Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    Incredible Member

Despite certain issues over continuity with the DCAU, I do have some a positives with this story:

1) Loving the serialized format of the story: Jason's observations, the fallout of the Batman/ Luthor showdown.
    2) Seeing the evolving story of Batman's Rogues (Mad Hatter's new "Wonderland Gang", Clayface mocking Robin's connection to Annie, Firefly's link to Kobra; and Penguin employing one of Emile Dorian's creatures).
    3) The New versions of Slade Wilson/ Deathstroke and Jean-Paul Valley/ Azrael are impressive in both design and personality

Mighty Member

Echoing Deathstroke and Azrael. The stories they were in had questionable moments (the use of Firefly and Freeze), but they fit the DCAU a lot better than Jason did.

Also really liked Mr. Wing and Straightman. Paul Dini has a talent at coming up with memorable henchpeople.

Absolutely ecstatic that we apparently get more Veronica Vreeland out of this. I wonder how much of high society the Court of Owls has reached in BTAS-verse. Could the Vreelands be Owls?

Mighty Member

This is interesting, and I feel that it will be easier to make out now that they don't have to go into too many flashbacks with the Court of Owls...and because I didn't really care for the original story there is nowhere to go but up...Also HOW did the bird themed Penguin NOT have anything to do with the court in the original?

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    This is interesting, and I feel that it will be easier to make out now that they don't have to go into too many flashbacks with the Court of Owls...and because I didn't really care for the original story there is nowhere to go but up...Also HOW did the bird themed Penguin NOT have anything to do with the court in the original?
    They didn't like his umbrella collection.

It would totally further Penguin's persecution complex to think that the Court didn't think he or the Cobblepots were worth doing business with.

Mighty Member

Watch as the true mastermind behind the Court ends up being Mr. Wing.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The Court was created in colonial times consisting of rich people who wants to rule Gotham from the shadows. The Cobblepots are already rich, one of the four founding families of Gotham and the Mayor of Gotham. The term they used is the rich Founding Families are considered the Light of Gotham, the peasants and poor are The Dark, while The Court members are the shadow, the in between, The Gray.

It's not about birds.

Incredible Member

One main thing I want from Season II....

GIVE US NIGHTWING!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Multiverse View Post
    One main thing I want from Season II....

GIVE US NIGHTWING!!!!
    I do think it would be a good time to finally bring him in considering the Court ties to the Graysons. Not to mention the fact that he was inexplicably missing for the entirety of season 1.

He never even got to react to Jason.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I do think it would be a good time to finally bring him in considering the Court ties to the Graysons. Not to mention the fact that he was inexplicably missing for the entirety of season 1.

He never even got to react to Jason.
    Despite him showing up in some promo material. I know I should get used to that as a comic book fan, but still.

Mighty Member

Anyone read the season two premiere?

The issue was a much stronger start in comparison to season one's opening arc. The story, art, etc. felt improved. The Court of Owls fit like a glove in this continuity, with only some minor tweaking required. Talon was a pretty decent threat and it will be interesting to see how the conspiracy unfolds. spoilers:
    Starting the issue by killing off Mayor Hill was a strong hook. I have a feeling Junior taking over his father's position will come into play at some point in the future.
    end of spoilers

The use of Deadman in this issue was a lot of fun. I always thought he has been fairly underused, so it's cool to see him again. I'm going to say the references to his past encounters with Bruce and Dick are just nods to those issues of the older Adventures comics. spoilers:
    Of course, it was only a matter of time until Dini used Zatanna, but she was cool. I hope that's not the end of her involvement.
    end of spoilers

I think having the entire issue also helped the story. I'm not going to lie, I was never satisfied with the broken-up digital comics since they felt like they ended too soon, while the size of this story was just right. I don't really mind waiting a month for a story like this.