Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 80
  1. #16
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,911

    Default

    It looks like a decent enough suit. There's something 'old-school' about the cowl that I kinda like.

    I am a bit disappointed they went with an armored suit. In fact, I'd been intrigued by the rumors of a more classic blue and grey suit earlier. But on the whole, it looks good. This probably isn't the best first impression they could have given us though.

  2. #17
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    It looks like a decent enough suit. There's something 'old-school' about the cowl that I kinda like.

    I am a bit disappointed they went with an armored suit. In fact, I'd been intrigued by the rumors of a more classic blue and grey suit earlier. But on the whole, it looks good. This probably isn't the best first impression they could have given us though.
    Early on there was talk of using Lee Bermejo's art as influence is what I remember and I'm not a fan of that. I will probably end up loving Reeve's movie despite the Battinson costume

  3. #18
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    48,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I don’t think it looks any worse than Bale’s but I was kinda hoping we were past that. I’m kinda ready for the white eyes to be incorporated. We’ve seen that been used for quite a few live action character, in different ways. Also agree that the cowl could have been designed to compliment his head better. I feel like I can see a little of his sideburns.
    When the shot lingered on his eyes, I thought they were going to turn white.

  4. #19
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    When the shot lingered on his eyes, I thought they were going to turn white.
    It works for spidey and Deadpool and comedies and Nolan made it work but please... No

  5. #20
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    48,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    It works for spidey and Deadpool and comedies and Nolan made it work but please... No
    I think it can work, although no one's really tried to apply it to film aside from brief moments.

  6. #21
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it can work, although no one's really tried to apply it to film aside from brief moments.
    You are limiting the actor if you do hide the eyes but it's just Batman

  7. #22
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    48,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    You are limiting the actor if you do hide the eyes but it's just Batman
    I think an actor can make it work, although that's just me .

  8. #23
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Instead of white lenses from the mask, it would be interesting to see what it'd look like with "white contact lenses" — you're still watching the actor's eyeballs, but their eye color is disguised as blank white. Could be appropriately creepy for Batman.

  9. #24
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think an actor can make it work, although that's just me .
    The costume grows on me, shoulders, collar but the cowl is so ugly, yet kinda real. The eyes aren't that high on my list

  10. #25
    Fantastic Member Gotham citizen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    340

    Default

    I accidentally found out this picture of the new Bat-suit and of the new Bat-bike. I can't say I like it, but it seems it is meant to be a sort of "proto-suit", so it can make sense.

  11. #26
    Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Seeing the new leaked pics......I dont know so much now.

  12. #27
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    I accidentally found out this picture of the new Bat-suit and of the new Bat-bike. I can't say I like it, but it seems it is meant to be a sort of "proto-suit", so it can make sense.
    I like it much better than the Matt Reeves redblack video, the Cowl is so Greg Capullo in the leaked pics

  13. #28
    Astonishing Member Pohzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    tOSU
    Posts
    2,570

    Default

    Hate the gauntlets, indifferent on the costume, love the cowl. Excited for the movie.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

    Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)


  14. #29
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    105

    Default

    That costume. You think we can get that changed Sonic-style?
    Last edited by FBarnhill; 02-22-2020 at 10:13 AM.

  15. #30
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    48,597

    Default

    That's probably not the "proper" suit, just one they're using for stunt scenes and will probably edit in post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •