Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Matt Reeves Reveals Batsuit for The Batman

Im getting Arkham video game vibes from the suit. The head looked a little off though. Have to wait and see it with better lighting. But looks good

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I am glad they are going for the more armored look. It just make sense Batman would have some sort of light armor on in this day and age.

BANNED

The logo lacks a head. Without the head at the center-top, it's a Nightwing logo. I guess they kind of want to suggest that the Mask-Helmet is the head of the logo.

Didn't get a look at the ears, but my sense is that it's kind of like Bob Kane's mask look, i.e. the ears are angled out rather than two pointy little fin-horns.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I like that the cape has a collar, that definitely looked cool. Is the batsymbol on his chest also a batarang? It looked like it could pop out.

And a BIG plus no glitter!!!!! Nice intro though I like it.
    Hail Hydra!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I like that the cape has a collar, that definitely looked cool. Is the batsymbol on his chest also a batarang? It looked like it could pop out.
    Freeze frame it. Looks like it might be broken down parts of a gun and shaped it to fit the logo. Maybe the gun that killed his parents. But it's a not a batarang. It's two peices

the-batman-robert-pattinson-chest-logo-1207018.jpeg.jpg
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 02-13-2020 at 09:34 PM.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Oh boy, so torn on this. Generic theme

BANNED

Batman's fist logo in the Golden age had no ears.

Ultimate Member

I like it.

Robert Pattinson looks skinny. He did not buff up for the role. I like his Batman's look better than Ben Affleck. Christian Bale still looked the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    Robert Pattinson looks skinny. He did not buff up for the role. I like his Batman's look better than Ben Affleck. Christian Bale still looked the best.
    Much rather A Lean ripped Batman then the steroid Batman we got from Afflek(Loved his costume though). Batman should be agile and quick. Affleks batman was the closes thing we gotten to a live action batman moving and fighting like Batman from the comics. But it looked weird at times becuase he was so bulky. You can google photos of Pattinson from 2018 where he already had a good enough body for a lean Batman. I'm sure he got even more shredded in preperation for this. His body type is fine for a more authentic take. You cant tell much from that teaser, they jsut wanted to get soemthing out there before less flattering set photos start leaking.

Niffleheim

Pattinson should have played Terry McGinnis his body type suits that character to a T. There is no way i can believe he is Batman when his jaw looks so fragile and delicate.

I'm cool with a thinner Batman, though I would have liked a less bulky suit to go with it. A major part of the Bat-Mythos is that he was trained in part by ninjas and there aren't many buff ninjas out there. I'd be happy if they played that aspect up a bit more. I know Nolan did, but it kind of went away after Begins.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Freeze frame it. Looks like it might be broken down parts of a gun and shaped it to fit the logo. Maybe the gun that killed his parents. But it's a not a batarang. It's two peices

the-batman-robert-pattinson-chest-logo-1207018.jpeg.jpg
    Definitely looks like a gun there and I hope you're wrong about the gun that killed his parents angle, that level of morbidness has always seemed juvenile.