Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Default X-Men [05] : Spoilers and stuff

Cyclops plans a mission to get into the Vault.

If you don't know who the Children of the Vault are; I recommend: Mike Carey and Chris Bachalo's SUPERNOVAS arc.

Cyclops, Storm, and Armor plan a distraction while Synch, X-23, and Darwin get into the vault.

The plan goes smooth ish.

But we find out by the end of the issue that they'be been gone for like 3 months ish.

And in the vault time works different so SEVERAL years have passed for them.

Some interesting tidbits about Evertts resurrection and why he was brought back with Skin. It was hard for him to see his once peers moved on and aged. So they got brought back together.

Also I think most of Mike Carey's children were brought back to life. Even though they did die in their intro arc.

Much to discuss.

Also RB Silva's art just hits WAY differently than Yu's. But that's just me.

Perro <3

I loved seeing the classic Children of the Vault back again. Can't wait to see more of 'em.

This was really great! You could just feel the weight of the mission and it was just so good to see Synch back in action again. Feels like this is just a (really engaging) step for Hickman's masterplan and I'm here for it. The data page re: his return and how they brought Skin back soon after to help Everett out was such a nice treat. And SERAFINA! I was worried for her the entire time, I guess I picked my side.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Perro <3

I loved seeing the classic Children of the Vault back again. Can't wait to see more of 'em.
    I loved that too, but there were a few inconsistencies. Perro was not killed during Supernovas. And what happened to the corridor, the Children's extradimensional city shown in X-Men Legacy? Looks like Hickman skipped an arc. Luz, Cadena and Corrigidora will probably never return.

We’re still setting up future **** here, but it doesn’t feel like Lord Claremont range future **** where suddenly he brings a story thread back five years after you forgot about it. Wonder how long Laura et al will have lived subjectively next we see them.

Also, Serafina had tremendous levels of butt energy this issue.

BANNED

Logan sending Laura on a hundreds-year long suicide mission is their greatest bonding moment since he told her she was gutter trash compared to Wolfsbane.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    We’re still setting up future **** here, but it doesn’t feel like Lord Claremont range future **** where suddenly he brings a story thread back five years after you forgot about it. Wonder how long Laura et al will have lived subjectively next we see them.
    They will probably die just in time dor their memories to be collected and resurrect on younger bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    This was really great! You could just feel the weight of the mission and it was just so good to see Synch back in action again. Feels like this is just a (really engaging) step for Hickman's masterplan and I'm here for it. The data page re: his return and how they brought Skin back soon after to help Everett out was such a nice treat. And SERAFINA! I was worried for her the entire time, I guess I picked my side.

I loved that too, but there were a few inconsistencies. Perro was not killed during Supernovas. And what happened to the corridor, the Children's extradimensional city shown in X-Men Legacy? Looks like Hickman skipped an arc. Luz, Cadena and Corrigidora will probably never return.
    It acknowledged that the children kind of hang out in packs. So maybe they are elsewhere.

Also random sidebar: Darwin has always been that pale right?

Astonishing Member

I reall need to see this picked up soon. I hope the time given means may has the xbooks reference this. I hope they come home soon

So Hickman decided to just turn the Children of the Vault into his Ultimate Children of Tomorrow

He even gave them the City

BANNED

I'm still trying to figure out what's going on with the whole "I'm Wolverine...Shouldn't Wolverine Do This?" thing.

Hickman seems to be asserting his dominance over the X-Line with these past two issues.

Everybody btfo this was great.

Seeing and hearing Ev after all this time *sniff*

The art and the panel work was on point.

5/5 from me
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out what's going on with the whole "I'm Wolverine...Shouldn't Wolverine Do This?" thing.
    It was a joke. She was claiming the title, then told Logan in so many words he’s Wolverine once she heard about the ridiculous mission.

Great issue, this book is picking up nicely. Just confused why we really needed horny island humping and grandma vigilantes sprinkled in before we got here. Seems like both things could have waited a few months.

Super glad the Children are back. They are legitimately scary villains and I recently re-read Supernovas.

>Fun issue but it felt very short. I realize Hickman is doing these one shot stories to set up future plots but it's getting jarring now. Each of these plots should be a current X-book.
    >Gorgeous art.
    >Why's Armor involved in this at this level? Is she there because a 'younger' mutant [Synch] is involved?
    >Oh, the Bachalo miniskirts. *side eye*
    >Dang, Synch has psychological issues? Perfectly understandable. At least he has Skin... and I must wonder exactly how far down the list Skin was for resurrection.
    >Seeing Angelo's correct last name printed always makes me smile. *more side eye at wherever Chuck Austen is now*
    Last edited by nx01a; 01-29-2020 at 04:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

It's nice to have Children of the Vault back.

Their concept like a different human and mutant species fighting for dominance of the planet can create good stories and in fact they may be a major threat to krakoa if they are allowed to act freely.