Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Freeze frame it. Looks like it might be broken down parts of a gun and shaped it to fit the logo. Maybe the gun that killed his parents. But it's a not a batarang. It's two peices

Attachment 93140
    Kevin Smith actually established the symbol was forged from the gun that killed the Waynes in his Detective Comics 1000 story.
    Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    One thing we haven't seen is him truly be an amazing detective. With the movie supposedly being based off of the Long Halloween storyline we may actually get that.
    Yeah, Reeves has emphasized a lot that this is a detective story.

I genuinely don't get how people are seeing the symbol as gun parts. The "grip" portion doesn't look big enough to hold a magazine, which would mean it's a revolver, but then there's just a flat space where the cylinder would be.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

I assumed it was going to be like Spider-Man's drone or it turns into his grapple gun.

Or it could be nothing.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Doesn't look like a gun or gun parts. I've seen guns, and I'm not seeing one here.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    I genuinely don't get how people are seeing the symbol as gun parts. The "grip" portion doesn't look big enough to hold a magazine, which would mean it's a revolver, but then there's just a flat space where the cylinder would be.
    I dont think its suppose to be a pristine gun or even just cut. Looks like it's been melted down with only details on outter most side still holding form. So the way it flairs out to the wings could just be from the metal melting and filling in a mold. He just did didnt melt it enough to lose all details. If I'm being honest looks like he sliced it down the middle and then layed both halves in a mold and melted it enough to fill in the mold. It's clearly not a a batarang, maybe they pop and come together to make a Grapel gun of some kinda. We dont know what going on under the metal shell... so who knows but looks like warped melted down gun parts to me.

There is also some leaked set footage people are trying to connect to Joker. A bunch of dudes with face paint and big smiles drawn on gang jumping some jogger. But its Blsck and White paint, I think they are just Penguins Gang.. people are reading too much into the smile
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 02-14-2020 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I don't think Superman and Wonder Woman have the same problem as Batman in terms of exposure.

In the case of Superman, everything is still frozen in a Reeve-Donner timewarp with that first movie determining and shaping how the rest of the followups, reboots, sequels should be like, preventing for instance a comics accurate version of Luthor (who is never shown building anything), Lois, the Fortress of Solitude, or other characters. We've never had Brainiac or Mxyzsptlk among others.

In the case of Wonder Woman it's even less than that, considering how much time had to pass before they got to give her her own solo movie with Patty Jenkins.

Whereas Batman has had multiple movies, multiple stories, and many different takes on a huge chunk of his rogues gallery. So on the whole I think we've got all the stories we ever wanted from Batman in some audio-visual version.
    -- From Jack Nicholson to Heath Ledger to Joaquin Phoenix to Mark Hamill, we've had all the Joker we will ever want or need.
    -- Catwoman has been done justice by Michelle Pfeiffer and Anne Hathaway not to mention Julie Newmar, Eartha Kitt, and others.
    -- Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy gave Batman an ending. The DCAU cartoons from BTAS to Batman Beyond to JLU Epilogue also gave Batman an ending. The Batman Arkham games also gave him an ending.
    -- Zack Snyder, bless him and curse him, did "The Batgod" and poisoned the well for it in BVSDOJ so that you won't be seeing Batman beating Superman or any TDKR version any time soon.

So what else is there to look forward to? Aside from doing a version where Bruce Wayne is born poor, or he's African-American or Asian-American, there's really not a lot of interest left in the story.
    What do you mean we? Maybe you got all you could ever want, but don't go making assumptions that the rest of us have or ever will have enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    There is also some leaked set footage people are trying to connect to Joker. A bunch of dudes with face paint and big smiles drawn on gang jumping some jogger. But its Blsck and White paint, I think they are just Penguins Gang.. people are reading too much into the smile
    Yeah, no way they do Joker this soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    What do you mean we? Maybe you got all you could ever want, but don't go making assumptions that the rest of us have or ever will have enough.
    Yea I Agree. I haven't even had a Batman I completely liked in live action yet. Between Ledger and Hamil Jokers been done well enough for me but that's it. Every other Batman villians I think can be done way better then what we have got. Some of them like Scarecrow,Bane, and Ra's might have been done well for the movie they were in but they for sure werent that accurate... for my taste atleast.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I agree with you 100%. We have over 80 years of story content that can be pulled from and adapted. DC has done a great job of reinventing their characters and stories over the years to keep many of us engaged.

Personally, I feel like films about Batman, Joker, and Superman are equivalent to Broadway productions, you don't go strictly to see how the story ends you go to see and evaluate the journey including how the actors embody the characters while simultaneously making the character their own.

The suit looks interesting, I like what little we were shown of it. But I don't like the red filter.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Pattinson should have played Terry McGinnis his body type suits that character to a T. There is no way i can believe he is Batman when his jaw looks so fragile and delicate.
    Terry McGinnis or Dick Grayson.

First Ben was too Old. Now Pattinson looks too young and small sized.

BANNED

Robert Pattinson is 33 years old, and in the comics Batman is eternally between 30-40 in terms of age, except for Old Batman in Miller's TDKR who is pushing 60 at the start of that comic.

I don't think he's right for Terry McGinnis. McGinnis needs an actor between 18-25 to make work, think Tom Holland (who is aging out soon).

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Robert Pattinson is 33 years old, and in the comics Batman is eternally between 30-40 in terms of age, except for Old Batman in Miller's TDKR who is pushing 60 at the start of that comic.

I don't think he's right for Terry McGinnis. McGinnis needs an actor between 18-25 to make work, think Tom Holland (who is aging out soon).
    The actors face says it all. Its not the age. Pattinson is 33, he could still play a teenager. He looks too young. Christian Bale was 28 but he looks much older than Pattinson does now when Bale was 28.

The Batman logo sucks. Beyond that no real other thoughts as there's nothing new here. Very ho-hum. This whole project still seems incredibly superfluous.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    A major part of the Bat-Mythos is that he was trained in part by ninjas and there aren't many buff ninjas out there.\
    Tell that to the Lego Batman Movie
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)