Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Default THE IRON MASK Trailer Starring Jackie Chan and Arnold Schwarzenegger

I think this is going to be the greatest movie of all time

Last edited by Godzilla2099; 02-13-2020 at 02:57 PM.

Isn't this a sequel to a movie that bombed last year?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Is this expected to make a ton of money in China or something cuz otherwise it looks like an expensive straight-to-DVD (yes, DVD!) movie...

This looks like two movies shoved together. The Jackie/Arnold stuff looks completely divorced from the other plot.

Jackie Chan, my childhood hero relegated to this.........sigh.....
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Jackie Chan, my childhood hero relegated to this.........sigh.....
    Eh, it's not like his other films were written by Shakespeare or anything so quality wise it really isn't much of a come down other than the bad cgi.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Isn't this a sequel to a movie that bombed last year?
    What movie

And yes it looks like jackie and Arnold are in they're own movies compared to everything else going on
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 02-13-2020 at 09:41 PM.

What the heck did I just watch?!
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This looks like two movies shoved together. The Jackie/Arnold stuff looks completely divorced from the other plot.
    I THINK its going to be something like....

Evil Empress is letting westerners have greater access to the Silk Road and thus become rich, as a favour for her could they lock up Chan who knows she wants to summon a dragon and rule the world. Meanwhile the girl and scholar discover this themselves whilst going around china, Chan escapes and Arnie chases with everyone meeting up and having a GOTG moment of "Oh **** we all live in this world, better stop her"

Astonishing Member

What happened to my heroes? Sad....

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yes, this reminds me of a movie called, I think, "Buck Privates". Apparently, the whole movie had been filmed but the studio did not think it would do well so they brought in Abbot and Costello, filmed extra scenes with them and inserted them into the movie. There was a certain feeling of two separate movies but the scenes were integrated well enough that it's not extremely obvious. But, yes, this trailer gives the feeling of Arnold and Jackie having nothing to do with the main plot.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    What movie

And yes it looks like jackie and Arnold are in they're own movies compared to everything else going on
    It's a sequel to Stepchenko's 2014 film called The Forbidden Empire or Viy is Russia. It did very well in Russia but bombed overseas.

The original movie was inspired by the 19th century horror novella Viy about a demonic creature with long eyelids. While previous adaptations of Viy leaned more towards horror, Stepchenko's movies are more like Harry Potter meets Jumanji meets Pirates of the Caribbean. They decided to go all out with a sequel called Viy 2: Journey to China. Arnold and Jackie are basically cameo parts and their part is very small compared to Jason Flemyng, Charles Dance, Helen Yao, and Rutger Hauer's roles. Jackie is a kung fu wizard that fights Arnold's Captain Hook pirate for historical artifacts.

It bombed overseas already and got terrible reviews with lots of people stating they thought it starred Jackie and Arnold, only to find out their scene is barely longer than the trailer. It's direct to stream via Universal in the US on April 10th.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Lets see ... a dragon, Chinese woman riding a dragon, knives shooting around in slow motion, wagons with extraneous wheels riding on ice and sand, and Jackie and Ahnold swordfighting and fighting and fighting and joking - SOLD!
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 02-14-2020 at 01:08 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Incredible Member

This seems like a film that has so much potential because of the concept but fails due to poor execution of the screenplay.

Also, on another note: Why in the hell hasn't Jackie Chan made a series of live action movies based on his old animated series from Kids WB!
    Last edited by ComicJunkie21; 02-14-2020 at 01:18 PM.

Looks like a cosplaying Arnold stumbled onto the set of a very low-grade Chinese bankrolled Sy-Fy tv special.