Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, Riddler looks better in a suit. He barely appeared with his TNBA design anyways.
    To the utmost, I agree. Ideally, Nygma in his suit is best.

But don't forget the derby & domino mask, as well:

Last edited by K7P5V; 03-26-2020 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Fashion critic.

BANNED

I can't wait for the HC editions, i hope DC will make them Deluxes. Keep them rolling I haven't been this excited about a bat book for a long time.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    I can't wait for the HC editions, i hope DC will make them Deluxes. Keep them rolling I haven't been this excited about a bat book for a long time.
    Same here!

Extraordinary Member

I just realised that this series is digital fist, with the fist digital issue being punished today.

Does anybody what the schedule for the digital release is? DC doesn't seem to announce them in their solicitations.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I just realised that this series is digital fist, with the fist digital issue being punished today.

Does anybody what the schedule for the digital release is? DC doesn't seem to announce them in their solicitations.
    Digital series released by chapters are usually weekly

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I loved the first issue, they proved they still really have it as I could hear all the voices i my head just reading the dialogue.

I liked it, it was fun, felt like the animated series.

I've got the impression that Jason isn't in Gotham to avenge anything regarding himself. For whatever reason he's back in the city, it's not the same as it was in the DCU. Just my gut feeling, though.
    I also wonder if this is post "Return of the Joker"-flashback, because Tim is accounted as a ward of Bruce, but he isn't with him anywhere when he's Batmann neither in the manor nor in the city. So if this is post-Joker incident, it's going to be interesting, where this Jason could go. This Tim could a wreck at the moment, having paid too much for being a Robin.

Censorship Sucks

I liked the story but man did it feel like it ended very quick. My only gripe was the different Batmobile. I really want the classic Batman animated series batmobile back!!!

Astonishing Member

This was great. Punchy, to the point, straightforward storytelling. I think it had "just enough" complexity, that came in once the opening act settled down, and promises to continue developing. I didn't anticipate Luthor. I also forget how much I adore Clancy Brown Luthor. Depending on the artistic rendition of Luthor I kind of mix and match which voice I hear when he talks, and I think that he's an easy character to "get right" but a hard character to get "really really really right". So immediately getting that recognition while reading along and having that clarity of voice gave me some serious nostalgia.

Funny tangent: I heard Billy West's voice when Jason was inner monologuing, presuming that's Jason.

So it's fun solid stuff that promises to build on itself but keep the purpose and storytelling pretty concise, which I adore. The art is gorgeous. That design-work still holds up - TAS Luthor's armor is a lot slicker than most modern in-comics variations with all their greeblies and bits. I also still prefer the tension that comes with a Luthor who is a legit businessman ... but whose reputation is maligned by newspapers here and there.

This feels like it's either the next episode of New Adventures, between New Adventures and Justice League ... or the continuing "private" adventures of Batman once Justice League has got going. Obviously there's no evidence it's within Justice League timeline - the only specifics are that World's Finest (greatest Batman/Superman first meeting story of all time) - has occurred.

We can probably also surmise from the opening that, TAS Bane is a huge chump and has already had his ass kicked by Superman dressed as Batman. I mean we can surely surmise that, I just wanted to bring it up because that too is one of my favorite episodes.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

We got a brief look at Jason, though what his involvement will be is hard to say.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I liked it, it was fun, felt like the animated series.

I've got the impression that Jason isn't in Gotham to avenge anything regarding himself. For whatever reason he's back in the city, it's not the same as it was in the DCU. Just my gut feeling, though.
    I also wonder if this is post "Return of the Joker"-flashback, because Tim is accounted as a ward of Bruce, but he isn't with him anywhere when he's Batmann neither in the manor nor in the city. So if this is post-Joker incident, it's going to be interesting, where this Jason could go. This Tim could a wreck at the moment, having paid too much for being a Robin.
    It would be more interesting post Return of the Joker, we'll have to see.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 04-01-2020 at 03:24 PM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

The series is set before the Return of the Joker events

Templeton adds: “It’s fun that it doesn’t feel like we have to deal with the 15 year gap since we told stories with these characters. We can just feel like we just stepped into these things yesterday, because the shows and comics are always out there. They never go away. I didn’t want it to feel like there’s a big gap and Batman was old and Tim was in his 30’s or anything like that. I’m really happy it just feels like the next day.” (To clarify even further, the comic takes place before the traumatic flashback events in Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker).
    https://ew.com/books/2020/02/13/batm...-ty-templeton/

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    The series is set before the Return of the Joker events

https://ew.com/books/2020/02/13/batm...-ty-templeton/
    Oh.
    Weird. I read that interview, but apparently I forgot that part.
    Hmmm... I wonder how it's going to fit it all.
    Would've preferred after, not before. But, well, let's see how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Me too, actually. I mean, it's really not that important. But, I'd be interested in knowing what prompted the change.
    My understanding is that the real universe reason was to make him look scarier (I think they were even toying with the possibility that the Scarecrow was no longer human). The Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles miniseries did provide an in-universe explanation.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    The Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles miniseries did provide an in-universe explanation.
    Assuming Dini and Burnett think of it as canon, of course.