Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I was thinking he was going to be revealed to be an External
    I think that's a reach, but it would be awesome, it'd put him right there with some big names

Astonishing Member

IIRC, Rictor was an undocumented immigrant hiding from the US government. He's fought bigoted fascists from the Right. They should have him fighting bigoted fascists from Homeland Security.

Oof! Hot.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I LOVE that he's a full-on Earth elemental now. He's long overdue for a power upgrade.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by andresdavidmr View Post
    Neat
    Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I LOVE that he's a full-on Earth elemental now. He's long overdue for a power upgrade.
    Agreed. I think it's done wonders for him.

I hope it's permanent

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

Oof! Hot.
    What are your thoughts about him possibly being an external?

Quote Originally Posted by andresdavidmr View Post
    What are your thoughts about him possibly being an external?
    I think it's a cool idea and it fits with the direction Howard has been taking him. I'm curious to see how exactly it would happen, as some believe •-[A]-• will have to kill the Eternals to transfer the energy to Julio. That would be scandalous.

I don't know...I feel I want more of this Earth elemental Rictor before they make him a nigh-omnipotent External. And then... if they do give him another power/status boost I hope they follow through with relevant and meaningful appearances and not relegate him to background scenery.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I don't know...I feel I want more of this Earth elemental Rictor before they make him a nigh-omnipotent External. And then... if they do give him another power/status boost I hope they follow through with relevant and meaningful appearances and not relegate him to background scenery.
    I agree. I'd like to see his powers explored more, maybe even sprinkle in some magic. I'd like his foundation to stay the same, no pun intended.

Exactatiously.

Incredible Member

He is in need of a new outfit, go either full druid or keep the simple one that he had in the first arc. But well he had worst looks in the past.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I don't like the idea of Rictor being an External because I don't want him linked to those characters and that concept forever just so [A] (Tini) can use him for a ritual one time. I know the characters have some fans, but outside of [A] and Selene, I find them all pretty lame and convoluted. It's also a poor substitute for actual character development.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I don't like the idea of Rictor being an External because I don't want him linked to those characters and that concept forever just so [A] (Tini) can use him for a ritual one time. I know the characters have some fans, but outside of [A] and Selene, I find them all pretty lame and convoluted. It's also a poor substitute for actual character development.
    Same. Being an External did exactly squat for Cannonball's profile, and I'm not feeling the need for it.

He's got incredible potential, and can continue to have that, without being tied to that business. (See, Storm, Magma, Elixir, Rachel, Lorna, etc. none of whom need an External connection to rock out the great power and / or elemental connection.)

It's interesting how his powers have evolved over the years, from some sort of vibratory stuff that *can* cause earthquakes, to a straight-up geokinetic (which is 100% a different power entirely). On the one hand, cool, and I like the second powerset more anyway, on the other hand, there's already Magma, Petra and Avalanche in that earth-control niche (and it was apparently a common enough mutant powerset that Genosha was pumping out 'earthmovers' back in the day for industrial use), and nobody doing the vibratory / motion / kinetic thing, that I can think of, so that feels like a missed opportunity, changing him from something unique to something we've got a bunch of.

On the upside, he's not a telepathic telekinetic, so it's all good.