Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    I'm pretty sure it will be, eventually. The upcoming Flashpoint movie will fix the inconsistencies and replace Affleck's Batman with Pattison's.

Though when's the next time the shared universe setting will actually be relevant to the plot of a movie is another matter.
    Is Flashpoint actually official or just rumor?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son View Post
    It's strange that there isn't a general discussion thread on a brand new Batman movie, but since this seems to be the only The Batman-related thread, thoughts on the Batmobile reveal?

https://twitter.com/mattreevesLA/sta...61421425958912
    Not impressed. You got to do more for the Batmobile give it fins or a bat-head hood, something. It's too plain.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Not impressed. You got to do more for the Batmobile give it fins or a bat-head hood, something. It's too plain.
    I believe it's taking inspiration from some of the Batmobiles of the bronze age, which in many cases were relatively plain sports and muscle cars.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

The Batmobile has had a stock car look for longer and more often than its had a stylized look.

Incredible Member

The shape of the fins kinda reminds me of the Knightfall-era batmobile, except just black and not blue and yellow.

Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar

I actually like the new Batmobile and suit. Well for a 2 year Bruce Wayne Batman

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

It's strange that there isn't a general discussion thread on a brand new Batman movie, but since this seems to be the only The Batman-related thread, thoughts on the Batmobile reveal?

It seems a Lamborghini Jalpa in Mad Max style!

vehicle_ad_standard_image_34ae01afe1c2dc06f4326f872321840e.jpg

BANNED

There are soooo many Batmobile designs though, it’s hard to say what works and what doesn’t. For me it’s how it fits whatever depiction or “era” of the character they want to portray.

I like it a lot. Mid engine with a muscle car look. Looks stripped down a bit too so it’s probably fast as hell.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by agentofthebat View Post
    I actually like the new Batmobile and suit. Well for a 2 year Bruce Wayne Batman
    The Adam West esque cowl grows on me. The car is beautiful. BvS mobile was the worst... Tumbler/Batman'89 the best

Astonishing Member

LOVE the new Batmobile!

Its like an updated more 'teched-out' version of the 70's Batmobile from the comics.

Also, I love how the suit looks in these photos. We can barely see it, but its the best look at the Batsuit yet IMO.

Albert9000

Best Batmobile I've seen in a while tbh

Mighty Member

I'm an odd man as I think after having a bunch of tanks in modern takes it's actually nice to see the Batmobile look like a souped up car full of gadgets again.

I believe it's taking inspiration from some of the Batmobiles of the bronze age, which in many cases were relatively plain sports and muscle cars.
    Maybe, but even some of those had a bit more flair. This takes that concept and reduces it even further.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    The Batmobile has had a stock car look for longer and more often than its had a stylized look.
    Yeah, but most modern versions are more stylized. The stock car look isn't as common these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    There are soooo many Batmobile designs though, it’s hard to say what works and what doesn’t. For me it’s how it fits whatever depiction or “era” of the character they want to portray.

I like it a lot. Mid engine with a muscle car look. Looks stripped down a bit too so it’s probably fast as hell.
    True, I'll definitely let the movie give it a chance to wow me, but so far I'll I've got to give is a shrug and the minor response of, "It's a car I guess."

And for all those saying in this thread and the TV/Film one that it reminds you of the 66 Batmobile, can I ask how so? Cause outside "it's a car" I don't see the resemblance.

BANNED

True, I'll definitely let the movie give it a chance to wow me, but so far I'll I've got to give is a shrug and the minor response of, "It's a car I guess."

And for all those saying in this thread and the TV/Film one that it reminds you of the 66 Batmobile, can I ask how so? Cause outside "it's a car" I don't see the resemblance.
    maybe the red? I don't see it either. Batman 66 was a challenge as a car because the Batmobile is meant to be unique-looking and not like other normal cars, but in the show they wanted the audience to clearly see Burt Ward and Adam West in the vehicle, and I don't think this is a style of Batmobile that gives us a good outside-in look.

Its prototype/project car look to me enforces the element that this is a Bruce Wayne in his early years of crimefighting.

Incredible Member

I think it's boring and uncreative. There are ways to make a car that looks like a car still stand out. They didn't even try with this.