Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    The latest X-Force has a great deal of nuance. Did you check it out? Domino shined in it.

She's watching guard over a human woman speaking about her theories as a mutant sympathizer. She's doing this because humans that support mutants are being killed. She and Sage work to track down the assassin and not a single mutant was killed in the issue. It was 100% about protecting humans.
    Almost makes me sorry I dropped all the books after #6 of that issue and X-Men/FF #1. I'll cautiously check it out, but I won't buy as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    and shield and strike and by data pages funded by most of human goverments.
    What I'm curious about is how the City hasn't been detected yet. Or are other humans turning a blind eye?
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    Yeah, ex-SHIELD and ex-Strike folks. Let's not forget Hammer, or that the organization is overwhelmingly comprised of AIM members. Ferro, you're not going to like where Hickman is going to take the X-Men if this is your reaction to little scenes like this. If you've read his Fantastic Four or Avengers you'd know his runs are not for people who are too attached to teams and characters as clean, wholesome, and righteous.
    thats fine, but false equivalencies and people talking about subject they so clearly have no idea about are what makes me react like this.
    and "reacting to little scens like this" is adorable since I wasnt the one to twist a conversation into "omg mutants are totaly evil and opressors now, turn the lights off its OVER"
    like bruh, make sense before patronizing me

What I'm curious about is how the City hasn't been detected yet. Or are other humans turning a blind eye?
    I don't even know how that's possible, since Orchis managed to capture Serafina. It's possible they know something.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Almost makes me sorry I dropped all the books after #6 of that issue and X-Men/FF #1. I'll cautiously check it out, but I won't buy as of yet.
    ah so you're speaking about stuff you arent informed about or even reading...

Oh no!!! Kitty is actually dead? Wow. I still don't know why she can't be resurrected. It's up to the 5 to do it, not Krakoa. Or am I mistaken? Idk.

I really am hoping for some more Christian/Bobby in this issue. Or at least some more Bobby. Need more.

At this point they look bigger than Hydra, i dont understand how nobody is talking about them.

Marvel is going to keep them as X-Men villains and we will have to eat it, because there is no explanation.

BANNED

ah so you're speaking about stuff you arent informed about or even reading...
    I commented on a preview I saw. I stopped reading recently. Trust me, I'm informed.

I don't even know how that's possible, since Orchis managed to capture Serafina. It's possible they know something.
    I think there's going to be some surprising reveals about who is funding this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    At this point they look bigger than Hydra, i dont understand how nobody is talking about them.

Marvel is going to keep them as X-Men villains and we will have to eat it, because there is no explanation.
    Right, they've become massive and they were rounding up/experimenting on mutant children as well. Someone knows something!

thats fine, but false equivalencies and people talking about subject they so clearly have no idea about are what makes me react like this.
    and reacting to scenes like this is adorable since I wasnt the one to twist a conversation into "omg mutants are totaly evil and opressors now, turn the lights off its OVER"
    like bruh, make sense before patronizing me
    You're wildly swinging from extremes and putting forth bad faith arguments. Pointing out a mutant child is dropping slurs and how that leads to bad places (because that's actually how it works in the real world) it not a controversial statement. It was written into the story intentionally, editorial approved it, and is likely a narrative thread going forward. I do mean what I say about Hickman's runs. They are not for everyone, he takes pleasure in stabbing into people's favorite franchises and twisting that knife. It makes for great reading, though. This stuff with Destiny and Mystique, for example, is intense.

BANNED

The latest X-Force has a great deal of nuance. Did you check it out? Domino shined in it.

She's watching guard over a human woman speaking about her theories as a mutant sympathizer. She's doing this because humans that support mutants are being killed. She and Sage work to track down the assassin and not a single mutant was killed in the issue. It was 100% about protecting humans.
    Though it's good to see allies in the spotlight for once, I still don't get this blind nationalism to Krakoa. Unfortunately that really did hamper the issues being handled here and Domino's still a little too close to the throes of her trauma for me to be able to discern whether she does see humans individually anymore, or if that protection was just 'for Krakoa.' As in, government obligation. It still really doesn't tackle the individualism here.

BANNED

You're wildly swinging from extremes and putting forth bad faith arguments. Pointing out a mutant child is dropping slurs and how that leads to bad places (because that's actually how it works in the real world) it not a controversial statement. It was written into the story intentionally, editorial approved it, and is likely a narrative thread going forward. I do mean what I say about Hickman's runs. They are not for everyone, he takes pleasure in stabbing into people's favorite franchises and twisting that knife. It makes for great reading, though. This stuff with Destiny and Mystique, for example, is intense.
    first: your real world needs a history lesson cause that is absolutly not how it goes.
    second : this is duggan, so its even less valuable this whole argument bringing up hickman
    Last edited by Ferro; 02-13-2020 at 07:45 PM.

Though it's good to see allies in the spotlight for once, I still don't get this blind nationalism to Krakoa. Unfortunately that really did hamper the issues being handled here and Domino's still a little too close to the throes of her trauma for me to be able to discern whether she does see humans individually anymore, or if that protection was just 'for Krakoa.' As in, government obligation.
    I think in the end, certain characters are heroes no matter what. Dom wouldn't just walk away if someone was in danger. I'm confident Emma wouldn't either.

Christian? I don't know her yet!

BANNED

I think in the end, certain characters are heroes no matter what. Dom wouldn't just walk away if someone was in danger. I'm confident Emma wouldn't either.

Christian? I don't know her yet!
    But as someone's said before (to paraphrase) "Mutants are acting different because they're in a different situation"--and Domino has been severely traumatised. Though political obligation might be enough for her to jump in to save someone when it suits, I'm honestly not sure if she would be inclined to reach out to save someone, or human to be specific, because she feels it's right, not now. Not with the attitudes I'm seeing being perpetuated in this scan, for example. Even Storm seems harsher towards humanity as a whole. Emma...I don't see her sticking her neck out for anyone if it didn't benefit her. But she's a different conversation altogether.

Basically: I wouldn't be shocked if Domino did just stop actively saving people in the same vein as she did in her solo with Diamondback and Outlaw. ( I miss them.)

But as someone's said before (to paraphrase) "Mutants are acting different because they're in a different situation"--and Domino has been severely traumatised. Though political obligation might be enough for her to jump in to save someone when it suits, I'm honestly not sure if she would be inclined to reach out to save someone, or human to be specific, because she feels it's right, not now. Not with the attitudes I'm seeing being perpetuated in this scan, for example. Even Storm seems harsher towards humanity as a whole. Emma...I don't see her sticking her neck out for anyone if it didn't benefit her. But she's a different conversation altogether.

Basically: I wouldn't be shocked if Domino did just stop actively saving people in the same vein as she did in her solo with Diamondback and Outlaw. ( I miss them.)
    I would hope she would be a hero just to be a hero. Here, we have someone wanting to kill humans that are sympathetic to mutants with the end goal being a world where mutants have no allies and are alone. That sucks.