Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gregpersons View Post
    What aspects of Bat lore that aren't in BTAS would you want to see the comics take on?
    I'd love to see the BTAS version of No Man's Land - https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Batman:_No_Man%27s_Land
    Last edited by K7P5V; 09-13-2020 at 04:50 AM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I'd love to see the BTAS version of No Man's Land - https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Batman:_No_Man%27s_Land
    At this rate they'll make one more mini to debut the rest of the 90's Batfamily .

Incredible Member

I find this series, as has been said, a pretty disappointing promotional tool for figures that now, apparently, aren't even being made anymore. The creative team is hugely talented but this is far from their best work. Tons of inconsistencies - both deliberate (Nora, Jason) and seemingly accidental (Lex, costume details, layouts, timeframes) - with the source materials. And nothing has felt inspired or involving. It's a shame.

I'd rather DC just let Templeton continue making BTAS comics with the freedom he once had. Guy told great stories...

Hopefully the Harley and Ivy Xmas issue is a fun standalone.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    I find this series, as has been said, a pretty disappointing promotional tool for figures that now, apparently, aren't even being made anymore. The creative team is hugely talented but this is far from their best work. Tons of inconsistencies - both deliberate (Nora, Jason) and seemingly accidental (Lex, costume details, layouts, timeframes) - with the source materials. And nothing has felt inspired or involving. It's a shame.

I'd rather DC just let Templeton continue making BTAS comics with the freedom he once had. Guy told great stories...

Agreed (especially on the Harley and Ivy thing).

I kinda got the impression that the writers have just written their stuff with only the original TV show in mind and ignored all the other tie-ins (saw a video from the Watchtower Database fan site noting that stuff, like Nora, directly contradicts pre-established tie-ins -- apparently that one was because the show-runners didn't like the direction the other comics went, so are now taking the opportunity to "retcon" things to suit their tastes).

Is that stuff out of print now?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I kinda got the impression that the writers have just written their stuff with only the original TV show in mind and ignored all the other tie-ins (saw a video from the Watchtower Database fan site noting that stuff, like Nora, directly contradicts pre-established tie-ins -- apparently that one was because the show-runners didn't like the direction the other comics went, so are now taking the opportunity to "retcon" things to suit their tastes).
    It definitely contradicted what the Adventures comics did with Nora (and frankly, I preferred what they did there compared to this comic).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It definitely contradicted what the Adventures comics did with Nora (and frankly, I preferred what they did there compared to this comic).
    That is usually how tie-ins in a franchise work. Course, both stories continue to exist, even if some no longer really fit that well into the larger continuity. (Have to say I don't really get why the showrunners were so obsessed with fridging Nora, esp. since the source material had her live.)
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

That is usually how tie-ins in a franchise work. Course, both stories continue to exist, even if some no longer really fit that well into the larger continuity. (Have to say I don't really get why the showrunners were so obsessed with fridging Nora, esp. since the source material had her live.)
    Yeah, I can't think of anyone who would prefer seeing Batman knock around her corpse compared to that.

Yeah, I can't think of anyone who would prefer seeing Batman knock around her corpse compared to that.
    Maybe they think Mr. Freeze is more interesting as a widower or something. Dunno, some of the more interesting stuff I've seen is where she lives somehow.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Maybe they think Mr. Freeze is more interesting as a widower or something. Dunno, some of the more interesting stuff I've seen is where she lives somehow.
    I definitely think they focused too much on the tragedy aspect of the character in this instance.

Mighty Member

I see no one read the holiday issue, then.

Anyway, a couple of places have added "Season One" to the upcoming trade release. I wonder if this means there's more coming, even with the figure line dead.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    I see no one read the holiday issue, then.
    It had its moments (even if it was basically just rehashing the TNBA episode with the Ventriloquist) and peaked at the villain party.
    Anyway, a couple of places have added "Season One" to the upcoming trade release. I wonder if this means there's more coming, even with the figure line dead.
    Yeah, that seems pretty notable.

I guess the comic sold well?

Mighty Member

It had its moments (even if it was basically just rehashing the TNBA episode with the Ventriloquist) and peaked at the villain party.
    Agreed on both thoughts. I think they Dini, Burnett, and Templeton do better when they're not just forcing characters onto well-explored continuity, at least.

I guess the comic sold well?
    I assume so. It's funny because the people I talked to when the B:TAS revival rumors just hit didn't even know it existed. But just because something isn't discussed online doesn't mean it failed, and vice versa.

I like the series take on Azrael and how they handled Jason Todd's origin. Especially when they had the origin told to Tim Drake, since there are parallels there. It's always nice to see some connection between Jason and Tim.

I agree that killing off Nora and having Batman knock off her corpse was in bad taste and I prefer the comic continuation of what happened to Nora.

Speaking of, I remember the original tie in comic implying that the Poison Ivy we see in TNBA was a clone all along (or at least for a significant duration of the series) with the real Pam, out in the woods somewhere married to Alec Holland. That was another change that I heard that the tv shows creators didn't like. I wonder if they will address that. I haven't caught up with the latest issues yet. Just the Jason stuff so far.

I hope that this leads to a continuation of Ty and Slott's comic book. I heard that the original plan was to reveal that the Red Hood in the comic was going to be Andrea Beaumont's mother (not a fan of the idea and glad it didn't happen) and to move the flashback events of Return of the Joker firmly into the flashback category (not a fan of that idea either). If there is to be more contination, I hope it stays committed to the shows canon and not attempt hacky ideas.

Mighty Member

I'm assuming The Adventure Continues will override anything that Batman Adventures does, especially due to Dini and Burnett's involvement. They already did with Freeze and Red Hood's origin, so I'm assuming Slott and Templeton's intended story will not continue.