Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hellboy and the BPRD: Her Fatal Hour

“Don't mess with me, lady. I've been drinking with skeletons.” -- Hellboy.
    “Dude, you’re embarrassing me in front of the Wizards.” -- Tony Stark.

Ah, excellent... This should be enough now to round out a new Hellboy and the B.P.R.D. trade paperback for September or October.

Artist Tiernen Trevallion is selling prints of his Hellboy and the B.P.R.D.: Her Fatal Hour and The Sending cover. 17 x 11.5 inch, high quality Giclée art print, signed and numbered. Comes with an A5 sketch (5-7/8 x 8-1/4 inches). £40 plus postage. Contact him via direct message on Facebook if you're interested.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Do we know when this is actually coming out?

Wednesday next week.

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    Artist Tiernen Trevallion is selling prints of his Hellboy and the B.P.R.D.: Her Fatal Hour and The Sending cover. 17 x 11.5 inch, high quality Giclée art print, signed and numbered. Comes with an A5 sketch (5-7/8 x 8-1/4 inches). £40 plus postage. Contact him via direct message on Facebook if you're interested.
    I ordered a print from Tiernan! He's not taking requests on the sketch, but he said it will be someone in the Mignolaverse. I'm excited to see who I get.

Here's an interview about the upcoming issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by topfueluhl View Post
    I ordered a print from Tiernan! He's not taking requests on the sketch, but he said it will be someone in the Mignolaverse. I'm excited to see who I get.
    Nice! You'll have to show it off when it arrives.

So this came out. Did you guys like it?

It was fun, nothing new, but these stories are always enjoyable as long as the art is good. And Tevallion is a nice cross between Mignola and Fegrado.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    So this came out. Did you guys like it?
    It really reminded me of the shorts Mignola used to do in Dark Horse Presents back in the day. Both stories were short and sweet; a bit of folklore, monster shows up and Hellboy punches it, and then Hellboy gets thrown around a bit before winning almost by accident.

It's funny how much better these little shorts are than the big arcs by other people.

We know the formula (you just described it!) and you can kind of check the Mignola aesthetic boxes, but I'd still rather read these every so often than anything else currently being done in the Mignola-verse.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    It's funny how much better these little shorts are than the big arcs by other people.

We know the formula (you just described it!) and you can kind of check the Mignola aesthetic boxes, but I'd still rather read these every so often than anything else currently being done in the Mignola-verse.
    The one shots definitely feel more like Mignola has a direct hand in them and feel more like they're in his voice than a lot of the most of the recent Hellboy and the BPRD stories.

Because they are! The difference between actually written by Mignola and not isn't hard to spot!

I loved this issue! I think Tiernen's art fits nicely into the 'verse.

Just picked it up yesterday but haven't had a chance to read it yet.