Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Not sure if I dug the softer take on Deathstroke here
    I think it was softer only because Slade wanted to be seen as "softer", if the last panel is anything to go by.

Was Batgirl taking a selfie or doing her hair in front of a busted Roxy Rocket? Either way, savage .

I wouldn't put it past Dini to invent an original female sidekick for a villain, he's already created tons, but Sunny reminded me a lot of Rose Wilson/Ravager.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I think it was softer only because Slade wanted to be seen as "softer", if the last panel is anything to go by.
    This is true, but it was super transparent

It definitely was that. He's posing as some reasonable, friendly guy here, for whatever his dirty and manipulative plan is. Basically, classic Slade as far as I know.

Mighty Member

Anyone read the newest chapter? I like how they're changing Firefly, but too bad he's going to go back to using his old tech to fit in with his Justice League appearance.

I was surprised to see Deathstroke sticking around past this issue. I thought he would be done-in-one like Lex in the last issue.

Firefly looks more like his Arkham Origin's self. Although an obsession with insects is more of a Killer Moth thing.

It was nice to see the Wonderland Gang pop up in the DCAU, although I was kind of hoping we were going to be seeing Jervis in his old design...

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Think the TNBA improved on a number of things including some character designs.
    The only thing I hated about the TNBA was Catwoman's redesign

Mighty Member

Has anyone else been reading this? I was definitely curious to HOW they were going to do Jason Todd specifically after the animated series amalgamated himself and Tim Drake. I will say that the "Red Hood" origin is a bit more clever and has a bit more of a homage to someone in Jason's life rather than him taking up one of Joker's aliases. I actually had to look up the episode "Torch Song" (Firefly's origin) to see if Tim was in the episode at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Has anyone else been reading this? I was definitely curious to HOW they were going to do Jason Todd specifically after the animated series amalgamated himself and Tim Drake. I will say that the "Red Hood" origin is a bit more clever and has a bit more of a homage to someone in Jason's life rather than him taking up one of Joker's aliases. I actually had to look up the episode "Torch Song" (Firefly's origin) to see if Tim was in the episode at all.
    It is different, though the old "Jason always showed alarming signs" is kind of a put off. As that's what they did when they began setting Jason up for his death and subsequent victim blaming.

It is different, though the old "Jason always showed alarming signs" is kind of a put off. As that's what they did when they began setting Jason up for his death and subsequent victim blaming.
    Sadly, it seems to have become a staple of the character nowadays...

I missed the "trying to steal the Batmobile's tires" element...
    I think of it less as victim blaming and more to explain his personality shift as Red Hood. Technically he was showing alarming signs in his later years as Robin before his death too.

I'm copypasting my post in our Jason Todd's thread, not out of laziness, but because it's hot and late here and I'm just too tired.
    spoilers:

Call me an optimist. But I think that the writers are going to show how judgemental and wrong the bats are. I mean, even when they could, they've yet to show Jason doing something straight wrong. The worst he has done, f I recall, has been pulling out a gun to threaten a nosy, complaining gothamite in crime alley. That, and stalking them.Not that they're going to show Jason as this perfect Robin or well adjusted teenager either. But I don't think they're going to dare painting him like he deserves his fate, or that he's unredeemable, or a monster, or something. If they go with the DCAU portrayals, every one of them, even Barbara, has clear flaws in their characters. Tim's angry moods have been pointed out, for example.

I find hilarious that they've kind of given Jason Tim's own obsessiveness.
    end of spoilers

Wrong here, just in case, is meant to mean, well, not getting the facts right. Not that they're wrong individuals or something. I hope my point got across.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I'm copypasting my post in our Jason Todd's thread, not out of laziness, but because it's hot and late here and I'm just too tired.
    spoilers:

Call me an optimist. But I think that the writers are going to show how judgemental and wrong the bats are. I mean, even when they could, they've yet to show Jason doing something straight wrong. The worst he has done, f I recall, has been pulling out a gun to threaten a nosy, complaining gothamite in crime alley. That, and stalking them.Not that they're going to show Jason as this perfect Robin or well adjusted teenager either. But I don't think they're going to dare painting him like he deserves his fate, or that he's unredeemable, or a monster, or something. If they go with the DCAU portrayals, every one of them, even Barbara, has clear flaws in their characters. Tim's angry moods have been pointed out, for example.

I find hilarious that they've kind of given Jason Tim's own obsessiveness.
    end of spoilers

Wrong here, just in case, is meant to mean, well, not getting the facts right. Not that they're wrong individuals or something. I hope my point got across.
    I think it'll be a case where he's well-intentioned and not a villain, they just disagree with his methods and there's some tension there.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it'll be a case where he's well-intentioned and not a villain, they just disagree with his methods and there's some tension there.
    Yeah, that's my guess too. He's also probably disillusioned with them and wants to prove a point (that scheme he's talking about since issue three or so). It's not a wild guess. I mean, it's the usual, I think.

I haven't been following and I don't mind being spoiled. What is DCAU Jason Todd's origin in this? How are they handling Azrael and Deathstroke? Not a big fan of the latter two and their inclusion in the DCAU makes a bit nervous in how they are going to handle it.