Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wonder Woman May solicitation 2020

WONDER WOMAN #757
    written by STEVE ORLANDO
    art by JESUS MERINO and VICENTE CIFUENTES
    cover by ROBSON ROCHA and DANNY MIKI
    card stock variant cover by OLIVIER COIPEL
    Warmaster’s plot to destroy Wonder Woman’s family is nearly complete...but Diana has reunited with her former protégé Donna Troy! Are the two of them enough to face the might of the Four Horsewomen? Or is the Age of the Amazons at an end?
    ON SALE 05.13.20

WONDER WOMAN #758
    written by STEVE ORLANDO
    art by EMANUELA LUPACCHINO
    cover by ROBSON ROCHA and DANIEL HENRIQUES
    card stock variant cover by JEFF DEKAL
    Wonder Woman puts herself on the line to save Warmaster from an ancient power—the Phantom Stranger! But Diana is out of her depth, and the Stranger’s power knows no limit! Is our hero prepared to break eternal law to save her former friend? Or is the Circle of Eternity’s judgment exactly what Warmaster deserves?

GENERATION ONE
    The march toward DC’s future begins here!
    By an all-star team of writers and artists!
    In May, DC launches a series of special one-shots that detail the history of the DC Universe starting with the debut of Wonder Woman, DC’s first superhero, and leading all the way to a bold new era unlike anything you’ve seen before. before. It starts on Free Comic Book Day with Generation Zero, and continues in May with Generation One—with each subsequent month seeing a new one-shot spotlighting the next generation of DC’s super-heroic legacy.
    The secret history of the DC Universe unfolds before us as seen through the eyes of Wonder Woman, Lucius Fox, King Faraday, and more!
    What is the previously undocumented “big bang” of the heroic age? What was the real reason behind the Justice Society’s retirement? Which hero of the Golden Age makes a shocking transformation into its greatest villain? The answers set up the boldest DC storylines ever told in this, the first of five one-shot issues that chronicle the history of the DC Universe and lays the groundwork for excitement yet to come!
    ONE-SHOT
    PRESTIGE FORMAT
    ON SALE 05.27.20
    $5.99 US | 48 PAGES
    FC | DC

JUSTICE LEAGUE #46
    written by ROBERT VENDITTI
    art by XERMANICO
    cover by GARY FRANK
    variant cover by CLAY MANN
    “Vengeance Is Thine” part three! On Themyscira, peace hangs in the balance when the Justice League is caught trespassing on the island of the Amazons! As the Spectre’s wave of vengeance sweeps across the world, the island is now twisted with rage. In order to quell mass retribution, the team must enter the Pit of Tartarus and find Jim Corrigan, but first they will have to fight their way into it—among each other and with their not-so-gracious Amazonian hosts!
    ON SALE 05.06.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | DC
    This issue will ship with two covers.
    Please see the order form for details.

JUSTICE LEAGUE #47
    written by ROBERT VENDITTI
    art by EDDY BARROWS and EBER FERREIRA
    cover by GARY FRANK
    card stock variant cover by MIKEL JANíN
    “Vengeance Is Thine” conclusion! The Justice League battles through the dreaded Pit of Tartarus, mythological prison to the most wretched creatures imaginable. Batman, Superman, the Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, and Wonder Woman must resolve their long-held grudges while they still can—and before the world burns. Yet even if they succeed, they must still defeat the monster that lives and rules at the dark base of Tartarus.
    ON SALE 05.20.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $4.99 US
    FC | DC
    This issue will ship with two covers.
    Please see the order form for details.

DARK NIGHTS: DEATH METAL #1
    written by SCOTT SNYDER
    art by GREG CAPULLO and JONATHAN GLAPION
    card stock foil cover by GREG CAPULLO and JONATHAN GLAPION
    Batman variant cover by DAVID FINCH
    Superman variant cover by FRANCESCO MATTINA
    Wonder Woman variant cover by STANLEY “ARTGERM” LAU
    1:100 variant cover by GREG CAPULLO and JONATHAN GLAPION
    Black and white party variant cover by GREG CAPULLO and JONATHAN GLAPION
    blank variant cover

Get ready for the earth-shattering encore! The legendary team behind Dark Nights: Metal and Batman: Last Knight on Earth take center stage and reunite for one last tour.
    When the Earth is enveloped by the Dark Multiverse, the Justice League is at the mercy of the Batman Who Laughs. Humanity struggles to survive in a hellish landscape twisted beyond recognition, while Batman, Wonder Woman, and Superman have all been separated and fight to survive. Unleash the beast and let the head banging begin!
    ON SALE 05.13.20 | CARD STOCK COVERS
    $4.99 US | 1 OF 6 | 32 PAGES

Diana finally reuniting with Donna has me hyped .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Diana finally reuniting with Donna has me hyped .
    "Former protoge" sounds promising, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    "Former protoge" sounds promising, at least.
    Yeah, I don't think they would've said that if New 52 Donna was still canon .

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Im thrilled that Donna will be appearing in Wonder Woman again. It's great that Orlando wants to re-establish Diana and Donna's relationship. I just hope that editorial gives him permission to fix the kinks and missteps that have happened along the way since Crisis.

I'm also intrigued by seeing the Phantom Stranger will be appearing in the book.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Incredible Member

Diana finally reuniting with Donna has me hyped.
    Me too! Cassie Sandsmark next please!

Personally, I would have preferred "sister" or even "adopted sister", but I'll take what I can get at this point.

With Diana returning to her golden age roots, it makes sense she became a mentor to younger heroes like the Titans.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    With Diana returning to her golden age roots, it makes sense she became a mentor to younger heroes like the Titans.
    With Diana returning to her golden age roots, the tea no reason Donna cant get her original origin back and finally be free of all the garbage.

Incredible Member

I agree. Donna should be returned to original origin now that there's nothing to preclude it. And she very well might be. In #751, Diana did refer to Donna as sister when trying to contact her, though which way she meant the term sister could be speculated on. "Protoge" doesn't preclude her from also being Diana's sister in more than a general sense of the term.

Also note Donna, by her appearance on the cover isn't Infected anymore? I was thinking that next arc after this one with von Gunther would be about Diana trying to save and cure Donna from BWL, but it looks like she'll get cured elsewhere first (Hell Arisen?).

Also from the second solicit, Paula seems to be referred to as an old friend of Diana's, so maybe she hasn't been rebooted as some of us were thinking and her original stories, are still going to be in continuity, with her still being alive due to reforming and becoming an Amazon with this being reversion to villainy for some reason? (Another note, Paula while the Amazon's chief scientist was the one who came up with the idea to use the purple ray to give Donna her powers pre-crisis, so there's Donna-Gunther connection.)

Anyway really excited about this.

Spectacular Member

So we go from "barely know each other" to "former protégé" with no reason and no developpement. I'm not sure i like what they are doing...

He could be retconning the origin. That Donna doesn’t have fake memories.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manakel View Post
    So we go from "barely know each other" to "former protégé" with no reason and no developpement. I'm not sure i like what they are doing...

With Diana's history changing with the new DCU timeline, I'm 99.9% certain that Donna's is as well.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.