Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    With Diana returning to her golden age roots, it makes sense she became a mentor to younger heroes like the Titans.
    I don't think that's really related to her Golden Age roots as far as making her a mentor, but it does indicate some radical WW continuity alterations.

Wonder Woman...family???! What is that?
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Spectacular Member

With Diana's history changing with the new DCU timeline, I'm 99.9% certain that Donna's is as well.
    But it didn't happened yet. This story is still very much in continuity of n52/rebirth, when the last time Diana had a protégé moment with Donna was in the arc of her super-villain alternate future (don't remember the name), more like a jail guard than protégé actualy...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Looking back at the april solicits in this case it refers to Amazons in general.

WONDER WOMAN #756
    written by STEVE ORLANDO
    art by JESUS MERINO and VICENTE CIFUENTES
    cover by ROBSON ROCHA and DANNY MIKI
    card stock variant cover by MIKEL JANÍN
    With Wonder Woman down, the Four Horsewomen are victorious—and now they set their sights on the rest of the Amazons! Can anyone stop Warmaster from delivering ultimate vengeance upon Wonder Woman’s family?

Also looking at the the solicits. I think the "anyone" might be Donna and she'll show up to save Hippolyta and the rest of the Amazons from Paula and her cohorts.

You know if they return Donna to her classic origin as Diana's adopted sister in full, I think I'd also like to see a nice Poly and Donna moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakel View Post
    But it didn't happened yet. This story is still very much in continuity of n52/rebirth, when the last time Diana had a protégé moment with Donna was in the arc of her super-villain alternate future (don't remember the name), more like a jail guard than protégé actualy...
    I think they've unofficially dropped the idea of a clear pre and post doomsday clock cut off point. Snyder had it that in JL #39 that the Dc universe's timeline has split and indicated Doomsday clock occurred in a separate time line from his JL Run, but the events can reverberate between timelines and have an effect or some thing. Johns is also having the modern day JSA show up in Shazam soon, he said in an interview. Steve Orlando I think also indicated that post #750 hes's writing as Diana's "5g" origin is now canon and all of Diana's publication history is now in broad strokes continuity. So Devastation's and Genocides original stories under Eric Luke and Gail Simone happened at least in broad strokes. Given that the 758 solicit refers to Paula as Diana's former friend I'm thinking even her golden age stories might be in continuity and Paula has Amazon immortality to explain why she's still youthful. I get its kind of annoying to see continuity treated like this, but we'll see.

Donna's rebirth status never made any sense, nor did they make any real effort to explain it anyway.

So, I say yeah, let's see if they're able to finally fix Donna and get her relationship with Diana right and maybe fix her origin.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

It happened in Wonder Woman #750 in the final story that Snyder & Hitch did. Even when Donna was in Titans, there were hints that she and Diana had worked together plus Justice League Dark negated Donna's Finch created New 52 origin as Hecate was responsible for Donna's creation in the New 52 but in JLDark, Diana had just met her so things had already changed by then.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Spectacular Member

It happened in Wonder Woman #750 in the final story that Snyder & Hitch did
    There is no mention of Donna in this issue.

Snyder had it that in JL #39 that the Dc universe's timeline has split and indicated Doomsday clock occurred in a separate time line from his JL Run, but the events can reverberate between timelines and have an effect or some thing. Johns is also having the modern day JSA show up in Shazam soon, he said in an interview.
    But i wasn't talking about Doomsday Clock, JL or JSA, just the Titans (because it's where Donna appear the most) and Wonder woman (where she should appear more often). And no mention of any "protégé moment" in there.

Donna's rebirth status never made any sense, nor did they make any real effort to explain it anyway.
    But it is the only status that matter for "new reader", assuming they didn't read before n52. You can't expect people to read 80 years of comics to know what happen now, and that is why n52 was a good idea (but poorly executed i admit). Old origins don't matter anymore.

If something has changed, it has to be somewhere in the new continuity or it doesn't make sense and lose the reader.

Incredible Member

There is no mention of Donna in this issue.

But i wasn't talking about Doomsday Clock, JL or JSA, just the Titans (because it's where Donna appear the most) and Wonder woman (where she should appear more often). And no mention of any "protégé moment" in there.

But it is the only status that matter for "new reader", assuming they didn't read before n52. You can't expect people to read 80 years of comics to know what happen now, and that is why n52 was a good idea (but poorly executed i admit). Old origins don't matter anymore.

If something has changed, it has to be somewhere in the new continuity or it doesn't make sense and lose the reader.
    If you want a moment where things change in continuity, it would have to be Doomsday Clock, as there's a line about Wonder Woman having been a member of the JSA, and #750's story with her first public appearance being retconned back to 1939's world fair. Donna is a Wonder Woman derived character, despite tending to fall under titans editorial(Titans isn't running right now with her anyway) and thus is likewise effected. Does it kind of go against the idea that doomsday clock was suppose to be a year ahead in the future of the current stories? Yeah. But it's the way it is. So from #750 onwards we're post DDC's alterations to the timeline.

I get wanting things to more directly be addressed to reader, but such is the nature of the superhero shared universe. You can't get the full picture with just WW or Titans.

I think they're probably going to dismiss New 52/Rebirth's weirdness with something messing with people minds memories, and since Donna rebirth status never made sense to begin with it's easy to dismiss as having been false all along and her true history with Diana is now being revealed and restored. And I'm okay with it more or less. And I'm fine with it in this case at least as a fan of both Diana and Donna. Donna is desperately in need of having her origin cleaned up and having her relationships fixed.
    Last edited by Artemisfanboy; 02-16-2020 at 03:46 AM.

Spectacular Member

If you want a moment where things change in continuity, it would have to be Doomsday Clock, as there's a line about Wonder Woman having been a member of the JSA, and #750's story with her first public appearance being retconned back to 1939's world fair. Donna is a Wonder Woman derived character, despite tending to fall under titans editorial(Titans isn't running right now with her anyway) and thus is likewise effected. Does it kind of go against the idea that doomsday clock was suppose to be a year ahead in the future of the current stories? Yeah. But it's the way it is. So from #750 onwards we're post DDC's alterations to the timeline.

I get wanting things to more directly be addressed to reader, but such is the nature of the superhero shared universe. You can't get the full picture with just WW or Titans.

I think they're probably going to dismiss New 52/Rebirth's weirdness with something messing with people minds memories, and since Donna rebirth status never made sense to begin with it's easy to dismiss as having been false all along and her true history with Diana is now being revealed and restored. And I'm okay with it more or less. And I'm fine with it in this case at least as a fan of both Diana and Donna. Donna is desperately in need of having her origin cleaned up and having her relationships fixed.
    I did read Doomsday Clock and others DC published series and i didn't see Donna and Diana having "protégé moments". If you can point them to me i would appreciate it.
    As for Donna status, i agree. Between N52/rebirth it doesn't make sense, even though titans annual tried to adress it, but running forward and avoiding explaination won't change it either. And waiting to have the proper book being published to have the explaination (when ? in a month ? 2 months ? a year ?) is just confusing, not only for the readers but also, i guess, for the writers.

Incredible Member

They didn't have any mentor-protoge moment, But it's the moment where Diana's( by extension Donna's) history was changed.

I don't know how much detail they're going to go into with explaining away and retconning the New52-Rebirth stuff. But so far with current plot...

In the Deathbringer oneshot, Donna is driven insane and corrupted by being forced to remember all her contradicting origin stories

In Batma/Superman #6 Bruce and Clark go to tell Diana about Donna. Diana already has found out already and mad at Bruce for holding him partly responsible for what's happened. She's deeply concerned about Donna's well being and wants to find a cure for her. Diana takes off saying she will find a way to save Donna.

In #751 Diana tries to contact locate Donna with the Amazons Magic Sphere. It fails, But she admits she hasn't been there for Donna recently but promises herself they will talk soon. She also refers to Donna as "sister", though you could interpret that in few ways. A footnote mentions this is happening concurrently with Hell Arisen.

And She'll be showing up for sure in #757, and I think likely at the end of 756 ,apparently cured of BWL's corruption, to help Diana and save Themyscira from the Four Horsewomen.

(I need to go check out Hell arisen to see if there's anything there since it will play into this since I'm guessing it will end with at least some of the infected heroes, including Donna being cured. I've just gotten back into this with #750 after taking a break for a while so I'm getting caught up still)

I'm guessing the earliest we'll get details on Diana and Donna's restored history with them being mentor-protege/sisters is when Donna shows up to save Themyscira in #756-#757, maybe in some more in #758. If the're going to dedicate a full issue to it the earliest would be June with 759-760.

Anyway I'm getting really excited about this. I'm actually getting the sense that Snyder and Orlando are coordinating on this one. Hoping for the best.

This thread is giving me a headache. Who is served by making comics so hard to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Oh Pinsir...thats why we love you. Lol
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Wonder Woman has a new arch-nemesis. I guess warmaster is here to stay.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Personally, I would have preferred "sister" or even "adopted sister", but I'll take what I can get at this point.
    I like "sister" - not too keen on protege, as that was really never their relationship in the era I read Donna. Hippolyta was her teacher (along with being her mom, similar to Jon and Superman) and we just didn't see her learning from Diana, on the whole, as Diana was mostly not present on Paradise Island when she was of an age to be trained.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Wonder Woman has a new arch-nemesis. I guess warmaster is here to stay.
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves.