Default Joe Shimamura (Cyborg 009) vs Shinra Kusakabe (Fire Force)

The lightspeed cyborg vs the lightspeed pyrokinetic in a battle of friction and firepower. Standard equipment for each. Who wins.
    There is no "overkill". There is only "open fire" and "I need to reload.".

I like to think the 90s was the time when comics hit puberty. They’d grown out of being endearing but hadn’t yet figured out where to channel their emotions to not be utterly whiny cocks. -Beadle

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

wait a tick? i know i fell off fire force a bit but...........shinra's lightspeed now?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    wait a tick? i know i fell off fire force a bit but...........shinra's lightspeed now?
    He can use the Adolla Burst to move at light speed in bursts. But it's not something he does very often though, I think he only used it against Sho's time slowing ability. And things get weird when he uses it because he breaks all kinds of laws of physics.

So it's not like he can move around causally at light speed (his body does after all get split into subatomic particles during it and is then reasembled at the end of the use). But he does have light speed capabilities.

Fire Force is weird and wild.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    He can use the Adolla Burst to move at light speed in bursts. But it's not something he does very often though, I think he only used it against Sho's time slowing ability. And things get weird when he uses it because he breaks all kinds of laws of physics.

So it's not like he can move around causally at light speed (his body does after all get split into subatomic particles during it and is then reasembled at the end of the use). But he does have light speed capabilities.

ok, now i need to get back into fire force again.

Sounds like Accelerator Mode would be more maneuverable then. This might come down to who can get their blitz going first.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    ok, now i need to get back into fire force again.
    Ditto. O_o
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Ditto. O_o
    Did you guys fall off super early? The whole light speed bit happened ages ago.

I will note that Shinra hasn't used it since his encounter with Sho, that I can recall, and he certainly doesn't have anywhere near the feats otherwise that would indicate his movement being anywhere near C or exceeding it.

009 should mess him up because he has more and better speed feats and his super speed actually works like conventional super speed.

Extraordinary Member

It should also be noted that it's possible Shinra only activated his light speed bursts because his and Sho's Adolla links were reacting to eachother.

It should also be noted that it's possible Shinra only activated his light speed bursts because his and Sho's Adolla links were reacting to eachother.
    Yes, the nature of Adolla is... still kind of murky... in terms of what it does and how it effects the powers of those who are tapped into it. Given how he's not done anything like it since, I would argue that it's a very contextual thing which shouldn't really be possible under arena conditions sans Sho or without OP specifying that it is active for the sake of the thread.

In either case, 009 is much faster more consistently so I would expect Shinra to get blitzed into pieces before he can activate whatever Adolla based stuff he has.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Did you guys fall off super early? The whole light speed bit happened ages ago.

I will note that Shinra hasn't used it since his encounter with Sho, that I can recall, and he certainly doesn't have anywhere near the feats otherwise that would indicate his movement being anywhere near C or exceeding it.

009 should mess him up because he has more and better speed feats and his super speed actually works like conventional super speed.
    Nah, I fell off after Chapter 122 (I've been distracted by other manga since then and keep forgetting to get back to it), but I always thought the Adolla Burst speed feat was an outlier since he hasn't repeated it since. The reason I was surprised is because you guys made it sound like he was using it often enough now to qualify as being legitimately FTL rather than it being SMvFL.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Nah, I fell off after Chapter 122 (I've been distracted by other manga since then and keep forgetting to get back to it), but I always thought the Adolla Burst speed feat was an outlier since he hasn't repeated it since. The reason I was surprised is because you guys made it sound like he was using it often enough now to qualify as being legitimately FTL rather than it being SMvFL.
    I was going to say, I felt sure I recalled both you and MoR talking about the series at that time.

As noted in the thread, I personally hold big old asterisks next Shinra's lightspeed stuff myself.

He used it again in chapter 121 against Tempeh, but I will note he can only exceed light speed with either Ameteratsu or the Preacher's protection. or he runs the risk of....dying.
    There is no "overkill". There is only "open fire" and "I need to reload.".

I like to think the 90s was the time when comics hit puberty. They’d grown out of being endearing but hadn’t yet figured out where to channel their emotions to not be utterly whiny cocks. -Beadle