Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 93
  1. #46
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Lol. That mullet was Glorious!
    Damn straight.

    I'll take long hair (not a mullet, but long hair) over the crap haircuts Dick's had in recent years.

    Also, that Dan Mora cover is legit. Why isn't this guy doing more interiors? I'd pay good money to get him on a Nightwing book.

    Or Superman.

    Pretty much anything, really. Dude is one of the best artists in the industry right now.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  2. #47
    Extraordinary Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It'll be nice to read about a consistently likeable Batman again.
    It's kind of sad that THIS Batman is the one who canonically ends up miserable, old and alone.

    He's the one who deserves a happy ending with Selina and the extended family. I liked Beyond, but I personally prefer to think of it as a possible future than one that is set in stone for DCAU Bruce.

  3. #48
    Mighty Member John Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Since they will (probably) never make another Batman cartoon as good as B:TAS, should they reboot/refresh the show?

    They could return to the source material...

    Use lost ideas like Black Canary and Nocturna...

    They could write Catwoman better this time...

    Maybe Batman could lose the underoos...

    just a thought
    I would love a show where Batman is already working with Tim Drake, Oracle and Nightwing but I don't think I want a reboot/refresh of the old show or it being set in that continuity. I don't want an already good thing to be messed up plus I think newer shows should just try to do their own thing.

  4. #49
    Mighty Member Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    1,862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Damn straight.

    I'll take long hair (not a mullet, but long hair) over the crap haircuts Dick's had in recent years.

    Also, that Dan Mora cover is legit. Why isn't this guy doing more interiors? I'd pay good money to get him on a Nightwing book.

    Or Superman.

    Pretty much anything, really. Dude is one of the best artists in the industry right now.
    I've been wanting Mora on a lot of stuff. I've been reading The Terrifics in trade but I picked up the most recent issue just because I needed some more of his art in my life now that Once and Future is taking a break.

  5. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It'll be nice to read about a consistently likeable Batman again.
    Absolutely; where they actually work together and have shared history.

    Also BTAS Tim is my fav Tim

  6. #51
    Astonishing Member Jekyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,127

    Default

    May have to give this a try. This should at least be fun which is a breath of fresh air from the other mess DC is putting out these days.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), The Atom (Ray Palmer) , Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Iron Fist, Doctor Strange, & Ant-Man (Scott Lang).

    Current Pulls: Daredevil, Amazing Spider-Man, Venom, Immortal Hulk, Guardians of The Galaxy, Ghost Rider, Dr. Strange, Star Wars,Shazam, & TMNT!

  7. #52
    Extraordinary Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    7,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It's kind of sad that THIS Batman is the one who canonically ends up miserable, old and alone.

    He's the one who deserves a happy ending with Selina and the extended family. I liked Beyond, but I personally prefer to think of it as a possible future than one that is set in stone for DCAU Bruce.
    Well, to be fair, the Return of the Joker movie did show that the DCAU Bruce was able to eventually reconcile with Barbara and Tim, and did maintain a positive relationship with Terry. He might've burned bridges with some people forever, but he was able to make some amends before the end.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  8. #53
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I've been wanting Mora on a lot of stuff. I've been reading The Terrifics in trade but I picked up the most recent issue just because I needed some more of his art in my life now that Once and Future is taking a break.
    Sh*t is that his art?? I never even realized! No wonder I enjoyed the issue so much.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  9. #54
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    571

    Default

    Good stuff. I'm looking forward to see how characters like Jason Tood, Deathstroke, and Azrael fit into the DCAU. I like their designs as well. I wonder if we'll see more comics, since the line will also include a vampire Batman (unmade Nocturna story?) and The Batman Who Laughs, also designed by Templeton.

    I know there's no way this is going to happen, but I also wish DC showed more love towards their non-DCAU cartoons. There's much fertile ground for storytelling from shows that were cut short like Green Lantern: The Animated Series, Beware the Batman, or Legion of Super Heroes. Even though we got Young Justice back, why is there no comic tie-in to tide fans over between hiatuses?

  10. #55
    Astonishing Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    2,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Good stuff. I'm looking forward to see how characters like Jason Tood, Deathstroke, and Azrael fit into the DCAU. I like their designs as well. I wonder if we'll see more comics, since the line will also include a vampire Batman (unmade Nocturna story?) and The Batman Who Laughs, also designed by Templeton.

    I know there's no way this is going to happen, but I also wish DC showed more love towards their non-DCAU cartoons. There's much fertile ground for storytelling from shows that were cut short like Green Lantern: The Animated Series, Beware the Batman, or Legion of Super Heroes. Even though we got Young Justice back, why is there no comic tie-in to tide fans over between hiatuses?
    Also, don't forget Batman: The Brave & The Bold (if only to see the return of the SHAZAM!/Marvel Family):

    Last edited by K7P5V; 02-15-2020 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Made a correction.

  11. #56
    Mighty Member Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    1,862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Sh*t is that his art?? I never even realized! No wonder I enjoyed the issue so much.
    Absolutely. He's a treasure. I've been following him from Klaus to Once and Future and he's my pick for a Nightwing interior artist if Travis Moore doesn't stick around.

  12. #57
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    260

    Default

    This, if done well, will be most welcome.
    Especially considering the current state of the main Batman book.

  13. #58
    Astonishing Member Jekyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    This, if done well, will be most welcome.
    Especially considering the current state of the main Batman book.
    Current state of DC as a whole.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), The Atom (Ray Palmer) , Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Iron Fist, Doctor Strange, & Ant-Man (Scott Lang).

    Current Pulls: Daredevil, Amazing Spider-Man, Venom, Immortal Hulk, Guardians of The Galaxy, Ghost Rider, Dr. Strange, Star Wars,Shazam, & TMNT!

  14. #59
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Current state of DC as a whole.
    I was about to challenge your comment but all examples I came up with are out of continuity/ Black Label:
    Curse of the White Knight
    Batman's Grave (snail pace but still good)
    Far Sector
    Joker - Harley - Criminal Sanity
    Last God
    Deaths of Vic Sage

  15. #60
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    48,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Good stuff. I'm looking forward to see how characters like Jason Tood, Deathstroke, and Azrael fit into the DCAU. I like their designs as well. I wonder if we'll see more comics, since the line will also include a vampire Batman (unmade Nocturna story?) and The Batman Who Laughs, also designed by Templeton.

    I know there's no way this is going to happen, but I also wish DC showed more love towards their non-DCAU cartoons. There's much fertile ground for storytelling from shows that were cut short like Green Lantern: The Animated Series, Beware the Batman, or Legion of Super Heroes. Even though we got Young Justice back, why is there no comic tie-in to tide fans over between hiatuses?
    I think if they see success for this book they might consider more animated revivals in comic form. I wouldn't rule it out .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •