Default Something I'd love to see done Cassandra Cain

What bothers me is how she supposedly can't talk. I mean the premise of what her dad wanted to make her makes very little sense when you think about it. Especially since children learn though observation. I honestly think a good twist on Orphan would be if she could talk but not when people were around. The reason I like this idea is I just hate how her parents just talk to her but never get a good insult thrown back at them. Like Shiva she acted superior to Orphan when Shiva lost to Caine and was spared only because she agreed to give him a child.

I just really like the idea of Orphan being able to speak and shocking both her parents by saying "You are both worthless idiots and the only reason I never killed either of you is because I don't consider you worth killing." Then as revenge or all they've put her through Orphan beats them both down like dogs and steals the title of Lady Shiva from her mother while having no loyalty to the League of Assassins or Shadows.

I just think humiliating them and taking everything from them would be good payback for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    What bothers me is how she supposedly can't talk. I mean the premise of what her dad wanted to make her makes very little sense when you think about it. Especially since children learn though observation.
    That's the thing, though. Going by this argument, Cass wouldn't have learned to talk, since David deliberately prevented her from hearing human speech at all. That's what caused her to be so good at reading body language, which is what David had been attempting to instill in her.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    What bothers me is how she supposedly can't talk. I mean the premise of what her dad wanted to make her makes very little sense when you think about it. Especially since children learn though observation. I honestly think a good twist on Orphan would be if she could talk but not when people were around. The reason I like this idea is I just hate how her parents just talk to her but never get a good insult thrown back at them. Like Shiva she acted superior to Orphan when Shiva lost to Caine and was spared only because she agreed to give him a child.

I just really like the idea of Orphan being able to speak and shocking both her parents by saying "You are both worthless idiots and the only reason I never killed either of you is because I don't consider you worth killing." Then as revenge or all they've put her through Orphan beats them both down like dogs and steals the title of Lady Shiva from her mother while having no loyalty to the League of Assassins or Shadows.

I just think humiliating them and taking everything from them would be good payback for her.
    Cain was a complete sociopath who treated his daughter less as a person and more as a thing. I wouldn't waste time on the logic