Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    OMG no wonder they were dancing for weeks!

Haha he's a freak. Apparently it's been heavily implied that they had a relationship.
    I dunno, I've seen a looooooooooooooooooooooot of pedo jokes about Sinister, at least in regards to the Summers family. Run for your lives, children!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Who is the data page person?
    He works for intelligence it seems and has been writing letters to his superiors I guess. They've been surveilling the Marauders, watching them in the ocean, hacking their phones, etc. With each letter he softens his attitude towards mutants as he sees they're helping the world. His mother was dying of illness but started healing thanks to Krakoan medicine and he's thankful.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I dunno, I've seen a looooooooooooooooooooooot of pedo jokes about Sinister, at least in regards to the Summers family. Run for your lives, children!
    I honestly forgot who it was (sorry out there!) but they posted a bunch of evidence to support this and it was kinda compelling to me. There's a panel of the council at one point and the two of them are speaking privately off to the side. It has a tense air to it. I'll see if I can find the post.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    What am I simplifying? The kids aren’t treating themselves and lesser or bigger than humans, but using a hurtful label of a group more privileged than you.
    I have something obvious (or not so obvious) I can say about this but I won't...
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 02-16-2020 at 12:15 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I appreciate how Emma casually says "Not a nice term" when the child uses the word "flatscan"...then She goes on to emphasise "For human Consumption".
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I appreciate how Emma casually says "Not a nice term" when the child uses the word "flatscan"...then She goes on to emphasise "For human Consumption".
    I had teachers with presence similar to Emma's and whenever they'd say things like, "that wasn't very nice", I was embarrassed and it got me together real quick.

BANNED

We can agree to disagree because I didn't see it as ambiguous since Rictor said he helped him. One's definition of redemption may be different than another's and you're of course entitled to your definition. But you're expecting continued effort and I don't think that's necessary. He's working to prevent the demon horde of Arakko from breaking through the seal and if they do, he's putting things in place as defense.

What would you prefer the mutants do with •-[A]-•? Beat him over the head for the next 12 months as payback for the people he hurt? Should they make him apologize to each of these people on bended knee and do their laundry for a week? Have 24 hour guards surrounding him when he poops? At some point if mutants believe this nation is going to work, they have to take a leap of faith. Will it come back to bite them? Maybe. Should they sit and wonder about it all day for eternity? Or try to move forward? Personally, I don't need apologies or redemption from people that have hurt me in life. I keep it moving. Keeping my gaze in the rearview is only going to delay my journey.

BONUS: The mutants trust Charles and Erik (for the most part). And we know that Charles and Erik know what happened in Moira's lives. Let us remember that •-[A]-• is the reason mutants have made it this far in life 10. He fought humans for thousands of years and kept Moira from dying for all of that time. Long enough so they could learn that Nimrod is the event that leads to extinction. He even battled Nimrod head-on to give Logan the time he needed to give Moira the information and kill her. Without •-[A]-•, they wouldn't have the knowledge they have now.
    Yeah, ya know what? He should have to do more than serve his own self interests, even under the guise of ‘for Krakoa.’ He should have to go and apologise to everyone, he should have to do much more public, charitable—organising education, taking part in benefits for mutants who don’t want to go to Krakoa, outreach programs, therapy programs, all the hoops that we’d expect any other hero to jump through at large. Not just do exactly one self-serving thing and then be considered ‘redeemed’ to the point where other characters shame, ridicule and disparage any victim of his who still does not forgive him.

And ya know what? This is all really fucking hypocritical. Mutants aren’t expected to forgive or work with individual humans for their own possible benefit, expected to alienate and ‘other’ their friends, but mutants who have harmed them get a free pass. This fandom is absolutely ridiculous.

BANNED

I had teachers with presence similar to Emma's and whenever they'd say things like, "that wasn't very nice", I was embarrassed and it got me together real quick.
    You were a nice kid. Other kids I saw in that situation would ‘snort’ and go on to make fun of said teacher ‘till the end of eternity behind their backs.

BANNED

In that same condescending way of her’s, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    In that same condescending way of her’s, of course.
    Enh. If you say so...I read it differently.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The feeling of superiority is deeply ingrained in Emma. But she knows her manners…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

There’s no point to any discussion, really. It’s running in circles and repeatedly having to explain the same concepts of privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I have something obvious (or not so obvious) I can say about this but I won't...
    Say it or keep it on the playground.

You were a nice kid. Other kids I saw in that situation would ‘snort’ and go on to make fun of said teacher ‘till the end of eternity behind their backs.
    Not easy to do with a telepathic teacher hahaha she'd TP slap them

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    There’s no point to any discussion, really. It’s running in circles and repeatedly having to explain the same concepts of privilege.
    Oh, I know. And I won't usually engage but I just wanted to point out that there is more than one way to read what's on the page, (that has nothing to do with one's own personal experience bleeding into EVERYthing).

Yeah, ya know what? He should have to do more than serve his own self interests, even under the guise of ‘for Krakoa.’ He should have to go and apologise to everyone, he should have to do much more public, charitable—organising education, taking part in benefits for mutants who don’t want to go to Krakoa, outreach programs, therapy programs, all the hoops that we’d expect any other hero to jump through at large. Not just do exactly one self-serving thing and then be considered ‘redeemed’ to the point where other characters shame, ridicule and disparage any victim of his who still does not forgive him.

And ya know what? This is all really fucking hypocritical. Mutants aren’t expected to forgive or work with individual humans for their own possible benefit, expected to alienate and ‘other’ their friends, but mutants who have harmed them get a free pass. This fandom is absolutely ridiculous.
    Ultimately it’s each reader’s interpretation and that’s cool with me, that’s why I think it’s best we agree to disagree.

But as of right now, mutant babies are still being rounded up and tortured, and cities are being built for murder. And as of right now we haven’t seen any movement to cull humans. Let’s see how the glorious story unfolds.
    Last edited by JB; 02-16-2020 at 09:39 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Not easy to do with a telepathic teacher hahaha she'd TP slap them
    Indeed ,Emma's correction of that child may have been quite gentle but who knows what sort of telepathic sting may have gone with it.