Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Introducing 1000 Robins? That takes away from what made TNA era good. What's even the point then why not just tell modern Batman stories? smh
    They said nothing about a new Robin. They even may or may not ar hinting to Jason not being the Red Hood (not happening, he even has a toy already, apparently). Let's see how it works.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

They should just bring the show back.

What a great creative team

Haven't bought anything but Star Wars related comics in over a year (Ric really bummed me out) but I'm in for this mini-series.

Incredible Member

HYPED!!

God all I've wanted is a book that presents the "core iconic" Gotham team of Batman, Robin, Batgirl, and Nightwing with room for extra players in the margins.

I hope this is also an opportunity for Dini to give the BTAS version of Tim Drake some more characteristics that distinguish him from the main universe Jason Todd, since he basically absorbed his origin. I wonder if this version of Jason will be someone who was killed by The Joker and resurrected... I kind of hope they find a new way to explain Jason's fractured ties to Bruce, since again the "Robin falls to the Joker" is already sort of done in this universe with Tim in "Return of the Joker." Although I suppose it could work if history essentially repeated itself with Tim but idk.

Unlike the main continuity, the DCAU isn't tainted by every character having died and returned to life... it'd be nice to keep it that tidy and grounded.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    I guess I have a similar sense of humor because I liked Batman & Harley too.
    Truly, good sir and/or madam, we are surrounded by uncultured philistines.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodOps View Post
    What a great creative team

Haven't bought anything but Star Wars related comics in over a year (Ric really bummed me out) but I'm in for this mini-series.
    I actually have nothing to say about your comment here, but is your avatar....is that 90's art star Joe Mad drawing Nightwing? Where did this art come from?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

*clap* *the* *clap* *true* *clap* *bat* *clap* *family* *clap* *returns*
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 02-14-2020 at 03:02 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I’m loving the way this sounds...

...But I’m also really, really, praying that Dini doesn’t touch the Babs/Bruce relationship that the DCAU invoked at any level.

That’s like the one single element that I always found just got worse the more they delved into it.

Because the second I saw Batgirl on that cover, I had flashbacks of the Batman Beyond comics deciding that’s Babs getting pregnant and suffering a miscarriage by Bruce, or of Timm and co. doing what they did in their Killing Joke adapatation.

It was only ever useful for one maybe semi-decent reveal for why Babs and Bruce were embittered in the Beyond Cartoon, but otherwise it’s just always a mess.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Incredible Member

Will I finally see Killer Moth, BTAS style and continuity?

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I’m loving the way this sounds...

...But I’m also really, really, praying that Dini doesn’t touch the Babs/Bruce relationship that the DCAU invoked at any level.

That’s like the one single element that I always found just got worse the more they delved into it.

Because the second I saw Batgirl on that cover, I had flashbacks of the Batman Beyond comics deciding that’s Babs getting pregnant and suffering a miscarriage by Bruce, or of Timm and co. doing what they did in their Killing Joke adapatation.

It was only ever useful for one maybe semi-decent reveal for why Babs and Bruce were embittered in the Beyond Cartoon, but otherwise it’s just always a mess.
    If Timm were writing it, he probably would've thrown the relationship in there, but I have faith Dini and Burnett won't go for it in any overt manner.

Astonishing Member

I'll be buying this. Love B:TAS and Paul Dini's one of the great Batman writers ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Colour me very excited . Looking forward to it.
    A dream become true.
    My thoughts exactly. Finally, my patience has paid off.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I think it really depends on the creative team. This is a top notch creative team, and in the 90s/2000s, we had Kelley Puckett and Rick Burchett, another top notch team. Sholly Fisch is another person I'd tend to trust with this project. A bunch of others, though? Not so much. And honestly, I wouldn't even trust Bruce Timm anymore, after Batman and Harley Quinn and The Killing Joke.
    From my experience, every one of those DCAU tie-in comics felt like high-quality stuff with lots of effort put forth by the creative teams.

Considering the time period, those were still great years and well worth the purchase (IMHO).
    Last edited by K7P5V; 02-14-2020 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Added clarification.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I forget that TNBA has 90s Nightwing. That hair is the second thing I don't like about this animation era. The first thing is BruceBabs romance.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I forget that TNBA has 90s Nightwing. That hair is the second thing I don't like about this animation era. The first thing is BruceBabs romance.
    At least, the mullet wasn't much of a eyesore under Timm's style. I can't say I liked it, but still. And the costume was pretty nice looking, to be honest.

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The third one was the animal rights activist Catwoman; but that was WB fault.