Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant_Lover View Post
    Attachment 100109

That said, have we spoken about the potential reunion?
    https://www.cbr.com/x-men-excalibur-...rstar-reunion/
    Thank you for posting! Juicy juicy.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I saw that teaser, and while I think and hope it could be Star, and he's certainly been foreshadowed, I'm not sure that's him. From the panel that was posted whoever it is seems to be a close friend of Gambit, and AFAIK, Star and Remy have never even met properly.
    That’s interesting because of this quote :
    “ Excalibur writer Tini Howard commented on To's post soon after, writing, "The boys! They're back!"”

And I can’t think who Gambit would be close enough to to warrant that? Unless it’s just my love for Rictor/Shatterstar that’s blinding me.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant_Lover View Post
    That’s interesting because of this quote :
    “ Excalibur writer Tini Howard commented on To's post soon after, writing, "The boys! They're back!"”

And I can’t think who Gambit would be close enough to to warrant that? Unless it’s just my love for Rictor/Shatterstar that’s blinding me.
    Gambit's cats?

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I mean, it's a rough sketch so it could change, but neither character looks like Star, neither has the starburst tattoo. And in To's original twitter post: https://twitter.com/marcusto/status/1296305469510877184 he put a Gambit animation on there, and the character on the right looks like To's Gambit. I'm guessing that's Rictor on the left, and they/the team are being reunited after being separated by the gate, or Rictor may have to be resurrected after whatever [A] has planned for him.

Am I the only person that thinks Rictor has outgrown his relationship with Shatterstar? I mean, it's comics, so they will be back together one day anyway. I'm just enjoying the development he's getting solo. The budding friendship with Jubilee is something I didn't even know I wanted. His journey is probably my favorite thing about Excalibur right now.

I dont think Rictor ever should have had a relationship with Shatterstar

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TraneTrax View Post
    Am I the only person that thinks Rictor has outgrown his relationship with Shatterstar? I mean, it's comics, so they will be back together one day anyway. I'm just enjoying the development he's getting solo. The budding friendship with Jubilee is something I didn't even know I wanted. His journey is probably my favorite thing about Excalibur right now.
    I get that not everyone is going to enjoy the RicStar pairing, but i don't think he needs to be single to get good development. In New Mutants Dead Souls he was with Star but the focus was on him as an individual, and imo, the relationship added to his characterization in that series rather than distracting from it. And honestly I prefer his characterization in Dead Souls, as others have pointed out, his role in Excalibur is very plot driven. As for his friendship with Jubilee, it's cute, but it kind of feels like a discount version of his friendship with Boom Boom.

I get that not everyone is going to enjoy the RicStar pairing, but i don't think he needs to be single to get good development. In New Mutants Dead Souls he was with Star but the focus was on him as an individual, and imo, the relationship added to his characterization in that series rather than distracting from it. And honestly I prefer his characterization in Dead Souls, as others have pointed out, his role in Excalibur is very plot driven. As for his friendship with Jubilee, it's cute, but it kind of feels like a discount version of his friendship with Boom Boom.
    Completely agree. There’s a tens to break comic books relationships up for ‘better’ storytelling. Which to me is just like telling your friends you’ll only hang out with them if they break up with their partner; because then they’re more ‘fun’. It really annoys me and hope that isn’t the case here

Just finished the latest Excalibur, and it looks like our boy Rictor is now a lava bender, which I love. (Magma who?)
    Rictor seems to have reached a new level of understanding about his powers and himself, though he's been manipulated into doing so by Apocalypse. I'm not sure how he's going to feel about that. But given the results have been mostly all positive so far, I think Apocalypse has a devoted follower

Just finished the latest Excalibur, and it looks like our boy Rictor is now a lava bender, which I love. (Magma who?)
    Rictor seems to have reached a new level of understanding about his powers and himself, though he's been manipulated into doing so by Apocalypse. I'm not sure how he's going to feel about that. But given the results have been mostly all positive so far, I think Apocalypse has a devoted follower
    I just hope is not something temporary, and he doesn't lose these powers after he achieving what |A| wanted.

He is the King. And we are worthy.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Spectacular Member Solitaryhawk's Avatar

I mean, it's a rough sketch so it could change, but neither character looks like Star, neither has the starburst tattoo. And in To's original twitter post: https://twitter.com/marcusto/status/1296305469510877184 he put a Gambit animation on there, and the character on the right looks like To's Gambit. I'm guessing that's Rictor on the left, and they/the team are being reunited after being separated by the gate, or Rictor may have to be resurrected after whatever [A] has planned for him.
    I don’t see any hint of the star birthmark to suggest that it’s Shatterstar. I think you’re right about the Gambit/Rictor reunion given that Ric is one of the figures in The Hanged Man tarot.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont think Rictor ever should have had a relationship with Shatterstar
    Blasphemy.

I’d say that’s a fair assessment of their relationship at this point. I wouldn’t mind seeing both him and ‘Star pursue other relationships (yes, I said it!), but they could still be shown as being good friends. Characters being restricted to the cliques of their own books is always a failing, which was why ‘Star’s odd cameos in New Mutants: Dead Souls was so endearing.

RicStar goes all the way back to OG X-Force. I wasn't that into PAD's X-Factor, even if he was the one to take them from sub-text to text. Essentially, I think there's more to explore with them in theory, but as of 'Star's most recent appearance in the new X-Factor, maybe they should stay broken up until he gets his act back together(Ric's gonna need some therapy himself after all this magic stuff with A blows over).

What a hot mess these boys are!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

xofswords.jpg

Interesting...