Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    Honestly I think its because the critics aren't happy and want in comic validation of their feelings.
    Yeah this happening a lot ,The line has never been about the dissenting opinion or mistrust in the leadership,Why would they start now? If we didn't get X-men story complaining how stupid it was to put the school in limbo or in central park,Why is this status quo any different others.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-15-2020 at 10:35 AM.

Spectacular Member

The fact is that we do indeed see the "ordinary mutants on the street" .This very preview shows a group of kids being shown around. We've seen parties, we've seen Magneto greater by cheering crowds and we've seen mass celebrations at the resurrections.
    And why wouldn't these people be happy? As was said above mutants in the MU have never had it so good.Do we really think they miss being abused, spat at, tortured , murdered ? (I suppose if they really miss the torture, Sinister would oblige )
    As to the X Men themselves ,well just look back at what they endured over the last 10 to 20 years. I think they might give anyone benefit of the doubt, just for a little rest .

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel909 View Post
    The fact is that we do indeed see the "ordinary mutants on the street" .This very preview shows a group of kids being shown around. We've seen parties, we've seen Magneto greater by cheering crowds and we've seen mass celebrations at the resurrections.
    And why wouldn't these people be happy? As was said above mutants in the MU have never had it so good.Do we really think they miss being abused, spat at, tortured , murdered ? (I suppose if they really miss the torture, Sinister would oblige )
    As to the X Men themselves ,well just look back at what they endured over the last 10 to 20 years. I think they might give anyone benefit of the doubt, just for a little rest .
    Agreed. And it seems we'll be seeing some businesses on the island soon, according to Jordan.

I think the appearance of "passive"ness has to do with the island being recognized by the majority of the United Nations, with bonafide trade agreements. I'm sure many mutants feel happy and confident with this brand new development. They feel legitimate now and not just unlucky freaks living among normal people.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Yeah this happening a lot ,The line has never been about the dissenting opinion or mistrust in the leadership,Why would they start now? If we didn't get X-men story complaining how stupid it was to put the school in limbo or in central park,Why is this status quo any different others.
    We’ve had it in story though; we’ve had Storm questions Cyclops about the move to the outback, Wolverine questioning anyone and everyone—Beast disagreeing with Cyclops. We’ve had differing opinions before, why not now? Why do -all- of these characters view this as a good idea as opposed to any other attempt, like Genosha or Utopia?

And for a fully immersive experience; why shouldn’t we, as readers, have a right to question that if we doubt that the characters would ordinarily question things anyway? What’s the big problem with this?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel909 View Post
    Gross generalisation there.

A lot of us simply don’t believe that this kind of storyline can be so easily split up into ‘us vs them’, or that there needed to be a more organic bridge in the arrival of this newfound, unquestioning unity out of nowhere. We need to see t he ins and outs of character chemistry which, in Excalibur for example, feels unbalanced. Everyone except Remy trusts Apocalypse...because.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    We need to see t he ins and outs of character chemistry which, in Excalibur for example, feels unbalanced. Everyone except Remy trusts Apocalypse...because.
    He did help Rictor and Rogue with their powers. I like what Logan says in Wolverine: "But as someone who's done terrible things... and moved past them... I suppose I gotta trust the same is possible for everybody else... or not". Some may not agree with it but the mutants seem to want to give this a chance.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    He did help Rictor and Rogue with their powers. I like what Logan says in Wolverine: "But as someone who's done terrible things... and moved past them... I suppose I gotta trust the same is possible for everybody else... or not". Some may not agree with it but the mutants seem to want to give this a chance.
    Giving it a chance, yes; but amnesty and a symbolical erasure of past sins does not either automatically change a character’s nature, nor expect characters who have been previously hurt or traumatised by them to be expected to forgive them.

Even Logan had to go to hell and back to prove himself; one ambiguous panel of Apocalypse supposedly helping Rictor does not redemption make. Where’s the continued effort that most readers here expect of humans to give to mutants? The hoops they’re expected to leap through?

Giving it a chance, yes; but amnesty and a symbolical erasure of past sins does not either automatically change a character’s nature, nor expect characters who have been previously hurt or traumatised by them to be expected to forgive them.

Even Logan had to go to hell and back to prove himself; one ambiguous panel of Apocalypse supposedly helping Rictor does not redemption make. Where’s the continued effort that most readers here expect of humans to give to mutants? The hoops they’re expected to leap through?
    We can agree to disagree because I didn't see it as ambiguous since Rictor said he helped him. One's definition of redemption may be different than another's and you're of course entitled to your definition. But you're expecting continued effort and I don't think that's necessary. He's working to prevent the demon horde of Arakko from breaking through the seal and if they do, he's putting things in place as defense.

What would you prefer the mutants do with •-[A]-•? Beat him over the head for the next 12 months as payback for the people he hurt? Should they make him apologize to each of these people on bended knee and do their laundry for a week? Have 24 hour guards surrounding him when he poops? At some point if mutants believe this nation is going to work, they have to take a leap of faith. Will it come back to bite them? Maybe. Should they sit and wonder about it all day for eternity? Or try to move forward? Personally, I don't need apologies or redemption from people that have hurt me in life. I keep it moving. Keeping my gaze in the rearview is only going to delay my journey.

BONUS: The mutants trust Charles and Erik (for the most part). And we know that Charles and Erik know what happened in Moira's lives. Let us remember that •-[A]-• is the reason mutants have made it this far in life 10. He fought humans for thousands of years and kept Moira from dying for all of that time. Long enough so they could learn that Nimrod is the event that leads to extinction. He even battled Nimrod head-on to give Logan the time he needed to give Moira the information and kill her. Without •-[A]-•, they wouldn't have the knowledge they have now.
    Last edited by JB; 02-15-2020 at 12:38 PM.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Except there hasn't been a symbolic erasure of past sins.

Storm dislikes and distrusts Emma. Gambit and Jubilee (and maybe Rogue) dislike and distrust Apocalypse. Wolverine has expressed doubts about the course of action and clearly is set to have problems with Omega Red. Nobody likes or trusts Shaw. Mystique is kept on a short leash. Sinister is being closely watched to make sure he isn't breaking rules. Some of the Morlocks don't trust any of the "pretty" mutants. Its hardly a situation where everyone is holding hands and all one big happy family. The upcoming Hellions book is all about this.

There has been a general amnesty, yes. However, the past hasn't been forgotten, they are "trying" to work together. Not because they like each other but because they each have been convinced for whatever reasons that its in their (individual or as a people) best interests. Its a situation like China had in WW2, bitter enemies (the communists and nationalists) who stopped their civil war and worked together in the face of a greater threat, the Japanese.

I hope they end up making Shaw stepping down as Black King (lets be mild....) and Selene sitting in the Council as the New Black Queen.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    Except there hasn't been a symbolic erasure of past sins.

Storm dislikes and distrusts Emma. Gambit and Jubilee (and maybe Rogue) dislike and distrust Apocalypse. Wolverine has expressed doubts about the course of action and clearly is set to have problems with Omega Red. Nobody likes or trusts Shaw. Mystique is kept on a short leash. Sinister is being closely watched to make sure he isn't breaking rules. Some of the Morlocks don't trust any of the "pretty" mutants. Its hardly a situation where everyone is holding hands and all one big happy family. The upcoming Hellions book is all about this.
    Exodus is looking like the ultimate darling at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    I hope they end up making Shaw stepping down as Black King (lets be mild....) and Selene sitting in the Council as the New Black Queen.
    That would be a lot of fun. I wonder if Emma would take over the black market if they toss Shaw or if his replacement would need the same credentials as him.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    Selene is more concern about power than money. I doubt she like dealing with the black market. She will delegate the work to someone else and end up using their profits to fund her white supremacist cult. I wonder what’s the quiet council’s opinion on mutants collaborating with human terrorist organizations like Hydra? Will it be tolerate or frowned upon?

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I also would like to see more of Selene in general especially Hickman´s take on her, so far she seems to be just there helping to feed Krakoa but I doubt that would be enough to keep her mind occupied, she´s a sorcerer mutant with magical habilities who has lived thoundsand of years, had her own cult and was worshiped as a godness, I think the life at Krakoa would bore her quite guickly unless she finds something else to do like Apocalypse is doing in otherworld.

I personally would like to see her interact with the Quiet Council with Apocalypse given their similar experiences and with Magneto given they have not interacted since their Hellfire Club days back in the 80´s.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I also would like to see more of Selene in general especially Hickman´s take on her, so far she seems to be just there helping to feed Krakoa but I doubt that would be enough to keep her mind occupied, she´s a sorcerer mutant with magical habilities who has lived thoundsand of years, had her own cult and was worshiped as a godness, I think the life at Krakoa would bore her quite guickly unless she finds something else to do like Apocalypse is doing in otherworld.

I personally would like to see her interact with the Quiet Council with Apocalypse given their similar experiences and with Magneto given they have not interacted since their Hellfire Club days back in the 80´s.
    Apocalypse and Selene need to interact with this mutant magic stuff. It's a shame that Tini is trying to forge mutant magic and she's ignoring Miss Gallio, Illyana and Pixie. Selene would give Apocalypse an epic magic lesson.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

She so would give him a run for his money, there´s still a debate over who´s older, her or Apocalypse and in magic I assume she quite knows a little more than him.

Yes, between her, Apocalypse, Illyana and Pixie living on the same place of course they are making Dr Strange magical sense react to all the stuff they must be doing now If we could see a little more of what they are doing that would be nice. At this point I would like to see Selene motivations be explored after all she came to Krakoa on her own volition, what made her make that decision? what does she see in Krakoa that´s making her make an alliance with the X-men and also this happened before or after her actions in Captain America? or it´s something currently happening?
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022