Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    So someone a child said something in character and after that we get "are mutants all evil now" that has more or less taken over this thread is not something a little more? agree to disagree than.

But we agree on the "grey, eye-brow raising" stuff. I want more of that^^
    This "grey, eye-brow raising" stuff sounds rather artificial to me and something similar to the "buzz" in the media: provocative and devoid of any meaning.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Was there not a comment from Emma actually lumping human and mutant men together in Marauders?

What if Emma helped Mystique ressurect Irene
    Emma lumped all men of power together. And Shaw's reasoning for why he should have a bigger seat at the table is because he believes that the humans in power would find it easier to work with him, a male, than a woman like Emma. Now, if Emma has actually been betrayed by her own brother, that is going to set things off. And if Emma sees two men holding their power over two women when Krakoa was supposed to be better than that, well, why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    But that is something that we, the readers, know, not the rest.

Publicly what everyone has done is:
    Apocalypse has helped stabilize the powers of Rictor and Rogue and has expanded Krakoa.

Sinister has helped create the mutant resurrection protocol, got Mojo to give television in Krakoa and helped the Fallen Angels to save humans.

Shaw, Exodus and Mystique have done nothing publicly, neither bad nor good.
    My point is more in regards to fans who are ignoring this.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Hopefully it’s just a mis-altercation with storm mad at Emma for influencing to take that seat, wrapping up quickly with them figuring it’s Shaw and targeting him.
    This is what I'm hoping for cause if Mama and Storm get into a brawl there's gotta be a winner. If Mama wins Storm fans will be upset and if Storm defeats Mama again us Frostbites will be annoyed. So I rather they have a good shouting match before Mama puts two and two together and tells Storm that Shaw was the one behind Kate's death
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    This "grey, eye-brow raising" stuff sounds rather artificial to me and something similar to the "buzz" in the media: provocative and devoid of any meaning.
    I call it realistic if something like this happened. If they had just made Karakoa an utopia with no wrong I would not really like this run. So we have a new player on the field, that uses leverage to get what it wants. Not that this has never happened before^^.
    Plus we have more than one possible thing that can end Krakoa in the inner circle. People like Shaw Apocalypse and Mystique who will as we have already seen, put their plans in motion. Hope Xavier has a plan to put a stop to that. Moira is also on that list and Xavier perhaps trusting her would make Krakoa vulnerable against her.

And we have not even talked about people outside of Krakoa^^

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    I call it realistic if something like this happened. If they had just made Karakoa an utopia with no wrong I would not really like this run. So we have a new player on the field, that uses leverage to get what it wants. Not that this has never happened before^^.
    Plus we have more than one possible thing that can end Krakoa in the inner circle. People like Shaw Apocalypse and Mystique who will as we have already seen, put their plans in motion. Hope Xavier has a plan to put a stop to that. Moira is also on that list and Xavier perhaps trusting her would make Krakoa vulnerable against her.

And we have not even talked about people outside of Krakoa^^
    But most of the readers talk about the big players, it's like the rest of Krakoans are what? bystanders? soldiers? Have they any theory about Krakoa is functioning, about everything is leading?
    Most of Krakoans are peaceful civilians, certainly but the X-men were tougher and louder.

After Genosha, after Utopia, they should have many questions to ask, not just thoughts to utter mezzo-vocce? I find them rather passive. So it's the radical stuff that it's heard. It's the lack of different voices that I find unrealistic. If some people were used to be in grey areas like Emma and Magneto, it's not the case of everyone.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Was there not a comment from Emma actually lumping human and mutant men together in Marauders?

What if Emma helped Mystique ressurect Irene
    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    But that is something that we, the readers, know, not the rest.

Publicly what everyone has done is:
    Apocalypse has helped stabilize the powers of Rictor and Rogue and has expanded Krakoa.

Sinister has helped create the mutant resurrection protocol, got Mojo to give television in Krakoa and helped the Fallen Angels to save humans.

Shaw, Exodus and Mystique have done nothing publicly, neither bad nor good.
    But most of the readers talk about the big players, it's like the rest of Krakoans are what? bystanders? soldiers? Have they any theory about Krakoa is functioning, about everything is leading?
    Most of Krakoans are peaceful civilians, certainly but the X-men were tougher and louder.

After Genosha, after Utopia, they should have many questions to ask, not just thoughts to utter mezzo-vocce? I find them rather passive. So it's the radical stuff that it's heard. It's the lack of different voices that I find unrealistic. If some people were used to be in grey areas like Emma and Magneto, it's not the case of everyone.
    Isn't this sort of a common Hickman problem, though? He sort of turns everyone outside of his cast into bystanders who don't or can't do anything.

That's called the Marvel Universe. Do we ever see what the civilians of New York do before Galactus steps on them? No, we mainly see the big players.

Also, this is a new status quo. Give it time to see the smaller players. Like, we already saw the Morlocks living far from Krakoa and we'll probably see more of them through Callisto. This is just issue number 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    That's called the Marvel Universe. Do we ever see what the civilians of New York do before Galactus steps on them? No, we mainly see the big players.

Also, this is a new status quo. Give it time to see the smaller players. Like, we already saw the Morlocks living far from Krakoa and we'll probably see more of them through Callisto. This is just issue number 8.
    The civilians of New York, the civilians of Krakoa… but the X-men? Now, the Yes-men?

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Not really, its not a comic about about random Krakoan mutant #257, its about the X-Men. We don't need to see the nuts and bolts of how Krakoa works because its a comic book and not a sociological dissertation. Also why would random mutants question the Krakoan leadership over Genosha or Utopia, those aren't going to be viewed as the negative examples you think they are. You're ignoring the "Magneto was right", "Cyclops was right" and Ghosts of Cyclops, in comic movements. In comic, in the greater mutant population, both Genosha and Utopia had a lot of support even after they fell because the greater MU was simply that hostile of a place to mutants. Your argument might work better if it wasn't continually shown how terrible the world continually is to mutants.

To the majority of unnamed Marvel mutants those were legitimate attempts to save and protect them from the extraordinarily hostile MU. Critics keep forgetting or ignoring that the MU default for the mutants for the past few decades has been a people under siege and the logical reaction is to band together and fort up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Isn't this sort of a common Hickman problem, though? He sort of turns everyone outside of his cast into bystanders who don't or can't do anything.
    No thats a comic problem, you have very limited real estate to work with in the page count in a comic and Hickman works in large casts better than most.
    Last edited by Kisinith; 02-15-2020 at 08:41 AM.

The civilians of New York, the civilians of Krakoa… but the X-men? Now, the Yes-men?
    Except for Apocalypse and Sinister working with them (and we've seen people not happy about it like Gambit and Wolverine) I don't understand why the X-Men would not be happy about this new status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Except for Apocalypse and Sinister working with them (and we've seen people not happy about it like Gambit and Wolverine) I don't understand why the X-Men would not be happy about this new status quo.
    Honestly I think its because the critics aren't happy and want in comic validation of their feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post

No thats a comic problem, you have very limited real estate to work with in the page count in a comic and Hickman works in large casts better than most.
    It is more of Hickman style than anything else. It's not like Hickman is lacking comic book pages to tell his story, he is doing lots of worldbuilding. he just doesn't care about the little guy on his stories

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It is more of Hickman style than anything else. It's not like Hickman is lacking comic book pages to tell his story, he is doing lots of worldbuilding. he just doesn't care about the little guy on his stories
    Really? Batman spends pages showing us ordinary Gotham citizens? Aquaman/Namor gets us into the minds of regular Atlantians? We see the ordinary Wakandan citizens waxing philosophical on their Superhero Monarch? Or Hulk does? or the Avengers do? Outside of Spider-Man how many super-hero comics actually spend any significant time on the little guy?

Its also not true either, we have had noncombat/nonregular characters who have shown us what the little guy thinks about Krakoa. The little girl with Jean in HoX #1, The constant celebrations on Krakoa, Beak and his family in New Mutants, the Russian and Brazilian mutants rescued in Marauders. Fact is we've had lots of views on the little guys in Krakoa but it doesn't fit into the narrative you so its being discounted or ignored.

Why oh why don't they show us mutants protesting Krakoa? Because for any of its real faults, its still worlds better than any other alternative in the MU.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    Really? Batman spends pages showing us ordinary Gotham citizens? Aquaman/Namor gets us into the minds of regular Atlantians? We see the ordinary Wakandan citizens waxing philosophical on their Superhero Monarch? Or Hulk does? or the Avengers do? Outside of Spider-Man how many super-hero comics actually spend any significant time on the little guy?

Its also not true either, we have had noncombat/nonregular characters who have shown us what the little guy thinks about Krakoa. The little girl with Jean in HoX #1, The constant celebrations on Krakoa, Beak and his family in New Mutants, the Russian and Brazilian mutants rescued in Marauders. Fact is we've had lots of views on the little guys in Krakoa but it doesn't fit into the narrative you so its being discounted or ignored.

Why oh why don't they show us mutants protesting Krakoa? Because for any of its real faults, its still worlds better than any other alternative in the MU.
    Some batman issues get into common people problems. At least when I read it on new 52. Stephanie Brown and duke all came from ordinary working class

It doesn't need to be deep into common people problems, but we need to see more of it to feel more real.

majority of these that you talk, we barely saw them on Krakoa

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Some batman issues get into common people problems. At least when I read it on new 52. Stephanie Brown and duke all came from ordinary working class

It doesn't need to be deep into common people problems, but we need to see more of it to feel more real.

majority of these that you talk, we barely saw them on Krakoa
    Some Batman issues... right. Ordinary working class backgrounds...