Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ilostmyplace View Post
    Not really, you can still make deals knowing that someone is getting canned and not tell the person that getting fired. Dan was still doing I think the DC Comic blog when they finally told him he was fired. There where rummers leading up to Dan being fired. Maybe someone told Jim and Jim to start making deals with Paul, knowing Dan what's it going to be with the company anymore. Don't forget that there were rummers that Dan was running around saying that DC would never fire him no matter what especially sents he got Paul fired from DC comics in the first place.
    That's a lot of speculation and assumption for something the facts don't support. There have been rumors for years of Dan getting fired. It's nothing new.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Not a fan of Slott's at all, but surely he has written things worth reading at some point in his career?
    His Batman Adventures comics are pretty good. That was before he made it big. I also liked his writing in Shattered Dimensions. While it wasn't super complex or anything, it was snappy and fun. I preferred to his actual Spider-Verse event, too.

BANNED

Yeah the creative team looks solid stuff for this. Paul Dini did some amazing with Batman in comics as well as TAS.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Yeah the creative team looks solid stuff for this. Paul Dini did some amazing with Batman in comics as well as TAS.
    This will be a must buy as someone who loves Batman: The Animated Series plus Paul Dini's Batman works away from B:TAS.

Nearly all the designs for The New Batman Adventures were inferior to B:TAS.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    This will be a must buy as someone who loves Batman: The Animated Series plus Paul Dini's Batman works away from B:TAS.

Nearly all the designs for The New Batman Adventures were inferior to B:TAS.
    The B:TAS designs are timeless, although some of the TNBA designs grew on me, I have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The B:TAS designs are timeless, although some of the TNBA designs grew on me, I have to say.
    Agreed. I don't know what was going through Crane's mind when he made the change during TNBA, but it sure was spooky as hell.

Incredible Member

It'll be exciting to finally have stories with that Nightwing design without the mullet. His design & character were all on point in the fairly recent Batman & Harley Quinn movie too.

Especially with Azrael and Jason Todd coming in, those are both successor to the throne types that naturally pit them against Nightwing

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The B:TAS designs are definitely timeless. Only TNBA designs I liked were Batman's costume and Scarecrow's. Hated the Joker and Riddler's TNBA looks. Poison Ivy's as well.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. I don't know what was going through Crane's mind when he made the change during TNBA, but it sure was spooky as hell.

Actually liked that on better myself.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Preview from issue #2, featuring the DCAU debut of Deathstroke and the Wonderland Gang:

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Actually liked that on better myself.
    Me too, actually. I mean, it's really not that important. But, I'd be interested in knowing what prompted the change.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    The B:TAS designs are definitely timeless. Only TNBA designs I liked were Batman's costume and Scarecrow's. Hated the Joker and Riddler's TNBA looks. Poison Ivy's as well.
    I liked Penguin's TNBA look MUCH better than the Batman Returns look that they were forced to give him in BTAS. I'm hoping that they use Oswald's TNBA design should he show up as it goes with the classic gentleman of crime characterization they gave him.

I will say the Riddler looked much better in the Batman Adventures comic that was based on TNBA...thus I was wondering if they would go with any of the redesigns that were in that comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I liked Penguin's TNBA look MUCH better than the Batman Returns look that they were forced to give him in BTAS. I'm hoping that they use Oswald's TNBA design should he show up as it goes with the classic gentleman of crime characterization they gave him.

I will say the Riddler looked much better in the Batman Adventures comic that was based on TNBA...thus I was wondering if they would go with any of the redesigns that were in that comic.
    Actually, its the other way around. Batman Returns based their Penguin's appearance on BTAS.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Actually, its the other way around. Batman Returns based their Penguin's appearance on BTAS.
    That's just patently false, Batman Returns came out in June of 1992 and the Penguin's first appearance on Batman the Animated series was in September of 1992.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post

Yeah, Riddler looks better in a suit. He barely appeared with his TNBA design anyways.