Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Who is this figure looking at Kate's body?
    Bishop. He's in some sort of a costume or uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    "slightest negative observation " it is a Little more than that, isn't it? And the same could be said About "some fans" on the other side of the discussion.

It is not like any side here is the "good" one. But that after decades of getting killed not just by racist lunatics but the goverments mutants had enough and wanted equal Footing should not really be a dicussion.

And Hickmann avoided the greatest pitfall of this showing mutants as Saints that can do no wrong. Being a more realistic or as i wrote Grey Version of stuff like this is in my opinion one of the Things that makes Hickmanns run already great.
    No, it isn't a little more than that. It is what was presented on the page, an observation was made. It's the reaction to that observation that was outsized, disrespectful, and intended to silence. Hell, I actually like the grey, eye-brow raising stuff. It keeps the books interesting, adds life to the world beyond the teams, and generally elevates capebooks above the traditional norm. Seeing Krakoa range from wetworks teams like X-Force to Emma and Christian touring the kids through their facilities, to Forge participating in a multinational tech race in Marvel Voices. That's how its done, the many facets of the nation. It's good worldbuilding.

I am so positively ravenous for this issue. Next week is gonna be INSANE. Hearing that Emma's heart is racing made mine start!

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Hey look at that, not only are they farming in the Savage Land, they are also farming on Mars

I wonder if that's going to shut up the Krakoa-haters or will they find something new to complain about?
    What exactly is the correlation between where they farm and shutting up those who don’t like Krakoa exactly? Hell in the same breath as that, we see another example of children drinking the racial superiority Kool-Aid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    What exactly is the correlation between where they farm and shutting up those who don’t like Krakoa exactly? Hell in the same breath as that, we see another example of children drinking the racial superiority Kool-Aid.
    There was talk of colonialism when we found out they were farming in the Savage Land.

And yes, something new to complain about was indeed found

I wonder if we'll see Emma diamond-up to avoid losing her ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I wonder if we'll see Emma diamond-up to avoid losing her ****.
    I've always liked the "diamond-up to avoid strong emotions" thing. I also wonder if her powers work on Christian and if she'll question him about Kitty.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I've always liked the "diamond-up to avoid strong emotions" thing. I also wonder if her powers work on Christian and if she'll question him about Kitty.
    It would be a great moment -- seeing her "harden" in the next panel while addressing the children/Christian. Doubly so if Christian recognizes WHY she would do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    It would be a great moment -- seeing her "harden" in the next panel while addressing the children/Christian. Doubly so if Christian recognizes WHY she would do that.
    Even though I'm still doubtful about Christian real involvement, if he was aware of Kate he deserves a diamond slap.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Even though I'm still doubtful about Christian real involvement, if he was aware of Kate he deserves a diamond slap.
    1,000 %

Followed by an ICE punting into the sea.

Spectacular Member

It would be pretty odd if the Resurrection process didn't work on Kate. Other than being physically located within Krakoa there doesn't seem to be any implied connection between the Five's process and the Island itself, and surely if there had been any problem with Cerebro scanning and downloading Kate's mind Xavier would have picked up on it long ago?

All of which makes Shaw's Bwaaa-Ha-Ha moment ("Let me tell you how I outsmarted you before I kill you, oh simpleton foe of mine!") a perplexingly stupid thing to do, given that the main selling point of modern-day mutantkind is the Respawn Mode and he has no actual guarantee that he won't soon be standing in front of the Quiet Council with a very pissed-off Red Queen and eleven faces wearing expressions that range from "Couldn't give a monkey's, mate" to "Prepare to burn, you bastard." What was he banking on? That Kate's body wouldn't be found for a long time so the Resurrection Protocol wouldn't be triggered until.... what? How was he going to get out of the deep well of unmentionable that murdering a fellow mutant (and a beloved former leader of the X-Men, no less) had dropped him into?

Seriously, what have I missed?

some of ya'll really like to derail threads.

I don't get the strong dislike for Krakoa or the 'X-Men are bad now' statements that go around on here.

But anyways, I can't wait to read this title to see how the X-Men react and how the Quiet Council proceedings go.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nullviahomo View Post
    It would be pretty odd if the Resurrection process didn't work on Kate. Other than being physically located within Krakoa there doesn't seem to be any implied connection between the Five's process and the Island itself, and surely if there had been any problem with Cerebro scanning and downloading Kate's mind Xavier would have picked up on it long ago?

All of which makes Shaw's Bwaaa-Ha-Ha moment ("Let me tell you how I outsmarted you before I kill you, oh simpleton foe of mine!") a perplexingly stupid thing to do, given that the main selling point of modern-day mutantkind is the Respawn Mode and he has no actual guarantee that he won't soon be standing in front of the Quiet Council with a very pissed-off Red Queen and eleven faces wearing expressions that range from "Couldn't give a monkey's, mate" to "Prepare to burn, you bastard." What was he banking on? That Kate's body wouldn't be found for a long time so the Resurrection Protocol wouldn't be triggered until.... what? How was he going to get out of the deep well of unmentionable that murdering a fellow mutant (and a beloved former leader of the X-Men, no less) had dropped him into?

The one thing about the resurrection process is that Chuck isn't constantly updating, right? So unless he was updating Kate at exactly the time of the confrontation, wouldn't she wake up with no idea about how she died?

Shaw already confirmed that Shinobi wouldn't remember how he died. So that could work in his favor, too. Lockheed would be the only witness.

Quote Originally Posted by Nullviahomo View Post

Yeah, I think Sebastian is just speculating and being arrogant thinking she can't be brought back. He may turn out to be right of course.

Like userid said above, it'd be interesting if they do bring her back but she doesn't remember and no one knows the truth. Although I'm sure Emma will wreck Shaw's mind to find out.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    some of ya'll really like to derail threads.

I don't get the strong dislike for Krakoa or the 'X-Men are bad now' statements that go around on here.

But anyways, I can't wait to read this title to see how the X-Men react and how the Quiet Council proceedings go.
    Same.

I honestly don't understand why suddenly the X-Men are bad, Krakoa isn't better than Orchis building a Sentinel City on Mercury and the extreme comparisons some people are using to the word "Flatscan".
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue