Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    SHIELD always sort of sucked
    they are still supposed to be a government based organization made to protect the us and the world, which includes mutants.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    they are still supposed to be a government based organization made to protect the us and the world, which includes mutants.
    The fact that they really didn't and had so many scumbags was a good part of why Captain America had the whole thing shut down after Secret Empire. SHIELD sucked

I woke up and saw 18 pages of discussion and I was like what else could they be saying about finding Kate that requires 12 more pages...

BANNED

Shoutout to that legendary human-hating mutant child. May he appear frequently throughout DoX and generate hundreds of pages of useless discussions that include wildly mistaken comparisons to real world events.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    More like “For your survival and mutant posterity”

There might be more to life than that for privileged humans, but mutants have to hustle.
    When the truth hits you in the stomach like an overweight 3rd grade bully.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

This forum be like “the X-Men are the real terrorists, not the fine folks in the Purifiers”.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    This forum be like “the X-Men are the real terrorists, not the fine folks in the Purifiers”.
    I feel like most of the arguments being made here only work ignoring what the humans have done to mutants in the past.

Thank God the preview cut off at that point or else we'd be discussing the next scene where Auntie Emma teaches the kids how to quickly dispose of a flatscan's body without getting caught by the kill no man law!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Thank God the preview cut off at that point or else we'd be discussing the next scene where Auntie Emma teaches the kids how to quickly dispose of a flatscan's body without getting caught by the kill no man law!
    I'm more interested in how she desposes of a mutant one.

Now, do all of you really believe that that line was added to disturb us or at least make us question the morality of this situation?

And as many of us have said, even if this attitude is somewhat understandable, that doesn't make it right or practical. It isn't helping the situation, it is going to make it worse, and the leadership of the Council isn't really doing much to protect anyone

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I woke up and saw 18 pages of discussion and I was like what else could they be saying about finding Kate that requires 12 more pages...
    I'm so bummed seeing her floating like that.
    I need pancakes.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Funny that applying a heavy dose of Realpolitik to mutants gets discussions like that. Some kid using a "bad" word is more or less on the same Level for some than planning the Extermination (again) of Mutants. Would that be the same if applied to real life versions of this?

I think this is perfect in showing that stuff like this is not black or White but very Grey. No one is all in the Right or wrong.
    Last edited by lowfyr; 02-14-2020 at 05:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    Funny that applying a heavy dose of Realpolitik to mutants gets discussions like that. Some kid using a "bad" word is more or less on the same Level for some than planning the Extermination (again) of Mutants. Would that be the same if applied to real life versions of this?
    Remember that old thread about mutants being good reflections of real life minorities? It's stuff like this that really shows how quickly that falls apart. It's interesting that some fans cannot tolerate even the slightest negative observation of some members of a nation state without tarring people as pro-genocide. That's disrespectful and counterproductive to discussion.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Who is this figure looking at Kate's body?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    Remember that old thread about mutants being good reflections of real life minorities? It's stuff like this that really shows how quickly that falls apart. It's interesting that some fans cannot tolerate even the slightest negative observation of some members of a nation state without tarring people as pro-genocide. That's disrespectful and counterproductive to discussion.
    "slightest negative observation " it is a Little more than that, isn't it? And the same could be said About "some fans" on the other side of the discussion.

It is not like any side here is the "good" one. But that after decades of getting killed not just by racist lunatics but the goverments mutants had enough and wanted equal Footing should not really be a dicussion.

And Hickmann avoided the greatest pitfall of this showing mutants as Saints that can do no wrong. Being a more realistic or as i wrote Grey Version of stuff like this is in my opinion one of the Things that makes Hickmanns run already great.

BANNED

Bishop

10 char