Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Even though we got Young Justice back, why is there no comic tie-in to tide fans over between hiatuses?
    Probably to avoid confusion. Young Justice Outsiders launched at about the same time as Bendis's Young Justice comic. The YJ cartoon did have a comic when the first two seasons were running, and there was a Teen Titans Go comic to tie into the 2003 Teen Titans cartoon that lasted the duration of that show's run.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I do sometimes watch stuff by that Watchtower Database YouTube channel, where the fans running it put together a chronology that tries to fit all the DCAU shows and tie-ins into a timeline. On some of their videos, they have mentioned that specific comics just don't fit in continuity anymore, but they do seem to be as inclusive as possible. Was never sure if the Powers That Be ever gave the tie-ins any measure of canonicity or if it was just the Database people making their own judgement call. (Either way, it is pretty interesting to listen to them present their stuff.)

(Only comic based on the show I read was that crossover with the 2012 Ninja Turtles. Pretty good, although I was never sure if it was "supposed" to be in continuity, even if it did answer a few questions from the show.)
    I'd like to think that if it doesn't contradict anything, it would be worth cramming into continuity.

Why's that?
    Mainly because I think it was Templeton who introduced the Red Hood in the tie in comics...I was wondering if he's going to start from scratch or picking up from where he left off. I'll have to double check.

Maybe Jason could be Tim, so to speak?
    I think they made an action figure of Jason...I'm curious to know how that will come into play. I have to give the DCAU credit...it ended my final year in high school, but still finds ways to resurface.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think if they see success for this book they might consider more animated revivals in comic form. I wouldn't rule it out .
    I would hope that this would generate interest enough for consideration of revisiting animated series (especially those cut short like Green Lantern and Beware the Batman)... Only if they have players from the original on the team...as it is EASY to ruin a great thing. (Maybe if we're lucky Marvel will play follow the leader and revisit their animated series that were running right before the Disney buy out)

Few years ago I would have been happy with this but now.. I don´t know what to think..

I miss Justice League Beyond comic. I was interested in know more about Justice Lord Superman&Wonderwoman son.

But Jason return and Slade introduction sounds interesting..
    Last edited by adrikito; 02-18-2020 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Mainly because I think it was Templeton who introduced the Red Hood in the tie in comics...I was wondering if he's going to start from scratch or picking up from where he left off. I'll have to double check.
    I wonder if this will finally resolve the mystery of who that was.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if this will finally resolve the mystery of who that was.
    Considering this series is made to promote the figures, and Jason is Red Hood in those, I doubt it. Plus, wasn't Dan Slott involved in that story? They probably don't want to continue on a story he came up with

Mighty Member

Considering this series is made to promote the figures, and Jason is Red Hood in those, I doubt it. Plus, wasn't Dan Slott involved in that story? They probably don't want to continue on a story he came up with
    I was definitely thinking about that. There is definitely a market for the figures without the comic, I mean some characters like Deathstroke would definitely be one I could see selling for the novelty of the design in a BTAS style. I've seen Batman be both BTAS and TNBA based while the Catwoman is more BTAS based which makes me assume that they would just mix and match the two (especially for those with costumes as they are really easy to explain when it comes to design changes). I certainly hope they go with the TNBA design for Penguin should he show up.

While I don't doubt Dini's writing ability, I certainly hope that the series isn't completely dictated by the action figure line... I'm not the biggest fan of the Batman Who Laughs at all.

Dan Slott WAS involved in that story, I've forgotten about that.

I'd like to think that if it doesn't contradict anything, it would be worth cramming into continuity.
    While I don't think that's how most franchise's work (and I've heard people online argue very loudly that only stuff by the primary content creators can "count"), so far as I know, the comic would fit in with both franchises. The only real complications I'm aware of is that the old Batman cartoon is set in the 1990s and TMNT 2012 is set in the 2010s with no indication that time warps are involved (this assumes that the Watchtower's fans are correct that the dates seen/verbalized in the DCUA projects should count; the Powers That Be have admitted that they treated time and dates in the DCAU as a floating timeline) and on TMNT's perspective, Donatello's crush on Batgirl is a little at odds with his relational status in the cartoon proper (given that it was published under the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures title, it's unclear if it's meant to be a crossover with the TV show proper, or the comic book based on the show).

Guess that would answer a lot about the canonicity of the tie-ins.

I think they made an action figure of Jason...I'm curious to know how that will come into play. I have to give the DCAU credit...it ended my final year in high school, but still finds ways to resurface.
    I honestly doubt the toy would factor into anything. I mean, A.) it's just a toy (which often come with exclusive features and stuff for play value) and B.) tie-in comics are often ignored and they would seem to have more "weight" then a toy.

Not a fan of Slott's at all, but surely he has written things worth reading at some point in his career?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Default Paul Dini a few days after Dan Didio was fired is now back on Batman

I'm surprised no one has said anything about this. But Paul Dini a few days after Dan Didio was fired from DC Comics officially announced that he was back working on Batman comics.

https://www.newsarama.com/49029-paul...in-comics.html

Quote Originally Posted by ilostmyplace View Post
    I'm surprised no one has said anything about this. But Paul Dini a few days after Dan Didio was fired from DC Comics officially announced that he was back working on Batman comics.

https://www.newsarama.com/49029-paul...in-comics.html
    Those plans would have been in the works for a while.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

I'm surprised no one has said anything about this.
    You shouldn't be, because people have said things about this.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Those plans would have been in the works for a while.
    Well yes, but you forget that Jim Lee was Co-Publisher with Dan Didio. Now he is just Publisher.

Well yes, but you forget that Jim Lee was Co-Publisher with Dan Didio. Now he is just Publisher.
    And? Dan was still co-publisher when Dini accepted the job. It was still status quo when he took the work. Dan's termination has nothing to do with Dini working on the book.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

BANNED

Not really, you can still make deals knowing that someone is getting canned and not tell the person that getting fired. Dan was still doing I think the DC Comic blog when they finally told him he was fired. There where rummers leading up to Dan being fired. Maybe someone told Jim and Jim to start making deals with Paul, knowing Dan what's it going to be with the company anymore. Don't forget that there were rummers that Dan was running around saying that DC would never fire him no matter what especially sents he got Paul fired from DC comics in the first place.