Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 80
  1. #61
    all cops are bastards Elmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Sesame Street
    Posts
    2,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    I think it's boring and uncreative. There are ways to make a car that looks like a car still stand out. They didn't even try with this.
    where'd you hear that?
    i'm always online and i'm nice on there

  2. #62
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    where'd you hear that?
    He looked at the picture? I mean, it doesn't really inspire thoughts of "Oh my god that's the Batmobile!" so much as it does "Hey, nice muscle car."

  3. #63
    all cops are bastards Elmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Sesame Street
    Posts
    2,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    He looked at the picture? I mean, it doesn't really inspire thoughts of "Oh my god that's the Batmobile!" so much as it does "Hey, nice muscle car."
    yeah but how do they know that there was no trying involved
    i'm always online and i'm nice on there

  4. #64
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    50,330

    Default

    It does look a little too...normal? At least for me, but I don't think this film is trying to go overboard with the tech and resources compared to the past.

  5. #65
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    yeah but how do they know that there was no trying involved
    Because a very normal ordinary nothing special to look at muscle car gives that impression to some people?

  6. #66
    all cops are bastards Elmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Sesame Street
    Posts
    2,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Because a very normal ordinary nothing special to look at muscle car gives that impression to some people?
    Sure, but it’s clearly not true....

    The designer of the car is Ash Thorp, he has lots of cool vehicle designs on his Instagram. I know a lot of people don’t like the design but it’s disrespectful to assume someone didn’t try when a person did actually spend a lot of hours on this design and all we have are 3 very dimly lit images. Even behind the art we don’t like, there is an artist who is a human being and we have zero way of knowing what kind of effort they put into it.
    Last edited by Elmo; 03-06-2020 at 09:04 AM.
    i'm always online and i'm nice on there

  7. #67
    all cops are bastards Elmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Sesame Street
    Posts
    2,574

    Default

    In this entire thread I don’t think the designer’s name was mentioned once. That’s sad.
    i'm always online and i'm nice on there

  8. #68
    Fantastic Member Gotham citizen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It does look a little too...normal? At least for me, but I don't think this film is trying to go overboard with the tech and resources compared to the past.
    If I'm not wrong this movie will be focused on the early years of Batman, so I suppose they don't want give the idea of a Batman who already know and has everything he need to do his job. This is why they choose Pattinson: he is enough young to be a Batman in his first years of career.

  9. #69
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Sure, but it’s clearly not true....

    The designer of the car is Ash Thorp, he has lots of cool vehicle designs on his Instagram. I know a lot of people don’t like the design but it’s disrespectful to assume someone didn’t try when a person did actually spend a lot of hours on this design and all we have are 3 very dimly lit images. Even behind the art we don’t like, there is an artist who is a human being and we have zero way of knowing what kind of effort they put into it.
    I think you're taking the comments too seriously. This is the internet, people don't think about all the people and man hours behind a thing, they just see the finished result and pass shallow judgment - and the judgment of a lot of folks, myself included, is this is underwhelmingly plain. If it looks so plain that your initial gut reaction is they didn't try, that's what you're going to say, no matter how demonstrably untrue that is.

  10. #70
    all cops are bastards Elmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Sesame Street
    Posts
    2,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I think you're taking the comments too seriously. This is the internet, people don't think about all the people and man hours behind a thing, they just see the finished result and pass shallow judgment - and the judgment of a lot of folks, myself included, is this is underwhelmingly plain. If it looks so plain that your initial gut reaction is they didn't try, that's what you're going to say, no matter how demonstrably untrue that is.
    that's why I'm here to call people out on it!
    i'm always online and i'm nice on there

  11. #71
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    that's why I'm here to call people out on it!
    That's OK because I love your avatar

  12. #72
    all cops are bastards Elmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Sesame Street
    Posts
    2,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    That's OK because I love your avatar
    thanks!!! Bat-Elmo
    i'm always online and i'm nice on there

  13. #73
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Are you living under a rock🤔 it was never going to be connected since Reeves replaced Affleck. I'd love to read Affleck s script
    Why are you crossing your fingers for it to be a spin-off if it's confirmed to be a different continuity then? What am I missing here?

  14. #74
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,666

    Default

    I mean....it's a pretty sweet muscle car. It's got that going for it. I'd drive it.

    Bit underwhelming for the Batmobile, but who's to say this is the only car, or the only look the car will have? For all we know the film will have six different cars, each one more Bat-like than the last. And if this story is pulling any inspiration from the original stories, well, Batman didn't even have a special car, he just used Bruce Wayne's.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  15. #75
    all cops are bastards Elmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Sesame Street
    Posts
    2,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    Why are you crossing your fingers for it to be a spin-off if it's confirmed to be a different continuity then? What am I missing here?
    They said "spin-off a universe" as in kickstart a franchise of films. That was pretty clear I think
    i'm always online and i'm nice on there

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •