure, maybe Emma doesn't hate people. To Emma, everything is about leverage and how to play people. But the way she's presenting it all to these kids is that, yeah, it's Us vs Them and they are less than us.

    That is scary.

  8. #98
    Ultimate Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    12,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    That's not concerning.

    Also, those mutant kids basically using the n-word and nonone really cares.
    Y’all.....there are NO WORDS. From henceforth, I really can’t take anything y’all say seriously.

  9. #99
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Y’all.....there are NO WORDS. From henceforth, I really can’t take anything y’all say seriously.
    OK, it isn't exactly like the n-word, but close enough for comparison purposes.

  10. #100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    And again, sure, maybe Emma doesn't hate people. To Emma, everything is about leverage and how to play people. But the way she's presenting it all to these kids is that, yeah, it's Us vs Them and they are less than us.

    That is scary.
    Even more sickening when ya realise that she just isn't gonna be challenged on that attitude, thus has less reason to 'reprimand' anyone. Oh sure, there's the courteous "not a nice term" she gives but, like, that says it all; it's just her shrugging it off.

  11. #101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Y’all.....there are NO WORDS. From henceforth, I really can’t take anything y’all say seriously.
    'Kay, ditto.

  12. #102
    Ultimate Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    12,175

    Default

    It’s nothing like the n-word. It’s the equivalent of ‘cracker’.

    Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    'Kay, ditto.
    If you really don’t see the problem with what they jsut said, y’all really need to... idk have more black people in your life? Learn what racial slurs are and what make them so powerful?

  13. #103
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,072

    Default

    I mean, I get that we all wanted Krakoa to br great, but come on here, people, this isn't right. How can anyone of you still believe that this is gonna end well?

  14. #104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    It’s nothing like the n-word. It’s the equivalent of ‘cracker’.
    Regardless; it's the attitude we see being fostered here. Just blatant insulting of an entire people.

  15. #105
    Ultimate Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    12,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Regardless; it's the attitude we see being fostered here. Just blatant insulting of an entire people.
    I don’t care. It’s in no way comparable to the n word.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •