Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Batman: The Adventure Continues

Batman: The Animated Series returns in comic format for a continuation penned by Paul Dini and Alan Burnett with pencils by Ty Templeton.

The series will introduce Jason Todd, Azrael, and Deathstroke to the animated continuity.

I don't really care for this type of project usually, but that creative team really catches my attention. If the series does well, I may end up buying the collected edition
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Colour me very excited . Looking forward to it.

Mighty Member

I'm really interested in this. I'm actually curious if they will make ANY references to some of the comics that were based on the show or if they will ignore them. Especially concerning the Red Hood and how Jason Todd will fit into any of it.

If it wasn't for the creators I wouldn't even give this a second glance....loved the cartoon (not much of a cartoon guy, but that was a good show) but comic adaptations rarely are as enjoyable.

But I might have to check this one out. Especially if Nightwing plays a solid role.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    If it wasn't for the creators I wouldn't even give this a second glance....loved the cartoon (not much of a cartoon guy, but that was a good show) but comic adaptations rarely are as enjoyable.

But I might have to check this one out. Especially if Nightwing plays a solid role.
    I think it really depends on the creative team. This is a top notch creative team, and in the 90s/2000s, we had Kelley Puckett and Rick Burchett, another top notch team. Sholly Fisch is another person I'd tend to trust with this project. A bunch of others, though? Not so much. And honestly, I wouldn't even trust Bruce Timm anymore, after Batman and Harley Quinn and The Killing Joke.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

I have immense faith in Paul Dini and Alan Burnett to be able to deliver a worthwhile continuation.

BANNED

Default Paul Dini a few days after Dan Didio was fired is now back on Batman

I'm surprised no one has said anything about this. But Paul Dini a few days after Dan Didio was fired from DC Comics officially announced that he was back working on Batman comics.

https://www.newsarama.com/49029-paul...in-comics.html

Quote Originally Posted by ilostmyplace View Post
    I'm surprised no one has said anything about this. But Paul Dini a few days after Dan Didio was fired from DC Comics officially announced that he was back working on Batman comics.

https://www.newsarama.com/49029-paul...in-comics.html
    Those plans would have been in the works for a while.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Those plans would have been in the works for a while.
    Well yes, but you forget that Jim Lee was Co-Publisher with Dan Didio. Now he is just Publisher.

Well yes, but you forget that Jim Lee was Co-Publisher with Dan Didio. Now he is just Publisher.
    And? Dan was still co-publisher when Dini accepted the job. It was still status quo when he took the work. Dan's termination has nothing to do with Dini working on the book.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

BANNED

Not really, you can still make deals knowing that someone is getting canned and not tell the person that getting fired. Dan was still doing I think the DC Comic blog when they finally told him he was fired. There where rummers leading up to Dan being fired. Maybe someone told Jim and Jim to start making deals with Paul, knowing Dan what's it going to be with the company anymore. Don't forget that there were rummers that Dan was running around saying that DC would never fire him no matter what especially sents he got Paul fired from DC comics in the first place.

Not really, you can still make deals knowing that someone is getting canned and not tell the person that getting fired. Dan was still doing I think the DC Comic blog when they finally told him he was fired. There where rummers leading up to Dan being fired. Maybe someone told Jim and Jim to start making deals with Paul, knowing Dan what's it going to be with the company anymore. Don't forget that there were rummers that Dan was running around saying that DC would never fire him no matter what especially sents he got Paul fired from DC comics in the first place.
    That's a lot of speculation and assumption for something the facts don't support. There have been rumors for years of Dan getting fired. It's nothing new.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans