Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Lol. That mullet was Glorious!
    Damn straight.

I'll take long hair (not a mullet, but long hair) over the crap haircuts Dick's had in recent years.

Also, that Dan Mora cover is legit. Why isn't this guy doing more interiors? I'd pay good money to get him on a Nightwing book.

Or Superman.

Pretty much anything, really. Dude is one of the best artists in the industry right now.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It'll be nice to read about a consistently likeable Batman again.
    It's kind of sad that THIS Batman is the one who canonically ends up miserable, old and alone.

He's the one who deserves a happy ending with Selina and the extended family. I liked Beyond, but I personally prefer to think of it as a possible future than one that is set in stone for DCAU Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Since they will (probably) never make another Batman cartoon as good as B:TAS, should they reboot/refresh the show?

They could return to the source material...

Use lost ideas like Black Canary and Nocturna...

They could write Catwoman better this time...

Maybe Batman could lose the underoos...

just a thought
    I would love a show where Batman is already working with Tim Drake, Oracle and Nightwing but I don't think I want a reboot/refresh of the old show or it being set in that continuity. I don't want an already good thing to be messed up plus I think newer shows should just try to do their own thing.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Damn straight.

I'll take long hair (not a mullet, but long hair) over the crap haircuts Dick's had in recent years.

Also, that Dan Mora cover is legit. Why isn't this guy doing more interiors? I'd pay good money to get him on a Nightwing book.

Or Superman.

Pretty much anything, really. Dude is one of the best artists in the industry right now.
    I've been wanting Mora on a lot of stuff. I've been reading The Terrifics in trade but I picked up the most recent issue just because I needed some more of his art in my life now that Once and Future is taking a break.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It'll be nice to read about a consistently likeable Batman again.
    Absolutely; where they actually work together and have shared history.

Also BTAS Tim is my fav Tim

May have to give this a try. This should at least be fun which is a breath of fresh air from the other mess DC is putting out these days.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It's kind of sad that THIS Batman is the one who canonically ends up miserable, old and alone.

He's the one who deserves a happy ending with Selina and the extended family. I liked Beyond, but I personally prefer to think of it as a possible future than one that is set in stone for DCAU Bruce.
    Well, to be fair, the Return of the Joker movie did show that the DCAU Bruce was able to eventually reconcile with Barbara and Tim, and did maintain a positive relationship with Terry. He might've burned bridges with some people forever, but he was able to make some amends before the end.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I've been wanting Mora on a lot of stuff. I've been reading The Terrifics in trade but I picked up the most recent issue just because I needed some more of his art in my life now that Once and Future is taking a break.
    Sh*t is that his art?? I never even realized! No wonder I enjoyed the issue so much.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Mighty Member

Good stuff. I'm looking forward to see how characters like Jason Tood, Deathstroke, and Azrael fit into the DCAU. I like their designs as well. I wonder if we'll see more comics, since the line will also include a vampire Batman (unmade Nocturna story?) and The Batman Who Laughs, also designed by Templeton.

I know there's no way this is going to happen, but I also wish DC showed more love towards their non-DCAU cartoons. There's much fertile ground for storytelling from shows that were cut short like Green Lantern: The Animated Series, Beware the Batman, or Legion of Super Heroes. Even though we got Young Justice back, why is there no comic tie-in to tide fans over between hiatuses?

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Good stuff. I'm looking forward to see how characters like Jason Tood, Deathstroke, and Azrael fit into the DCAU. I like their designs as well. I wonder if we'll see more comics, since the line will also include a vampire Batman (unmade Nocturna story?) and The Batman Who Laughs, also designed by Templeton.

I know there's no way this is going to happen, but I also wish DC showed more love towards their non-DCAU cartoons. There's much fertile ground for storytelling from shows that were cut short like Green Lantern: The Animated Series, Beware the Batman, or Legion of Super Heroes. Even though we got Young Justice back, why is there no comic tie-in to tide fans over between hiatuses?
    Also, don't forget Batman: The Brave & The Bold (if only to see the return of the SHAZAM!/Marvel Family):

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-15-2020 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Made a correction.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Sh*t is that his art?? I never even realized! No wonder I enjoyed the issue so much.
    Absolutely. He's a treasure. I've been following him from Klaus to Once and Future and he's my pick for a Nightwing interior artist if Travis Moore doesn't stick around.

Incredible Member

This, if done well, will be most welcome.
    Especially considering the current state of the main Batman book.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    This, if done well, will be most welcome.
    Especially considering the current state of the main Batman book.
    Current state of DC as a whole.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Current state of DC as a whole.
    I was about to challenge your comment but all examples I came up with are out of continuity/ Black Label:
    Curse of the White Knight
    Batman's Grave (snail pace but still good)
    Far Sector
    Joker - Harley - Criminal Sanity
    Last God
    Deaths of Vic Sage

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post

I think if they see success for this book they might consider more animated revivals in comic form. I wouldn't rule it out .