Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    But are they collaborating? Apocalypse is clearly planning something, Shaw and several others just had a senior X-Men and Concil member murdered, Sinister is being Sinister, and Mystique is planning a BBQ. Charles and Moira are also up to shit.

Oddly, the only people I'm not really worried about are Magneto and Emma, because even if they scheme and scheme, I'm sure they believe in Krakoa. Not sure about the others.
    That's •-[A]-•, sir. He's focused on saving his children and preventing the demon horde from coming through the sealed transit from Arakko (which is connected to Otherworld). As for everyone else, I dunno man !
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    That's •-[A]-•, sir. He's focused on saving his children and preventing the demon horde from coming through the sealed transit from Arakko (which is connected to Otherworld). As for everyone else, I dunno man !
    It's easier to use Apocalypse since it's already saved on my phone.

And that still doesn't mean he's all pro-mutant. How often is he even portrayed as caring about mutants that often?

It's easier to use Apocalypse since it's already saved on my phone.

And that still doesn't mean he's all pro-mutant. How often is he even portrayed as caring about mutants that often?
    He did say he's going to protect his children of Arakko and Krakoa. I guess anyone outside of that is @%&#ed!

I dont think that a mutant as old as Apocalypse can change that easily.

Deep down im sure that he still follow his old views and prefer the stronger over the weak.

At the same time, he is not stupid he has time and he have bigger concerns.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    I dont think that a mutant as old as Apocalypse can change that easily.

Deep down im sure that he still follow his old views and prefer the stronger over the weak.

At the same time, he is not stupid he has time and he have bigger concerns.
    I guess it's just sort of hard for me to really see Apocalypse as a serious character. When I got into comics, he was dead. And for most of the time I've read comics, he's been dead and was something of a boogeyman for the X-Men as a whole. It's still weird tk actually see him.

Damn, when I got into comics, a lot of characters were dead.

Apocalypse has always been like Thanos Jr. He's supposed to be a big deal, but he's been jobbed so many times by so many random characters he's hard to see as a threat. Hell, Rogue killed him like a chump once already.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Apocalypse has always been like Thanos Jr. He's supposed to be a big deal, but he's been jobbed so many times by so many random characters he's hard to see as a threat. Hell, Rogue killed him like a chump once already.
    He allowed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    I mean "Flatscan" is used by those not at the top, it's used by the group who has been marginalized, victims of genocide.

Maybe I'm missing something out because English is not my first language but I feel like getting insulted by the word "Flatscan" is akin to Karen feeling like she's a victim because someone called her "whitey".
    The problem with the term is that it was coined and popularized by groups outright trying to commit genocide of the human race. Its not quite the same as 'whitey' or 'cracker' because the people who invented and used the term were using it as justification for supremacy and murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    We are so used to the X-Men fighting for everything that seeing them collaborate with people with whom they do not share their ideals 100% seems strange to us.

Yes, not everyone thinks like Magneto. No, it is no reason for them to leave Krakoa because as much as Magneto speaks, he is helping the mutants. There are undoubtedly evil people in Krakoa but for now, apparently, they are collaborating. And there is no country without evil people and being evil, if you do not act against the law, it is not illegal.
    Personally, this has been my problem with the X-men for years now. They really haven't felt like they were fighting for everyone, and whenever they had a problem they turned to their villains for help, to the point where their ideals felt like an in-name-only type of thing. This is entirely my impression, so I understand if others are OK with it or OK with the justifications they gave. The main reason it happened was because of the stupid Disney-Fox thing that kept the X-men from interacting with the larger Marvel world, but seeing them constantly go to the Hellfire Club, Emma (when she was full villain), Dark Beast and the like annoyed me to no end. Its not that they didn't collaborate with people who didn't share their ideals, its that they collaborated with them so often they didn't even seem moral. One week Emma Frost was bombing cities around the world, and the next she was having catty adventures with Iceman. What?

So when Apocalypse and the like showed up, I was like, AGAIN?! And now they've upped the ante with complete monsters working with them. But its OK, because they just want to help mutants too now, so we're going to look the other way on all the terrible things they've ever done. And again, I understand if other people don't feel the same way. Its a HUGE pet peeve of mine, and it underminds my ability to view that as heroes, or even as moral people. If you're working with the likes of Apocalypse and Sinister, then I want you to fail on principle, because just working with them makes you a worse person by association. Or at least, that's my thinking.

Magneto led the X-Men for years in the 80's, an era where they also were associated with the Hellfire club. Hickman basically made everyone from A.I.M. to provokers of mass genocide like Ex Nihilo and Abyss part of the Avengers in his run. I don't really see it as a new thing or an exclusively X-Men thing.

BANNED

The X-Men have allied with their enemies for decades.

Was there not a comment from Emma actually lumping human and mutant men together in Marauders?

What if Emma helped Mystique ressurect Irene
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 02-14-2020 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    He allowed it.
    No safe word needed.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Personally, this has been my problem with the X-men for years now. They really haven't felt like they were fighting for everyone, and whenever they had a problem they turned to their villains for help, to the point where their ideals felt like an in-name-only type of thing. This is entirely my impression, so I understand if others are OK with it or OK with the justifications they gave. The main reason it happened was because of the stupid Disney-Fox thing that kept the X-men from interacting with the larger Marvel world, but seeing them constantly go to the Hellfire Club, Emma (when she was full villain), Dark Beast and the like annoyed me to no end. Its not that they didn't collaborate with people who didn't share their ideals, its that they collaborated with them so often they didn't even seem moral. One week Emma Frost was bombing cities around the world, and the next she was having catty adventures with Iceman. What?

So when Apocalypse and the like showed up, I was like, AGAIN?! And now they've upped the ante with complete monsters working with them. But its OK, because they just want to help mutants too now, so we're going to look the other way on all the terrible things they've ever done. And again, I understand if other people don't feel the same way. Its a HUGE pet peeve of mine, and it underminds my ability to view that as heroes, or even as moral people. If you're working with the likes of Apocalypse and Sinister, then I want you to fail on principle, because just working with them makes you a worse person by association. Or at least, that's my thinking.
    Though we usually disagree, I appreciate what you wrote here. It's a clear picture of your take on things and that's cool. But the X-Men do have a tendency to dance with devils, so to speak.

But are they collaborating? Apocalypse is clearly planning something, Shaw and several others just had a senior X-Men and Concil member murdered, Sinister is being Sinister, and Mystique is planning a BBQ. Charles and Moira are also up to shit.

Oddly, the only people I'm not really worried about are Magneto and Emma, because even if they scheme and scheme, I'm sure they believe in Krakoa. Not sure about the others.
    But that is something that we, the readers, know, not the rest.

Publicly what everyone has done is:
    Apocalypse has helped stabilize the powers of Rictor and Rogue and has expanded Krakoa.

Sinister has helped create the mutant resurrection protocol, got Mojo to give television in Krakoa and helped the Fallen Angels to save humans.

Shaw, Exodus and Mystique have done nothing publicly, neither bad nor good.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    No, it isn't a little more than that. It is what was presented on the page, an observation was made. It's the reaction to that observation that was outsized, disrespectful, and intended to silence. Hell, I actually like the grey, eye-brow raising stuff. It keeps the books interesting, adds life to the world beyond the teams, and generally elevates capebooks above the traditional norm. Seeing Krakoa range from wetworks teams like X-Force to Emma and Christian touring the kids through their facilities, to Forge participating in a multinational tech race in Marvel Voices. That's how its done, the many facets of the nation. It's good worldbuilding.
    So someone a child said something in character and after that we get "are mutants all evil now" that has more or less taken over this thread is not something a little more? agree to disagree than. And "outsized, disrespectful, and intended to silence"? I would call what happened in this thread simply disagreeing with something and saying so.

But we agree on the "grey, eye-brow raising" stuff. I want more of that^^
    Last edited by lowfyr; 02-15-2020 at 06:29 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Agreed and there's definitely some stuff happening until the funeral issue. They're going to try everything they can to bring her back.
    There is still a question. Will there really be a funeral? Will Kitty have something after the funeral? Or we will get the most noticeable death that will last for many years or maybe even always like Gwen Stacy